• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Event Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
I still can’t wrap my head around how you can get 8.4Q goods in 10 hours with the set up you have. I set mine up the exact way you have it in your tutorial and it takes me 24 hours to produce that. What am I missing?

Most likely the fact that he is selling swampland.

DeletedUser115770

I've just started a new town. I'll keep the Festival and Ferry managers at lvl 3, see if the 24 hour cycle still works. That will save 300 pots of gold per town.

That’s generally how I ran my first town through on my main. Level 300 festival and ferry with level 3 managers. Everyone else was level one manager and the fireworks was at 35 or 40. It takes about two days. (Actually less but it ends while you sleep) The grueling part of this option is that it takes so much time just to generate the shamrocks needed to upgrade to the levels it requires to generate 8.4Q in a shorter time that it’s almost the same as just waiting 36 hours at level 250 with level 3 managers.

So that extra 100% speed from the festival cuts it down a whole day but you just don’t naturally generate enough gold pots throughout the event to keep up the one a day pace. Would be interesting to see if a level 4 festival manager with a level 3 ferry manager would keep up the pace or if it would create a bottleneck.

That would save you 3000 good pots and potentially put you in tolerable limits of the event constraint.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

I just hit an Upgrade your Festival Manager to Level 4 quest :D I guess diamonds will be necessary to keep up the 1 town a day rate. It's been a good start, but looks like it will have to slow down. Still, 17 days to go, a new town every 2 days, a Grand prize every 2 days still means another 8 grand prizes, so 2 or 3 of them should be Celtic Forest upgrades. so only 2 or 3 needed from chests to complete the set and upgrade it. More than that though, this event is entertaining and addictive. I hated those spinning gambling wheels where you just click and hope for the best. I really do love this event. Yeah, stuff it, I'm going to buy a few more diamonds :D

Agent327

Overlord
I just hit an Upgrade your Festival Manager to Level 4 quest :D I guess diamonds will be necessary to keep up the 1 town a day rate. It's been a good start, but looks like it will have to slow down. Still, 17 days to go, a new town every 2 days, a Grand prize every 2 days still means another 8 grand prizes, so 2 or 3 of them should be Celtic Forest upgrades. so only 2 or 3 needed from chests to complete the set and upgrade it. More than that though, this event is entertaining and addictive. I hated those spinning gambling wheels where you just click and hope for the best. I really do love this event. Yeah, stuff it, I'm going to buy a few more diamonds :D

Task 25 on the first set is update your Shipyard manager to level 4. Task 23 on the third set is update your Festival manager to level 4. How could you have missed those Gorge? From your own info you must by now have done every set 3 times.

Penjara

Private
Although this is a new account, I have played FoE for some 2 years in top guilds.

This is the worst Event we have experienced in all that time by a very long way. It is the first time I have known players to leave the game over an Event because they feel that there is no future in FoE.

Hours watching a ship go back and forth while we top up the building levels. Running out of quests just 3 days into the Event. Unable to generate PoG to make the cities run or to complete tasks.

A lack of information on how the Event is supposed to work, including last minute cobbled together videos that leave out essential pieces of information.

After putting in all this work, the worst prizes in an Event I have even known. Days of work just to get a Sentinel Outpost.

Players deserve an apology and compensation for this almighty screw up. Never have I felt so dejected over this game.

What are you going to do right now to make up for this mess?

Boorg

Captain
In one of my Worlds incidents gave me 500 Pots of Gold!

I thought 100 was the maximum we could find.

Anybody else found 500 Pots of Gold?

1582504269527.png

DeletedUser110327

Task 25 on the first set is update your Shipyard manager to level 4. Task 23 on the third set is update your Festival manager to level 4. How could you have missed those Gorge? From your own info you must by now have done every set 3 times.

Yes, I must have Agent, but it obviously didn't register with me. This is still my favourite Event, and that isn't going to change. It's brilliantly put together, really excellent event.

DeletedUser111428

Although this is a new account, I have played FoE for some 2 years in top guilds.

This is the worst Event we have experienced in all that time by a very long way. It is the first time I have known players to leave the game over an Event because they feel that there is no future in FoE.

Hours watching a ship go back and forth while we top up the building levels. Running out of quests just 3 days into the Event. Unable to generate PoG to make the cities run or to complete tasks.

A lack of information on how the Event is supposed to work, including last minute cobbled together videos that leave out essential pieces of information.

After putting in all this work, the worst prizes in an Event I have even known. Days of work just to get a Sentinel Outpost.

Players deserve an apology and compensation for this almighty screw up. Never have I felt so dejected over this game.

What are you going to do right now to make up for this mess?
...nothing? Absolutely nothing? ;)

DeletedUser110327

Yes, ran out of pots of gold today, with 2 quests requiring manager upgrades. There are 1400 pots of gold ahead of me in the main questline, so things slow down considerably now. Everyone should be able to easily achieve a full Celtic set, with full upgrades requiring diamonds I guess, but that's okay, this is a free to play after all.

You folks who don't like this event, do you really enjoy spinning wheels mindlessly and call that an event and entertaining? Could it be that it's just different and involves a learning curve? When folks go to Modern Era they complain like crazy because the goods system changes. They call Inno all sorts of names for it, but it isn't difficult, it's just different. Ruts can become too comfortable. Give the event a fair go and you might be surprised as it's really quite excellent.

DeletedUser111428

Yes, ran out of pots of gold today, with 2 quests requiring manager upgrades. There are 1400 pots of gold ahead of me in the main questline, so things slow down considerably now. Everyone should be able to easily achieve a full Celtic set, with full upgrades requiring diamonds I guess, but that's okay, this is a free to play after all.

You folks who don't like this event, do you really enjoy spinning wheels mindlessly and call that an event and entertaining? Could it be that it's just different and involves a learning curve? When folks go to Modern Era they complain like crazy because the goods system changes. They call Inno all sorts of names for it, but it isn't difficult, it's just different. Ruts can become too comfortable. Give the event a fair go and you might be surprised as it's really quite excellent.
Sorry but I MUST correct you; everyone should be able to get a Full Celtic Forest Set with NO DIAMONDS BEING spent, as long as you are willing to complete the Event on the very last day; obviously, it is clear to me (and to whoever reads this Forum) that you did not mind buying Diamonds so that you could buy Pots of Gold to speed up the process from you end and get those Celtic Forest items faster.

It also seems that you are going through the Event without proper planning and strategy, resulting in additional Diamonds spent from your end...which is OK if you are willing to spend real money to get those Diamonds but please stop bragging about this because we will start thinking that you either work for Innogames, that they task you to be one of the ONLY player who somehow finds this Event fun and enjoyable...or that you are OK with this Event since you spend money left and right ;)

People have the right to complain and to voice their concerns; a simple look at the Beta Forum related to this Event will clearly AND easily show you that almost ALL players (including myself) simply disliked this kind of Event, which by the way has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the essence of Forge of Empires! Carnival Event was an issue to several players due to the nature of the Event (too much emphasis on luck for 2 of the 3 games being offered) and the fact that players were forced to log into the game several times a day to collect their tickets to play the minigames...this Event is not different in this aspect; players are being forced by Innogames to log in several times a day AND to stay in front of a minigame just to level the various Factories!

It is no secret that Innogames came up with this Event to force people to spend MORE TIME logged into a FoE Session and to make honorable mistakes, leading to Diamonds purchases to complete the Event.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

My sole purpose isn't simply to make Inno money, Agent, it's to ensure I still have an excellent game to play in 10 years so I can enjoy my evening years passing the time most agreeably.

Oh good yet another set and not an inch of space in my city to put them without deleting more useful buildings so I won't be bothering with this one. Perhaps if a few more expansions were made available to give us more room to build all this junk players would be more interested in events like this.

DeletedUser118860

My sole purpose isn't simply to make Inno money, Agent, it's to ensure I still have an excellent game to play in 10 years so I can enjoy my evening years passing the time most agreeably.
The problem is that you may have to play events like the current one all the time, but then you'd like that I guess. Each to his own I suppose.