• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2021 Feedback

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I agree that the frequency of the events means they lose some of the excitement, but I’ve just changed my approach. I have enough population so only build when I like the current building (basically if it has attacking army boosts), and treat the events as prize farms. This time I’m after Spring Selection Kits so have been busy today but I’ll only be active in the event for 4 or 5 days, depending on whether Rogue Hideouts appear as they did in the Beta event. I always do the quests but sometimes I end up just going for sentinel outposts like last time!
Sentinel Outposts are certainly great to get but you burn your saved lanterns for hopefully some and then Innu comes back with the upgrade just a couple of days later. Sure screws one up!!! No lanterns left to use.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Event overall is a giant fail...

First time in 3+ years that I can recall where we were not given anywhere close to enough event currencies to complete a single fully upgraded grand prize.
Though thankfully, the Sui Mill is complete & utter garbage given that it provides the 2nd most useless boost in the entire game, so at least I'm not missing out on anything! :P

The choices of which animals were 'best' to jump for was also beyond brainlessly easy, since it was entirely silver <- gold <- bronze <- paper. No thinking required, especially since there was 0 chance of getting say, 2 different silver/gold animals at the same time, which would have at least required a couple seconds of checking out which was the superior choice for maximising distances jumped.

Overall, while it's by far the prettiest looking event of the year, it's now IMHO the most brainless, easy, boring event of the year too. :P
Only this time around the devs sucked at doing basic math, and cheated us out of a full grand prize by about 1500-2000 currencies!

Only this time around the devs sucked at doing basic math, and cheated us out of a full grand prize by about 1500-2000 currencies!
They did excellent math. if they made players purchase diamonds to get the grand prize. That's the intention, of course.
The prize was easy to get though with the extra upgrade from the surprise box from the previous event.

Last edited:
First time in 3+ years that I can recall where we were not given anywhere close to enough event currencies to complete a single fully upgraded grand prize.
No problems here, built it on one of my smaller worlds. Didn't really pay much attention to the event quests and sailed through.

Only disappointment (apart from the actual building) was what seemed to be a complete lack of daily special wins across all of my cities.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I'm so sick and tired of finishing an event and not having enough selection kits to finish the special buildings. Used to be you finish the event you get the prize. I'm not going to use a ton of diamonds and i'm not going to be online 24/7 scanning my city for incidents. Get your act together Inno and quit being so greedy.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm so sick and tired of finishing an event and not having enough selection kits to finish the special buildings. Used to be you finish the event you get the prize. I'm not going to use a ton of diamonds and i'm not going to be online 24/7 scanning my city for incidents. Get your act together Inno and quit being so greedy.

Yeah, I just made it on the last day, and I only did silver - gold jumps.

Anything less efficient and it means you don't and can't make it unless you get lucky with the tree's.

Was a badly designed event, one less upgrade needed would have been great.

Especially as silver league, was only available after you already had enough upgrade kits to do a level, so if you made silver, you ended up with an extra kit with nothing to use it on.

I miss when you could get nearly a 2nd one maxed out for participation. Gone from that to basically nearly not even maxing one.

DESYPETE

Second Lieutenant
Ok, tbh It is getting tiring hearing that same thing said over the past year. "Think of new players!" ect. We've had so many bad main buildings now that are worse then what we got the year before and every time someone always says "But its for new players". Like new players somehow don't want the better buildings we got the year prior (also, lol new players? Sin started so slow I doubt we get another new server, the games not popular anymore). This main building, is not good, but at least for a change it is better then the year prior. Its almost like the only events to really look forward to over the entire year now are Halloween, Christmas, Summer and Forge Bowl. So many bad events sprinkled around them.

At least this events mostly the same, I see the mouse used to give 10% chance at a daily, not 5%, rest appears to be the same. Even if the best way to jump is all silver, one gold. Seems like you need to jump across nine ponds to make one maxed (not including league rewards), I just remember when we had like the Pagoda's, we could get like 2 maxed.

Never really sure why they've made it so hard these days to max out even one of these main buildings these days, you'd think you'd always end up with spares even when playing free
the problem is players are so spoiled by these events, can anyone remember the early days of events where the best building you got was a confectionary ? with a huge boost to happiness levels, now you guys are not happy with any kind of building unless it gives countless att boost or diamonds or whatever else

Powe

Brigadier-General
Ok, tbh It is getting tiring hearing that same thing said over the past year. "Think of new players!" ect. We've had so many bad main buildings now that are worse then what we got the year before and every time someone always says "But its for new players". Like new players somehow don't want the better buildings we got the year prior (also, lol new players? Sin started so slow I doubt we get another new server, the games not popular anymore). This main building, is not good, but at least for a change it is better then the year prior. Its almost like the only events to really look forward to over the entire year now are Halloween, Christmas, Summer and Forge Bowl. So many bad events sprinkled around them.

At least this events mostly the same, I see the mouse used to give 10% chance at a daily, not 5%, rest appears to be the same. Even if the best way to jump is all silver, one gold. Seems like you need to jump across nine ponds to make one maxed (not including league rewards), I just remember when we had like the Pagoda's, we could get like 2 maxed.

Never really sure why they've made it so hard these days to max out even one of these main buildings these days, you'd think you'd always end up with spares even when playing free
At least it's better then 2012-2018 prizes, though that's not saying much.

Can't complain much about this one (being a new-ish player in the Modern Era currently), although if it wasn't for the previous event's boost package that got me an extra Selection Kit, I wouldn't be able to fully upgrade the Mill with just the quest rewards and frog jumps (even though I mostly did silver and gold jumps and ended up in the Silver league). I like the building as well, gives decent rewards for the amount of space it occupies.

Side note: at the Antiques Dealer's, I can't trade off an extra Selection Kit that I got as a result of ending up in the Silver league. It's "locked" for some odd reason. Had I known that it would be the case, I'd have used it for the final upgrade instead, and traded off the one that I got from the boost package. Probably my only negative feedback on this one.

Forwandert

Major-General
I think the St patricks day has knocked quite a few players out. It wasnt really something you could/would want to do on several servers so players would have missed that upgrade from the box. I got a full spring set for it on my main just not on any others.

Side note: at the Antiques Dealer's, I can't trade off an extra Selection Kit that I got as a result of ending up in the Silver league. It's "locked" for some odd reason. Had I known that it would be the case, I'd have used it for the final upgrade instead, and traded off the one that I got from the boost package. Probably my only negative feedback on this one.
You just have to unlock it

Seen this question several times now. In forum, in global chats and in guilds. Surprised how many players don't read update announcements.

- For quite some time you have been asking us to provide a feature that prevents you from mistakenly selling items from your inventory, and now the wait is over. Some items will be automatically closed as soon as you receive them: All main cultural settlement buildings and their respective fragments, upgrade and selection kits, as well as the main event buildings from 2019 onwards! Nevertheless,
Update 1.201 | Forge of Empires Forum

Last edited:

Seen this question several times now. In forum, in global chatsand in guilds. Surprised how many players don't read update announcements.

- For quite some time you have been asking us to provide a feature that prevents you from mistakenly selling items from your inventory, and now the wait is over. Some items will be automatically closed as soon as you receive them: All main cultural settlement buildings and their respective fragments, upgrade and selection kits, as well as the main event buildings from 2019 onwards! Nevertheless,
Update 1.201 | Forge of Empires Forum

Very often this is followed be another surprising question:
How do I unlock it? The lock is greyed out.

So here's the answer to that.
You have to tick the "Lock Items" box in the top right corner of the Inventory, before you can lock and unlock items.
lockitem.JPG

Seen this question several times now. In forum, in global chats and in guilds. Surprised how many players don't read update announcements.

1. I did read the update announcement, but it simply didn't occur to me that THAT is what it was about.
2. Having an extensive background in IT (some of that in UX design), I would never in a million years figure out that THAT is what these lock icons are supposed to do. And, as you say so yourself, I'm clearly not alone in this. If I can't figure out what to do by just looking at the UI, it's not a very good UI.
3. New players, who join AFTER the update and the release note, would not be able to source this information from there, and probably would be just as baffled.

Having said that, I greatly appreciate the tip :) Many thanks.