• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Spoiler Alert] - Breturia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

You can conquer provinces that provide you with goods deposits, 2 out of 5 deposits per age. So far, so good. However, Breturia which is a High Middle Age province, dumped a Stone deposit on me, a Bronze Age good. Not good. I'm pretty sure it's down to the special case technology we can research in HMA: Improved Stone Mason. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that the game consequetly chooses 2/5 goods or if it's not intended to be like that (--> Bug). If the latter is the case, then please have the LMA provinces Eldenborough and Wolvhampthon checked as well, I suspect that due to the LMA techs Improved Limestone Mason and Improved Goldsmith, we'll have a 40% chance of getting deposits for those lower age goods instead of either silk, basalt or brass.

Another side effect of this issue is that this is probably the reason why some players still get the same deposit twice on their continent map.

DeletedUser1081

HaekelHansi, weird but true: In the HMA stone is treated as a "current good", and in the LMA limestone and gold are "current" again: They're accepted by the NPC traders in exchange for all new goods for those eras and as you noted you can build those "advanced" production buildings for them. A poster called (if memory serves) Aedler recently posted a pretty rational theory for why - ah yeah, here it is:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?781-Goods-buildings-explained/page7

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Surely now that the 500 limit is removed, it would be a simple check to see if player has that bonus and award another, it would stop a lot of complaints. Stone at that level would be ok if you didn't already have it though.

DeletedUser

Having stone instead of rope, salt, brick or glass gives you a big disadvantage in regards to trades with other player. Nobody will give away their HMA goods for some lousy stones.

DeletedUser1081

Having stone instead of rope, salt, brick or glass gives you a big disadvantage in regards to trades with other player. Nobody will give away their HMA goods for some lousy stones.

actually i keep my stone and limestone masons going pretty much nonstop, and do quite a lot of trading for those goods as well, since the NPC traders then accept those for whatever HMA & LMA goods one needs.

DeletedUser

There are a three goods currently used in more than one age: Stone, Gold and Limestone. This will be changed in one of the upcoming versions (next version or the one after).

The new goods will be Gunpowder, Herbs and Talc

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

I also got a Limestone deposit in a LMA province and 2 Alabaster in EMA. Any plans for changing that for existing players that have already conquered those provinces?

Thx

DeletedUser

Yes, all deposits in the Middle Ages will be exchanged for the new goods (with the exception of Gold, which comes first in Early Middle Age, so it will stay there).

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Yes, all deposits in the Middle Ages will be exchanged for the new goods (with the exception of Gold, which comes first in Early Middle Age, so it will stay there).

Regards,

Anwar

Good post here, lol.

Btw, Stef was wondering about him getting two alabaster deposits in the EMA, which he would never need those two, only one. It seems that he is wondering if this new system will make it to where he will get another good in the place of that extra alabaster seeing how there should be no reason for him to have two Alabasters.

Thanks for the spoiler Anwar, looks like it will be a great addition to the game.

Also, makes one wonder why gun powder is coming into the game, hmmm bring in the guns? lol.

DeletedUser

Whoops - missed that he had 2 Alabaster deposits. I think that shouldn't be, will check that.

Regarding gunpowder - you already have cannons in the LMA, guess what they are shooting with? But yes, guns will feature more prominently in future age military, of course.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Whoops - missed that he had 2 Alabaster deposits. I think that shouldn't be, will check that.

Regarding gunpowder - you already have cannons in the LMA, guess what they are shooting with? But yes, guns will feature more prominently in future age military, of course.

Regards,

Anwar

Thanks for seeing the thing about what Stef said, and I think there are a few other people with the same issues, but with different goods types.

I knew the cannons thing, lol, but figured since we have used them without the goods, that this was perhaps a little sneak peak as to what is to come.

DeletedUser2047

Regards,

Anwar

Any word on the double-deposits thing? I have 2 copper and it has been irking me since the limits on deposits went away. Now that you have more goods, it makes me a bit (a lot) worried to be unfairly handicapped vs other players by having 2 of the same resources...

DeletedUser

I checked an it was a bug that was supposed to be fixed but could still occur in specific circumstances. It is now fixed (as of 0.13). I will talk to the backend guys if they could run a migration that replaces all doubles.

Regards.

Anwar

DeletedUser2047

Thanks, would be awesome to get that looked at, keep us posted. I would be OK if they jsut randomly gave me another good...
Thankfully I have a good guild but I hate to be a beggar!

DeletedUser

Hmm, honestly, this is not really a bug, I shall move this to the Game Discussion area for everyone to see the good news.

DeletedUser1176

if this issue finally gets fixed/changed it will be a VERY GOOD thing!

I'm stuck with double Brass and thats not nice =(

Btw: I suggest to change the Topic Title for something more objective like "Duplicated Good Deposits" or something like that

DeletedUser

Also, makes one wonder why gun powder is coming into the game, hmmm bring in the guns? lol.
because how else will we fire our frigate cannons!
;)

ps. i know nothing, but it's my honest best guess :p

DeletedUser1176

I checked an it was a bug that was supposed to be fixed but could still occur in specific circumstances. It is now fixed (as of 0.13). I will talk to the backend guys if they could run a migration that replaces all doubles.

Regards.

Anwar

So, any news about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.