• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spring Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and making comments on your progress for instance.

MooingCat

Private
On the beta server it was impossible to get the main event building fully leveled without diamonds if you didn't have the event surprise box, any feedback on if that has been addressed for the live server event?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Are you sure it was impossible? Just asking, because so many people were complaining that the Druid Temple could not be fully levelled either - and yet, it was easily levelled and many people had an extra kit or upgrade left in their inventory after it was upgraded.

MooingCat

Private
Are you sure it was impossible? Just asking, because so many people were complaining that the Druid Temple could not be fully levelled either - and yet, it was easily levelled and many people had an extra kit or upgrade left in their inventory after it was upgraded.

The average cost per jump for gold and silver is 37.46 lanterns per jump. To jump 9 ponds you need 25*9=225 jumps, which means it would cost ~8429 lanterns on average to get the 9th pond, assuming you have 100% efficiency (i.e. don't waste jumps at the end of each pond).

I logged on multiple times per day and ended up collecting 802 lanterns from incidents, so I had 8782 lanterns. That means I could have gotten a full event building if I went for gold and silver animals only, but only because I had the event surprise box.

If you don't have the event surprise box you need to pick up one additional upgrade kit. On beta the cutoff for silver was 260 jumps, or +35 jumps, or you could get it from the next grand prize if you're on a particularly heavy diamond spending world, for +50 jumps.

260 jumps * 37.46 = 9740 lanterns, or 1760 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 37.46 = 10302 lanterns, or 2322 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

This is impossible to get with incidents, so if you don't have the event surprise box the only way to get a full main building is to buy diamonds. If you manage to land in silver you could get it for free, but picking up 800 lanterns from incidents as I did, I could have done around 235 jumps. That's 25 fewer than the cutoff on the beta server, I doubt that's a realistic goal.

The absolute best case scenario is 36.8 lanterns per jump (7x swan + 1x stag per pond), so even at this the cost would be

260 jumps * 36.8 = 9568 lanterns, or 1588 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds
275 jumps * 36.8 = 10120 lanterns, or 2230 additional lanterns from incidents + diamonds

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Looks like it's going to come down entirely to who can squeeze into the Silver + Gold leagues.
On the bright side, at least the Mill-thingy is hot garbage, so I'm not going to care if I miss out an upgrade or not, since a supply% boost is beyond a useless 'upgrade'. :P

How did the daily prize odds work out on Beta?
I've got enough kits to build a 2nd Fire Pagoda if I choose to, so thinking maybe this year of throwing everything at Cherry Garden kits?

r21r

Major-General
any official/-un-official idea if the Spring Kits (for the cherry garden set) will appear 2 times or just once ?

Forwandert

Major-General
Didn't even look at the stats of the main prize till now but I really wouldnt be spending any diamonds or worrying about gaining it without spend unless you're trying to build all the spring sets as a collection. Seems focused on early era players as a prize.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Could it be different depending on whether you've already got a base level Mill in your inventory?

Open box first = level 1 Mill
Get level 1 Mill from questline then open box = selection/upgrade kit?
You get the Suishun Mill selection kit regardless of having the L1 Mill in the inventory or not.

Could it be different depending on whether you've already got a base level Mill in your inventory?

Open box first = level 1 Mill
Get level 1 Mill from questline then open box = selection/upgrade kit?
That would be the same false information that spread with the previous event box.
They may have changed it, of course, but that would be a little strange.

2 worlds and approximately 6k event currency spent in total. 2 daily specials won.

Considering the amount of production quests, this is an absolute waste of time and energy and really not a fun event.

Time to try my third world now and see that happens there.

Edit: Another 2500 currency spent, one more daily. So on average you need to spend around 3k to get one daily special. Percentages need adjusting obviously.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
I went for WW on several servers today but was averaging slightly better than that it was 818 lanterns per daily when I totalled up. Only because I got more decent results on 1 server, some just 1/2 WWs.

As the days gone on though and I plowed through as many quests as possible it was heading closer to the same result as you.

Having supply buildings and running productions is not normal game play!! The only reason I even have any of those buildings is for events

I'm same, supply buildings have no use for me, I'm good for supplies for SAv and anything else they throw at us for the next few years. Still kept a section of my city for sleighs which works out ok apart from I have no use for all these supply rush things that keep getting thrown at us as a reward. They're useful if you're impatient on 15min productions or the coin rush for 1hr but everything else it's a long wait. Only way to complete the same era production quests though without taking up space.

Last edited:
2 worlds and approximately 6k event currency spent in total. 2 daily specials won.

Considering the amount of production quests, this is an absolute waste of time and energy and really not a fun event.

Time to try my third world now and see that happens there.

Edit: Another 2500 currency spent, one more daily. So on average you need to spend around 3k to get one daily special. Percentages need adjusting obviously.

I’ve always assumed that there’s an equation (either actual or theoretical) that they are using to choose the percentages of the daily specials, with the goal being to maintain the value of the prizes and with an overall goal of a stable economy within the game. I guess this also factors in the profit goals from diamond purchases, but I agree that the current level seems too difficult. I thought this when I spent diamonds to win an Abandoned Asylum in the Halloween event also. This time my non-diamond game has only won 2 daily specials, but my diamond game has done better than my lowered expectations. The prizes I’m hoping for do come up at the dealers quite regularly so this event is just a top-up really.