• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

St. Patrick's Event 2021 Feedback!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Forwandert

Major-General
Is there really any need for an in game announcement every day giving event tips?

Its very tedious having to clear the message on every world every day :mad:

I literally just logged on to say the same thing!

If an event is that complicated it requires 3 tutorials maybe time to rethink the event? Why we're being spammed with them now I have no idea. The event started two days ago so the tutorials should have been posted before release so players knew what to do before starting. (In 1 message not 1 a day) I think they're set to auto message they are being sent at the exact same time daily but they are annoying.

Feedback
pro's:
the druid temple is a nice building with a relatively good reward for the space taken.
the graphics are ok..

cons
where to start.

it feels like this event was planned for making money rather than gamer enjoyment or interest. as a result its lacking imagination or creativity.

The questlines are repetitive and dull.

a good amount of time is spent waiting.. and waiting and waiting... and Ive switched off and gone to another game while I wait for yet another pile of shamrocks to appear.. its very much all or nothing.. either there is loads happening or your waiting for literally days as nothing really happens aside from counters increasing. Dull.

Pots of gold. well they are quite sparse considering how many you need to get a druids temple LvL 10. and again the quests are long and tedious.. "complete 8 x 24 productions" really.. ok well ill kick that off and wait an entire day just to collect 100 pots of gold. I mean come on?!

The amount of gold required to open the crates between the towns is IMO too large. its means players either miss out on druid temple upgrades or have to spend money (which incidentally feels like your only motive for this event, that's never good as it alienates players.) first time through the first town anyone who didn't know they need to save 1900 pots of gold is royally screwed.

it honestly feels like you had a few ideas, none of them really worked or were ve4ry creative, so you threw them all together in the hope it might work or be interested.. but no. its like a mini games designed by a committee of accountants. long, slow, boring accounting for shamrocks and pots of gold.. and productions and more productions..zzzz

for example there are no quests which require guild interaction. this game is all about guilds and you have ignored its strength.

Overall
Disappointing let down, lacks creativity, feels like your milking players for cash. I don't mind spending a bit occasionally, and if I thought there was any value for money in your deals might even buy one. but really its like a bad day at Lehman Brothers...

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I kinda like it. It's different to other events I've played.
I like the early micro-management of the city.
As for the complaints about waiting, well, why don't you do what you were gonna do if the event wasn't on?
You don't have to sit watching it. Start things off, tweak it now and again and forget about it. Do whatever it is you do when not sat in front of Forge.

Once you realise you can advance to the next city when you've got the required gold and shamrocks, you don't even need to wait for the final few long-winded tasks to complete. It saves some of the time spent at least.
And as far as I can tell, it's very possible to get a fully upgraded Temple without spending.
Quest rewards (3), the prize box from the previous event (1), Grand prize rewards (3-4?) and opening all 6 chests (3-4 times) gives you a chance anyway.
Also no player should expect to always get a full main prize. It's not guaranteed, especially to F2P players, and you may have to settle for a partially upgraded prize and come back to it next year.

I agree there are too many "finish x hour productions" in the questline. And a regular need to build residences, for some reason.
Also agree the tutorials should have been sent much earlier.

I would also say to those who are a bit confused by it that hints and tips are available online if you look.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
cons
where to start.

it feels like this event was planned for making money rather than gamer enjoyment or interest. as a result its lacking imagination or creativity.
BREAKING NEWS: "For-profit company creates game that aims to entice people to spend money!"
...in other news, 'water is wet'

Hmmmm... shouldn't them being "repetitive" thus mean that event quest lines should therefore become rather predictable and thus, easy to pre-plan for, meaning the sequential quests are readily completed within 24-48hrs?

Maybe I'm being too logical and thinking critically too much?

a good amount of time is spent waiting.. and waiting and waiting... and Ive switched off and gone to another game while I wait for yet another pile of shamrocks to appear.. its very much all or nothing.. either there is loads happening or your waiting for literally days as nothing really happens aside from counters increasing. Dull.
If you need to "wait for literally days" for shamrocks to accumulate, then you're doing something wrong... towns are very doable to complete within 36-48hrs, and I've seen people churn & burn towns within 24hrs for those who really what to push/challenge themselves.

Pots of gold. well they are quite sparse considering how many you need to get a druids temple LvL 10. and again the quests are long and tedious.. "complete 8 x 24 productions" really.. ok well ill kick that off and wait an entire day just to collect 100 pots of gold. I mean come on?!
There are plenty of gold pots to achieve either path to a Lv10 Druid's Temple.

As for the tasks...
a) There are almost always alternative options to the long-winded quests. Only one this time that IIRC didn't have an alt was a "complete X 8hr productions" quest, which honestly, isn't that harsh.
b) Since we've already argued that the quests are repetitive anyways, why is it so surprising that there's 24hr production tasks in the first place?!
c) FoE Wiki exists, and the quest lines are published there typically 2-3 weeks minimum before events even hit Live serveres... 10min of google-fu and maybe 30min or so of re-arranging a city with a few extra blacksmiths and events are joke. :P

The amount of gold required to open the crates between the towns is IMO too large. its means players either miss out on druid temple upgrades or have to spend money (which incidentally feels like your only motive for this event, that's never good as it alienates players.) first time through the first town anyone who didn't know they need to save 1900 pots of gold is royally screwed.
Again, colour me shocked that a private, for-profit company is trying to find ways to part people from their money. :rolleyes:

And facts don't support your argument anyways. There are two main methods to play the event to achieve a lv10 Temple. Both are proven to work, and diamonds are most certainly NOT! required for either route.
if you're finishing a town with only a handful of pots left, (ie: 1k or less), then maybe don't click to continue on until after you finish a few more quests?

BTW, just the sequential quest line + 750 milestone reward is over 3200 pots alone. This only an issue if you're finishing up more than 2 towns within the first week.

it honestly feels like you had a few ideas, none of them really worked or were ve4ry creative, so you threw them all together in the hope it might work or be interested.. but no. its like a mini games designed by a committee of accountants. long, slow, boring accounting for shamrocks and pots of gold.. and productions and more productions..zzzz

for example there are no quests which require guild interaction. this game is all about guilds and you have ignored its strength.
Well, some of us really enjoy this event and find it much more engaging vs. say, the likes of the Forge Bowl or Spring event where you sit about and wait for 1 or 2 daily specials, and basically spend 21-23 days mostly ignoring the event even exists.:P

The mini game is about efficiency and how well you can micro-manage all 7 factories + upgrades, while constantly increasing overall production.

As for the quest line and the amount of 'complete X productions' quests?
Well, sad to say, but they used to have tons more variety in the quest line, including more visiting, tavern related quests, 'win X battles'/'win X battles without losing', GE play - sometimes requiring only fighting or only negotiating (including 'negotiate X encounters in a row without losing'), etc...
But guess what? people whined and moaned that it was too difficult, it was unfair towards 'non fighters' or 'non traders', and other BS. So now we're left with basically 'do productions' and 'gather goods/donate goods' and only the very occasional tavern/polivating/battle/etc... type quests.

maybe people should be more careful what they wish for?;)

Disappointing let down, lacks creativity, feels like your milking players for cash. I don't mind spending a bit occasionally, and if I thought there was any value for money in your deals might even buy one. but really its like a bad day at Lehman Brothers...
And for myself, I find this event, just like the Archy + Halloween events, are far more interactive and strategically engaging than the more traditional "pick from 3 options" dullness.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
cons
where to start.
Every single event is planned for making money in it's own way.
Well, same as previous statement, you cannot have an unique questline, as you don't have anything as a base for an unique quest.
Mechanism of this event is exactly like that of other idle miner games, some people might like it but some, on the other hand, might dislike it. Understand thay you dislike it.
That's why you need to have a specific strategy. Just don't always go for opening all chests at the end of one city.
Overall
You don't need to spend money to have one full lvl 10 Druid Temple :)

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

People, this is a feedback thread. Feedback is how the person giving the feedback sees it. It is not a reason to start a discussion. You do not have to tell them why you think they are wrong. You do not have to convince them otherwise. All feedback is forwarded to the devs, that means also feedback you do not agree with. So please, do not start looking for a discussion and just accept the feedback for what it is. Just feedback.

suethegreat

Captain
feedback on questline....Don't consider Guild type quests as a lot of players don't do Guilds or are in a Guild of 1. The rush was doable in little over 10 hours by pre-planning and some of the 'fun' of the event is using strategy and only a pain if you collect the wrong production :) Agreed the daily hint messages are late for those already on second town but not everyone thinks to check online resources in advance. Complaints may come later from those who open too many boxes initially and run out of gold given generally in events we are programmed to open all the stuff on offer for rewards and not do the maths.... maybe a warning stating something re the second box set or not offer more than one after first town.

Im having bad look with pot incidents around my city I only got 30 gold pot s extremely rare and thats not fair .the other event s had better incidents going this 1 is poor

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
One of the worst events from last year is back around I see, and what's still amazing, is how hard its going to be to get copies of anything from an event with no dailies, unless there are multiple accessible tasks that drop a Celtic set, we not getting a second one of those basically ever? The chest rewards usually only have one maybe 2 good items, and you want people to pay 3,900 pots of gold per chest set, or 3,500 diamonds. Even more hilarious is the "buy bonus pots" promotion, which in events usually offers a nice amount of currency to get a few dailies, yet in this the only one in the entire list to give more then 3,900 pots, is the 200 USD option (Nearly 400 Aus).

The amount of pots we get should be doubled from all sources if you want to have these obscene prices, and also make them the same currency used for manager to make the terrible utterly terrible minigame that's just a bad idle game slightly bearable. (seriously, go play a real idle game that has progression) And you even know how much people hate this event by spamming us so often with "how to play" tips. Like it takes a degree to play this insanely simple idle game.

You can do about 4 sets of chests from 4 cities, and since the Celtic set/piazza set is only a chance to show up and for the Celtic set especially you'd need 10 rows of six chests, I guess we supposed to collect them over 3-5 years? The best part about the last event was getting a few more Treasuries, which were better then the new building. Is the AD really just going to be the way we get things from this event? And since that pool is so diluted now... yeah diluting it more is a great idea.

Why was this event not scrapped?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
And before people reply to me about the first set being 1,900, tell me, after the free gold pots are spent, how do you do cities? Manually from start to finish clicking on every task? If people buy pots, that means they are spending thousands of pots on managers to do more cities. Which is incredibly time consuming, cause you still need to wait many many hours even with all the managers maxed. (which would be a terrible way to spend pots/diamonds)

For both spenders and free players, this event is bad. But at least the main prize is the first good main prize in months.

OrionMnt

Corporal
With the guide, this event is so chill, easiest max event building for 0 diamonds. You have to invest more time than usual, but for that reward, yes please :)
Thanks to the person/people done all the calculations for the guide (and last year*)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The event is really rather simple, just a lot of time wasting. Do 3 cities, get 3 full sets of chests (32-35 quests each), of which city 3 should be completed on Quest 45 (since you cannot have enough pots to complete the 3rd city otherwise) and then do 4-5 cities doing as many quests as possible to get the 8.4Q shamrocks. End result will be one full Druid Temple with no spare kits or upgrades. No real money required - and no need to whine or complain about the diamond cost, as this particular event is all about allocating time properly.
I would agree it is the worst event of the year, but not so horrible it cannot be done if a person just takes the time to do it. About 1 hour at the start of each city is the majority of player time, and then the balance is waiting for shamrock collection, and allocating factory upgrades and managers (which should never be levelled above level 3, or as a quest asks - if the Hat quest only requires a level 2 manager, than that is all it should have, level 3 is not necessary and level 4 never)

OrionMnt

Corporal
I didn't even read about 6 chests = druid kit, actually it is almost good as min-maxing towns with the guide.
That's good design, you can take the easier/lazier/less time consuming way and still get the full event reward, amazing!

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I didn't even read about 6 chests = druid kit, actually it is almost good as min-maxing towns with the guide.
That's good design, you can take the easier/lazier/less time consuming way and still get the full event reward, amazing!
Be careful tho, it's very expensive.

Today's daily quest is "Defeat this medium-sized army" Or "Solve this complex negotiation", but only 3 turns are given for the complex negotiation. Is this intended or a mistake? As normally, 4 turns are given in event quest for complex negotiation.

I quite like the event, actually. I'm fairly new to the game (Winter Bakery was my first event, and I blew it because I didn't know how to do it properly), and St Paddy's is much more engaging and fun compared to Super Bowl. If you skip some expensive tasks, such as levelling some managers to 3 and 4, you can pretty much do one town a day for about 600 POG each - this will give me enough time to fully upgrade my Druid Temple (which looks pretty and gives decent goodies) without spending any diamonds.

Got heaps of Forge Points out of this one too, which allowed me to breeze through Colonial Age in just a couple of weeks.

Good stuff overall! Keep up the great work, guys!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I've had thousands of PoGs from Incidents and built DT day or so ago, only to Store it after one collection.
Not worth the space for such paltry rewards as it doesn't produce enough Gold for a single RQ, zero Happy and not much of anything else.
The rewards from the QLine and Chests are the only things of any worth to me and they have been good, for me at least, perhaps not so for many.
All-round, a rather poor show from the Devs.
Adding the 'mini rewards' to each completed task is definitely a massive improvement...

Honestly, I feel that what's holding the DT back is the stupid 5% supplies gak. If it were even say, 5% chance for 2-3 random units it would drastically improve it... (though I wouldn't say no to 5% for 25 dias either!;))
The fps or goods are decent production, but myself, I'm holding off the idea of building it simply because I don't need supplies. camping in HMA and I'm sitting on 15mil supplies as is, and I can't dump them fast enough. Don't need anything that produces more. :P

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Adding the 'mini rewards' to each completed task is definitely a massive improvement...

Honestly, I feel that what's holding the DT back is the stupid 5% supplies gak. If it were even say, 5% chance for 2-3 random units it would drastically improve it... (though I wouldn't say no to 5% for 25 dias either!;))
The fps or goods are decent production, but myself, I'm holding off the idea of building it simply because I don't need supplies. camping in HMA and I'm sitting on 15mil supplies as is, and I can't dump them fast enough. Don't need anything that produces more. :P
Yep, in low ages it's better to keep it in inventory, but as soon as you are able to hold onto more space, it's one of those go-to buildings. For me in PE, it's definitely worth it :D