• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2021 Feedback

r21r

Major-General
why not ninja avatar from the older spring events ?
(or just something like it ??)

please add something like that on the next Spring :D

for some reason i find the older released event avatars better than those that came up the days im playing...
is it just me ? or something changed ??

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Nothing really to complain about this one, miles better then the previous event with both dailies so you can actually get rewards for doing it, takes a lot less time then the terrible past event, and gives a nice reward.

Though, it is basically the bridge, but smaller foot print (awesome) and one more FP. However, my dilemma is I really like the look of last years Bridge, even if its worse haha. Spring event buildings always looks so nice.

This one I am betting also has the usual animations? Man I'd love just an entire city of these, though would need a lot of the spring set for atk boost :)

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
It's just one event after another these days isn't it? Ever heard of overkill?
You mean like putting Battlegrounds one after another with barely a 72 hour breather in between. Events are definitely no over-kill when compared to GbG. If anything, since Events create new Buildings (and like every single game, the majority of players are always craving something new - even when they purposely complete all new release as quick as possible and start complaining again for new things to do). New material release is always better to have then the endless repeating cycle of the same ole (i,e, battlgrounds) all the time.

Moobarak

Private
You mean like putting Battlegrounds one after another with barely a 72 hour breather in between. Events are definitely no over-kill when compared to GbG. If anything, since Events create new Buildings (and like every single game, the majority of players are always craving something new - even when they purposely complete all new release as quick as possible and start complaining again for new things to do). New material release is always better to have then the endless repeating cycle of the same ole (i,e, battlgrounds) all the time.

And those events aren't an endless repeating cycle of the same ole? It's the same bunch of boring mindnumbing quests time and time again, gain 30K happiness, do 16x4 hour productions, etc...etc... it wouldn't be so bad if we had these events like once a season like we used to a couple of years ago, maybe you remember those days, when the rewards were actually worth the hassle.

And those events aren't an endless repeating cycle of the same ole? It's the same bunch of boring mindnumbing quests time and time again, gain 30K happiness, do 16x4 hour productions, etc...etc... it wouldn't be so bad if we had these events like once a season like we used to a couple of years ago, maybe you remember those days, when the rewards were actually worth the hassle.
4 events a year was great, it gave you something to look forward to. Now there's barely time to breathe between one ending and the next starting

Moobarak

Private
4 events a year was great, it gave you something to look forward to. Now there's barely time to breathe between one ending and the next starting
Not to mention that the rewards were considerably better, you could win premium cultural en production buildings, military buildings you didn't even unlock on the techtree, en even diamonds. Now they swamp you with crap like a fragment of a wishingwell or a boostcrate and whatnot. All stuff that goes directly into the antiques dealer. The mainrewards are usually pretty decent, but in my situation pretty much useless too since i barely have room left to build and almost unlocked every possible city expansion as well.

I agree that the frequency of the events means they lose some of the excitement, but I’ve just changed my approach. I have enough population so only build when I like the current building (basically if it has attacking army boosts), and treat the events as prize farms. This time I’m after Spring Selection Kits so have been busy today but I’ll only be active in the event for 4 or 5 days, depending on whether Rogue Hideouts appear as they did in the Beta event. I always do the quests but sometimes I end up just going for sentinel outposts like last time!

Gofad

Private
Hi guys. Thanks for the great work you do bringing us all the different events. However, the rewards for the current Spring Event are so atrociously bad that I will take no further part in them. I thought my guild mates were being a bit harsh earlier, but they are right. This event is the worse you have brought us so far.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Hi guys. Thanks for the great work you do bringing us all the different events. However, the rewards for the current Spring Event are so atrociously bad that I will take no further part in them. I thought my guild mates were being a bit harsh earlier, but they are right. This event is the worse you have brought us so far.
For me, the event is just a bit of fun. There are some decent rewards to be had and you can play the event as hard as you want to get what you want.
The Event Building may not be the best but it doesn't have to be designed with only high level players in mind, I'm sure some of the newer players will be glad of it, like I was when I joined Forge this time last year and had a Hanami Bridge in my fledgling city.
IMO, some players are expecting too much from Event buildings, they want bigger and better powers every time and shout when it's not as powerful as the last one. Inno need to rein it in sometimes, for balance if nothing else.

I do agree that there are too many events now. There should be one every quarter, possibly with more to do actually in the Event, with maybe an extra Event at special times connected to the game, like Forge's anniversary etc.

suethegreat

Captain
A big THANK YOU to Inno support team. Be aware the Mill can be in 3 places in your inventory and i had a doh moment using the base from a selection kit then upgrades before spotting the green mill base in inventory unboxed......... Thankfully they switched the base for an upgrade :) will pay more attention next time as this is a bit new to the magic boxes we are now getting splitting rewards.

This Sunday I've spent 9000 currency in 3 worlds. Won 3 daily specials.

I thought it's just a bad luck, it can happen, then today in my main world I spent over 2k and got one daily so I think I won't bother with this event any more. This is a waste of energy and it's really not fun considering how many production quests are there, way too much trouble for nothing...

Event building is useful for players who are still developing their cities, but for late game players who have their cities filled to the edges it means nothing so daily specials(sentinel towers) were the only thing that was useful for me along with WWs in other worlds. If I knew the result will be like this I would not even have bothered to solve this endless "Finish x production" quests as I put quite some effort into it but no reward.

The best possible way to handle this is the way Forge Bowl event does, you can decide if you're in for more daily specials, more advancements per play, etc and activate a corresponding coach boost (or whatever it would be in this case). As having to spend 2 to 3k per one daily special is a game killer

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Seems like Devs knew the main event prize is not on everyones wishlist, a little tweak and they can effect the amount of daily specials you can receive and try get more diamond purchases out of the players..Im waiting for sentinal upgrades, will see how that goes when they show up.. and yes a complete revamp on these quests are needed, maybe for once a skill based questline rather than the same grind every other month

suethegreat

Captain
yes but for newer players the events have to be achievable otherwise a danger of getting stuck on the questline. It must be tough for established players facing the 'same old' maybe a side event for higher level players.....Inno created Aztecs for higher age only...There is still skill in maximising productions and completing quests with minimum outlay. Daily specials are indeed random as i maxed a Hanami in one city, lvl 5 in another an 2 in my highest age city.

yes but for newer players the events have to be achievable otherwise a danger of getting stuck on the questline. It must be tough for established players facing the 'same old' maybe a side event for higher level players
There is already a difference in the difficulty level for new and old players.
Finish a 4-hour production 4 times for low era players and 24 times for high era players, for instance.
The problem is not the difference in difficulty level, but the boring repetitiveness of the quests.

Going a little off topic from the event feedback, boring repetition is a general problem for the whole game.
Repetition creates addiction, of course, but only if the rewards for repeating the same tasks are satisfying. If Inno want to keep us addicted to the game, they need to increase the positive reinforcement and make sure we are rewarded in a satisfying way for repeating boring tasks. If they don't, we'll find somewhere else, where we can get better dopamine kicks.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
For me, the event is just a bit of fun. There are some decent rewards to be had and you can play the event as hard as you want to get what you want.
The Event Building may not be the best but it doesn't have to be designed with only high level players in mind, I'm sure some of the newer players will be glad of it, like I was when I joined Forge this time last year and had a Hanami Bridge in my fledgling city.
IMO, some players are expecting too much from Event buildings, they want bigger and better powers every time and shout when it's not as powerful as the last one. Inno need to rein it in sometimes, for balance if nothing else.

I do agree that there are too many events now. There should be one every quarter, possibly with more to do actually in the Event, with maybe an extra Event at special times connected to the game, like Forge's anniversary etc.

Ok, tbh It is getting tiring hearing that same thing said over the past year. "Think of new players!" ect. We've had so many bad main buildings now that are worse then what we got the year before and every time someone always says "But its for new players". Like new players somehow don't want the better buildings we got the year prior (also, lol new players? Sin started so slow I doubt we get another new server, the games not popular anymore). This main building, is not good, but at least for a change it is better then the year prior. Its almost like the only events to really look forward to over the entire year now are Halloween, Christmas, Summer and Forge Bowl. So many bad events sprinkled around them.

At least this events mostly the same, I see the mouse used to give 10% chance at a daily, not 5%, rest appears to be the same. Even if the best way to jump is all silver, one gold. Seems like you need to jump across nine ponds to make one maxed (not including league rewards), I just remember when we had like the Pagoda's, we could get like 2 maxed.

Never really sure why they've made it so hard these days to max out even one of these main buildings these days, you'd think you'd always end up with spares even when playing free