• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

Ok, the event.
I enjoyed it overall, got some nice stuff and surprisingly landed in silver on one world, so was able to get a 2nd pagoda to level 5.
Looking forward to the new one coming to live server.

DeletedUser116525

Me too, Can't wait for the next event, it's looks good.
I will have my diamonds ready to buy everything

DeletedUser100133

Hello, as you can see a few comments has been removed, even though the spring event is over and I hope you all did well and got the prizes you wanted, we still need to stick to the topic, please?

Thank you

Deleted member 109369

To clear up some confusion. Some off topic drift is to be expected, but we don't want to drift completely out to sea either. When several posts get deleted, it is often because it is a post that quotes a now deleted post so it no longer makes sense and becomes out of context. If you have a question about why a particular post has been removed, please contact the moderating team privately.

Hans1968

Private
f at all the worlds you need 8 pond crossing to end up in Bronze
you need 9 pond crossings to end up in Silver,

here on Arvahall you needed 15 pond crossing to get Gold on one of my other worlds you needed 16 pond crossings to get Gold,
So with the same amount of lanterns and pickeing the highset one first or the one with medals you should end up in Silver on all worlds or did i just not get enough cherry trees on Arvahall?

DeletedUser96901

you had bad luck and didn't finish in silver

maybe next time you get more or bigger trees

or maybe the trees where good enough and you had bad luck with the figures the game offered you
all are different in efficiency

Galladhorn

Monarch
I managed to get to land a Bronze in my two cities – One is EMA and the other is fully teched VF.
I invested 200 Diamonds this night to get the EMA city into Bronze.
Got no real complains about this event.
The difference to notice was that the Bronze, Silver and Gold had higher Success Cirteria than seen in earlier events, which might have slightly suprised some players. Luck for Picking up Cheery Tress surely also plays its part.

– In any case I validate these events based on my two very different cities
– And if they both cities can gain the same reuslt then the balance can´t IMO be totally off.

Agent327

Overlord
Just a reward for being in the top 5 players in each world, not too much to ask, just something fun to give the top 5.
yeah, 74 crossings may not even be enough but still, nice to have something if one got that high.
i'll be asking again during the next event and keep asking until someone who can make things happen realises it's a good idea

It's only good for you. For most people it is a shitty idea, but you can always propose it. I am sure it will get only positive votes.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
f at all the worlds you need 8 pond crossing to end up in Bronze
you need 9 pond crossings to end up in Silver,

here on Arvahall you needed 15 pond crossing to get Gold on one of my other worlds you needed 16 pond crossings to get Gold,
So with the same amount of lanterns and pickeing the highset one first or the one with medals you should end up in Silver on all worlds or did i just not get enough cherry trees on Arvahall?
1. Lanterns from cherry trees do factor into it, but overall, if you were hyper diligent (ie: checking city min 3-4x/day), then you should have picked up enough extra lanterns to make a potential 9 ponds outside of severe RNG-screwage...
What would be likely considered 'severe screwage'? Never getting *any* 100 lantern trees and perhaps only 2-3 total 50 lantern trees would probably do it.

In my N-world city (my 'main' world), I was diligent in constantly cleaning up my incidents & looking for trees. I managed to pick-up roughly an additional 1k lanterns from trees over the course of the whole event.
I only got the 100 lantern tree 3 times, while nabbing the 50 lantern tree at least 6-7x. Mostly though, I just got 10 or 20 lantern trees, with the few stinky 3 & 5 ones too. (more 5'ers vs. 3er's though)

This gave me a rough total of a little over 8900 lanterns without any use of diamonds.

2. Now the Most. Important. Part:
***I used the wiki info and always chose only the MOST distance efficient choices***
And note that this isn't automatically always the 'gold' origami animal either! (ie: Swan was more efficient than the gold Lion + Giraffe)

If you kept to only the most distance efficient choices 100% of the time, then 8900 odd lanterns was enough to cross 9 ponds. (I actually got 1 jump into the 10th pond!)
Even if you think that there's no appreciable difference between a rate of say 39.75 lanterns/distance vs. 39.0, it all adds up in the end!
Maintaining only the highest efficiency means you can eek out an extra jump or two over the course of the event, which can very easily be the difference between making that 9th pond or not. ;)
(and that efficiency variance was even more important when using the bronze/white animals to finish off a pond crossing!)

I'm sorry you didn't succeed in getting silver in your main world, and that does indeed suck...
Lots of us got hardcore screwed in the last event due to the massive RNG variances & whether or not one ended up in a very active neighbourhood vs. the FoE Graveyard.
But with this event, there was far, far, FAR less variables required to make silver league, so before claiming that it's Inno's fault, it's better to check and see if you yourself did indeed play the event as efficiently as you could have.

DeletedUser102954

So, am just a little bear and easily confused (and really wonder how I have made it this far), but when I was playing the spring event the screen said "amateur but my league result is for "hobby". Is hobby higher than amateur, then?

rjs66

Lieutenant
i got some free stuff , without spending diamonds

i ended up in either bronze or silver on the worlds i play on

next event i'll get some more free stuff, i might not get the very best stuff, but i won't be that upset because it's stuff i didn't have before and it didn't cost me anything but a bit of time (that i was spending on the game anyway)

Emberguard

Legend
So, am just a little bear and easily confused (and really wonder how I have made it this far), but when I was playing the spring event the screen said "amateur but my league result is for "hobby". Is hobby higher than amateur, then?
Was your screen result before or after the event ended? Did the pond crossing needed go up at all in the final results displayed?

Players tend to spend in the last days and even the last seconds in a rush to get any last prizes. So as the leagues are based on your results relative to everyone else's it's possible to be booted down a league if enough players spend right at the end

DeletedUser102954

Was your screen result before or after the event ended? Did the pond crossing needed go up at all in the final results displayed?

Players tend to spend in the last days and even the last seconds in a rush to get any last prizes. So as the leagues are based on your results relative to everyone else's it's possible to be booted down a league if enough players spend right at the end
Before it ended, can't access the screen after it has closed. Bit miffed to get pushed down because of what other players do, takes away any incentive to put any effort in, or to buy diamonds to further progress.

Emberguard

Legend
@Woolly Bear Personally i wouldn't worry too much about which league you end in from the free lanterns. You should be able to complete your full building without needing to be in the league at all. So any league bonuses are an extra

If you were spending diamonds then it's a good idea to make sure you're well above the bracket if you're looking at utilizing the extra upgrades

And you can access after. Check your messages and you will see "league results" in there is a button that will pop up the entire worlds standings

With all that being said its good you've posted your feedback so it can be passed on

DeletedUser108359

I got 2 silver and a bronze. ( i must admit the silver did surprise me )
my main strategy is to take the jump which has the rewards i like, if there is nothing i like then i take the longest jump. at the end of the pond i normally take the last jump with the lowest cost.
I ended up with a full Pagoda on all worlds and a 2nd pagoda at level 5 on 2 worlds. ( hoping we will see some upgrades in daily quests in the future )

No diamonds used.

This is my normal strategy for events of this format and i usually end up with at least 1 full building and normally bronze league. Not fantastic by some standards, ( this is technically Not the best strategy, but it work for me and i usually get loads of things i need { and the odd thing i dont need ) but im happy with that, anything extra is a pleasant bonus.

bigger bottle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I went for longest jumps for max Ponds. Finished in Gold with sufficient for 2 Fire Pagodas, one built, another waiting for Exp in Inventory. Lots of Boosts and FPs but, thankfully only 2 Set pieces which will most likely never be used. Pretty decent over all, can't wait for the next Event.

DeletedUser107470

Totally pointless event. It’s controlled by a prize allocation system that will deliver no rewards to so many players because of a crap system that unfairly allocates prizes