• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Was all I wanted from the event on that world, probably too much to ask that they'll come around again

Yeah I am trying to make some diamond farm worlds up, but when I spent 10k lanterns to see 6 daily special drops I gave up on the event drops ;)

I see its medals today, which is weird, cause one of the hops already drops medals. Just waiting on the Sentinel towers now to spend my rest

DeletedUser117815

I'm in Bronze age, why are so many of these quests based on EMA players and above, Quest 52 for instance is not completable by a Bronze age player. If like myself they have been doing the storyline as far as I have, this sees you advanced on the Campaign map so battles cannot be won. Then this quest basically now forces me to move up an era before I can complete, so, am giving up, deleting the city and never spending another penny buying Diamonds, INNO have to learn, they will start losing revenue if they do not play fair and make these Events capable of being won by all players, across all eras.

Emberguard

Legend
Quest 52 is able to be completed by Bronze Age players fairly easily. Just how far ahead did you go on the continent map?

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I’ve been waiting for you o sentinel one :) 6590 lanterns to go
60462E68-8051-45AB-B54C-20CC636A45EE.png

Agent327

Overlord
I'm in Bronze age, why are so many of these quests based on EMA players and above, Quest 52 for instance is not completable by a Bronze age player. If like myself they have been doing the storyline as far as I have, this sees you advanced on the Campaign map so battles cannot be won. Then this quest basically now forces me to move up an era before I can complete, so, am giving up, deleting the city and never spending another penny buying Diamonds, INNO have to learn, they will start losing revenue if they do not play fair and make these Events capable of being won by all players, across all eras.

Inno has to learn?????

You have been playing for close to a year and are in Bronze. Now who has to learn?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Inno has to learn?????

You have been playing for close to a year and are in Bronze. Now who has to learn?
The only thing I ever hear every single time some whiny noob claims Inno sucks and it's all their fault;

"Dear Games Developer:
Paper is broken - please nerf, Scissors are fine.

- sincerely, Rock"

DeletedUser117815

The only thing I ever hear every single time some whiny noob claims Inno sucks and it's all their fault;

"Dear Games Developer:

- sincerely, Rock"
Only complaining that they insert a quest which is not capable of being completed by all players, inserting a EMA quest precludes players from Bronze Age and Iron Age. I am sure everyone would have complained had it been one from Space Age Mars. My decision to stay in Bronze age is my choice and I nor anyone else should be excluded from a chance of completing an event. If the alternative was produce 24 hr supplies in production Buildings I would have not had a problem as it would have been an acceptable alternative.

DeletedUser117815

Inno has to learn?????

my choice not to move eras, doesn't mean I or anyone else should be excluded from being able to complete an event. I only ask that INNO make it a level playing field, what if they start bringing in Space Age Mars quests ? Would that be acceptable ? No of course not.

DeletedUser117815

"Dear Games Developer:

- sincerely, Rock"
i have not had a problem like this with any other event in last year, all of which I have been able to complete, most of these items are picked up by the Beta testing, this is one that has slipped through. INNO has produced a brilliant game but rely not on their own in house developers but on players in the Events and new feature testing, in this case most Beta players are in the higher Eras and as such would not have picked up on this. I am just asking that a little more care is taken for future events. The several INNO replies to me personally have given me their take on this and it is too late for this event anyway to make any changes.

DeletedUser117815

You aint the first to moan these words. The Eggheads care not of you and your silly opinion. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out.
At the end of the day INNO is a business and the income they receive is their main reason for being. Whilst losing a single player may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, if suddenly every player under EMA left, they would really sit up and notice and as the majority of players on every world are in this category and it is the newish players of the low eras who are more likely to purchase Diamonds. Then perhaps they should look after the low era players a little bit better rather than ignoring their views.

Emberguard

Legend
High Middle Ages, which is where the storyline stopped
Then there's the source of your problem. You're doing HMA while in BrA. While I sympathise with your predicament you are choosing to remove components from your gameplay. That's going to effect your ability to finish tasks.

what if they start bringing in Space Age Mars quests ? Would that be acceptable ? No of course not.
If they brought in Space Age quests they'd also have alternatives that any age would be reasonably expected to be able to complete.

Agent327

Overlord
my choice not to move eras, doesn't mean I or anyone else should be excluded from being able to complete an event. I only ask that INNO make it a level playing field, what if they start bringing in Space Age Mars quests ? Would that be acceptable ? No of course not.

You are not being excluded. You exclude yourself by staying in Bronze. It's your choice. You have the right to do so, but don't blame others for it.

At the end of the day INNO is a business and the income they receive is their main reason for being. Whilst losing a single player may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, if suddenly every player under EMA left, they would really sit up and notice and as the majority of players on every world are in this category and it is the newish players of the low eras who are more likely to purchase Diamonds. Then perhaps they should look after the low era players a little bit better rather than ignoring their views.

No they wouldn't. They have designed a game to go through the ages, not stay in the ages. They are used to losing players in the early ages, cause that is when people decide if they like the game or not, so your assumption is rather flawed. Low age players are learning and do not spend much. Players that really like this game and as a result of thtatdo, cause they want to compete with the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Spring Event starts soon! Read all about it here and be sure to leave your feedback below!

Hello there,

Events are a great way for players to boost their cities in the direction they want to with provided rewards during one. However something that is very obvious and hasn't been fixed is the prizes players get. We asked our guild specifically to post, during the spring event 2020, how many lanterns they spent and what they got in return during one specific daily prize. The response, as usual, was a very wide range. Some spent as low as 4k lanterns to get 6-7 daily prizes and we have had others whom not only spent 7k+ lanterns they also spent 11k diamonds on top to go get no more than 10 daily prizes. This is an issue that really needs to be brought up because the answer of " the prizes are random" is not a good enough nor a satisfying one.

Let's see if we can bring this up to the developers and see what they say.
This is my first thread ever so am curious to see if or how this works.

Cheers and keep safe

Agent327

Overlord
Hello there,

Events are a great way for players to boost their cities in the direction they want to with provided rewards during one. However something that is very obvious and hasn't been fixed is the prizes players get. We asked our guild specifically to post, during the spring event 2020, how many lanterns they spent and what they got in return during one specific daily prize. The response, as usual, was a very wide range. Some spent as low as 4k lanterns to get 6-7 daily prizes and we have had others whom not only spent 7k+ lanterns they also spent 11k diamonds on top to go get no more than 10 daily prizes. This is an issue that really needs to be brought up because the answer of " the prizes are random" is not a good enough nor a satisfying one.

Let's see if we can bring this up to the developers and see what they say.
This is my first thread ever so am curious to see if or how this works.

Cheers and keep safe

This is how it works. Feedback gets sorted and forwarded to the devs. That means that a comment like you have made now gets forwarded to the devs every event there is a random chance you can win a DS. So over multiple years they have been told that there are players that complain about the random rewards, yet they continue to set up events with random rewards. Most likely reason is that players spend diamonds on it, like you just confirmed. Now if you had to take an educated guess, what do you think they would say?

T14all

Private
This isn't a complaint, I can see that rewards are random and i'm guessing ill benefit from it at some point, however, just so the game devs are aware of how poor randomisation can affect spenders - I was going to buy some diamonds to help progress to an extra pond to guarantee me being in gold/silver league for the level 8 bridge upgrade I need. I was going to spend £50, but after I spent 5000 lanterns and got 1 pagoda upgrade, when some people in my guild spent 2000 lanterns and got 8, one person spent 5000 and got 13. Now I dont want to spend money on diamonds. Whats the point of me spending £50 if I may not even get another upgrade, it's pointless. I may spend £10, but I don't feel like it and i'm not sure I will.

I'm sure the ones who get the extra bonus feel great, but if this happens to a small number of people, who then don't spend money because they find it frustrating, or spend less money, or even leave the game, I don't know why you'd allow this kind of poor randomisation to continue. I went from pond 3-9, thats approx 40 jumps with a % chance of winning an upgrade of 10-13% each time. 1 upgrade kit is crazy. Im new to the game and really enjoying it, but if id been playing for a year and had a couple of events like that, i'd leave. I dont play games that frustrate me, I play to enjoy and relax, having such poor return is bound to frustrate people. I've spoken to a few others who have had similar frustrations.

From playing other app games, I feel this game is well balanced in all other areas i've participated so far, so well done on that front devs. Good balance of pay to play and free to play. The other thing id say, which I find weird and dont know if it helps, but its coming from a person who was spending £200 a month on an app game last year, is Ive always spent more on games that give you more goodies, like this event (which even though I faired badly in, I think the event overall is great). I always get caught up in the excitement and spend an extra £10 here, £20 there. I dont intend to spend that much per month ever again, but I thought it was odd that I spent most in the game that had given me the most goodies without paying.

I hope this feedback helps.