• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

St. Patrick's Event 2021 Feedback!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
G'day all from down under, I have to go on a little rant, about the game, I love this game, l really do, l love it so much l have 2 cities 1 in Houndsmore another in Noarsil, my rant is about these events like the current St Paddies, l have many buildings in my inventory and 14 great buildings just waiting to get built but l have no room to build them.

Then someone gets a hare brained idea "How about we add events to get more buildings at the end of the event?" it seems that everyone thought what a great idea, but it seems that no one thought about giving the players more expansion to allow the players to build new their brand new building that they won during the event and to make matters even worse, it just about seems every time, that we also have to build more stuff to progress through the event, like build some cultural buildings, decorations, recruit more troops from one's current era or from a previous era or even delete troops etc.

Now l have nothing against the events but at least have some events or other ways so that we can get more expansions instead of more useless, unnecessary, unable to be built, building, cos no one has enough room to build them, so please for the love of this game that we all love, please, please, PLEASE, let us have more expansions so that we can build all of the buildings and great buildings that we currently have sitting around in our inventory collecting virtual dust.

Cheers, The Bloke from Oz

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Do you totally have no idea how to play this game, or what to do?
Your space is limited (as it should be), you get to decide what you want to build and where to build it - and sometimes even get to decide how many copies of a building you want to build.
This is not some kind of cookie cutter game, where everyone is going to have basically the same city because everyone can have at least 1 of every building (and there is the start of another rant, why can you not have enough expansion space to build more than 1 of every building!)
The new buildings at the end of the event are a "reward" - not something you have to have, but something you are permitted to obtain, if you have done the proper requisites. And when you do it - you can either build it, store it, or sell it - your choice. You do not have space to build it - well then, easy enough, sell (or tear down) something else so you have space to build it.
You do not need to have more expansions - you need to have the knowledge to build something within the constraints of the expansions that you have earne (or bought). And with future Age expansions, well, that should mean additional expansion space to build things, or not.
Live with it, or leave it. You want to build something - find a way to make the space - stop crying and expecting that space be given to you.
If it really matters so much, learn to use your "Store Buildings" wisely - and you can shake the dust off of some of your inventory and place it in the city - and then put it back in inventory later so you can bring something else out.
A rant, or a whine? hmmm

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hello @CharlieGutzAche and welcome to our forum,
Thank you for your feedback. As you go through events, any building that is requested from you to build can be removed as you complete the quest, so you get your space freed. Another thing is that, if you don't have enough space, you can start switching your outdated buildings with the new, more efficient. There are many way to get more expansions tho, but they cannot be unlimited :)

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
G'day all from down under, I have to go on a little rant, about the game, I love this game, l really do, l love it so much l have 2 cities 1 in Houndsmore another in Noarsil, my rant is about these events like the current St Paddies, l have many buildings in my inventory and 14 great buildings just waiting to get built but l have no room to build them.

Then someone gets a hare brained idea "How about we add events to get more buildings at the end of the event?" it seems that everyone thought what a great idea, but it seems that no one thought about giving the players more expansion to allow the players to build new their brand new building that they won during the event and to make matters even worse, it just about seems every time, that we also have to build more stuff to progress through the event, like build some cultural buildings, decorations, recruit more troops from one's current era or from a previous era or even delete troops etc.

Now l have nothing against the events but at least have some events or other ways so that we can get more expansions instead of more useless, unnecessary, unable to be built, building, cos no one has enough room to build them, so please for the love of this game that we all love, please, please, PLEASE, let us have more expansions so that we can build all of the buildings and great buildings that we currently have sitting around in our inventory collecting virtual dust.

you want this game to be more easier......this is a strategy game, get over it.

This is a strategy game. City building and managing limited city space is part of the strategy. Improve your city building skills.
I looked at your city in Houndsmore. I could make maybe 20% more free space by reconstructing the city. You have far too many roads in the city. And I wonder, why do you have a line of free space in front of all your Victorian Houses, and why do you still have buildings from lower eras in the city? Btw, two lane roads must be connected to the Town Hall; that's why the construction of your Garage has stalled.
If you post screenshots of your cities here, I'm sure someone can give you excellent advise on reconstruction.

Last edited:
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie; Try investing FPs in the GBs of other Players to gain Victory Exps from the Medals accrued
Charlie doesn't really need city expansions right away. He just needs to reconstruct the city. There's plenty of space available.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
If he indeed has 14GBs in Invent, ready to be built then he obviously does need Exps. Restructuring will grab back a little wasted Footprint but seriously; 14GBs worth? I doubt that. Industrial and short of space? I think it's very nearly as funny as it is pitiful.
another city in Contemporary in all sorts of disarray

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Well, who merged Charlie's thread about city building and limited space with the St. Patrick feedback thread?
It's a feedback that also applies to the current event, so it's completely okay to discuss it, but keep it under the boundaries of civil and polite behavior, that's all.

Knight of ICE

Well, who merged Charlie's thread about city building and limited space with the St. Patrick feedback thread?
We're not allowed to question mods' decisions, I know, but that was a really weird move.

You are not allowed to question mod decisions ON THE FORUM! There is nothing preventing you from sending a PM to a mod and ask.

Forum rules:

- If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

How hard can that be?

P.Pixie

Corporal
I may be missing something but what does this event have to do with St Patricks Day apart from the Hat in the Hat Factory which is I suppose a Lepracauns Hat ,what does shipping goods, cupcakes,fireworks and flowers have to do with Ireland? The graphics are at best dull and the tasks like watching paint dry then peel off! I said last year if it was like this again I wouldnt do it but more fool me I started it and now wish it was over :-) Next year I will not do it even if you get a flatulent lepracaun that farts out 1000FPS a day!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
1615373523591.png

Now, I can tell this is not really designed to go higher then what is expected, considering it takes over 8 hours for a single level on the festival collection now, lol

Chilliwilli

Private
I played it to the max, and got level 10, but along the way I earned so much other stuff. I got shines wishing wells 2 rouge dens so many forge points I leveled up C of A GB to 10(I was at a level cant remember but 5 or 6) and loads of other stuff Celtic forest loads of towers and a lot more besides. So sorry for all those that hated it, I LOVED IT! But I am only a very low level so for me its all good.

Last edited:
Good job Inno; the event was creative and required a strategy which was just how Foe is meant to be played. Well thought through and balanced, in many ways better than settlements. :)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I loathed it. Not difficult, but time consuming and tedious.

With a decent prize like the druid temple, I would have spent diamonds to get a second one, but I couldn't face doing that twice, even if it were possible.

Last edited: