• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spinning the wheel in the Summer Event and other previous Events

DeletedUser115027

I think that there is a bit of confusion here, as "rigged" in the quoted thread was in reference to certain players being prioritized to win better prizes than others, instead of it being randomly determined. I don't think anyone in this thread was claiming anything like that.

And for what it's worth, I also read Anwar's post as saying he agreed with the explanation how the wheel works from a coding standpoint ("script calculates everything before actually showing it to player"), but disagrees with the accusation that it is deliberately giving diamonds to top players over new ones.

DeletedUser114563

"script calculates everything before actually showing it to player" of course the script has to calculate everything, that's how programs work but the output differs according to circumstances, that's how programs work too.

DeletedUser112892

"script calculates everything before actually showing it to player" of course the script has to calculate everything, that's how programs work but the output differs according to circumstances, that's how programs work too.
In this case, script randomly picks one of the prizes at the moment you start spinning the wheel. You can press the "Stop" button, but that will not affect the outcome.
If this was physical wheel of fortune, then there are chances for it
to be abused and get prizes you want every time. However, this is digital wheel and it works purely on RNG.
Thinking that pressing "Stop" button will result on wheel landing on prize you would like it to land on is Placebo effect.

DeletedUser114563

( twomsu ) rigged is that why I keep getting palm trees
Complain to Inno, they might listen to you and give you diamonds instead :)
Gratitude for all your hard work :)

DeletedUser114563

My Hedge Maze just gave me 50 diamonds, I have 3 ( I stored the 4th ) and it never happened before, so I wish they preset it to give me 50 diamonds more often :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
If you wish to confirm your belief that it is predetermined. Put a support ticket in do not quote unrelated forum information here.

That Support ticket could be answered by you, so what is the point? If you know the answer it is rather childish of you, not to answer it here and if you do not know the answer, what would be the use?

Agent327

Overlord
Hey folks, not quite the post I was looking for, but even better in many ways given who the reply is from. The post first...

And the reply...

For those of you who never had the pleasure of interacting with him through these forums, Anwar was our own dear Game Designer, as you can see if you look at the original post, or his profile page :)

PS if I can find the post I was actually looking for, I will quote it here too :)

All Anwar says is that the wheel is not rigged and he is right on that point. All he says is that free players have the same chance as paying players, cause that is what the discussion was about. Nowhere is the stop button and it's function mentioned.

Agent327

Overlord

Read this Pedro and try to understand it

Indeed, that is how I understand the posts I quoted. It seems the prize is determined the moment you click the spin button, and all else is just for show.

Now please tell us your method how you can stop the wheel on the spot you want!

Agent327

Overlord
Why, so you can go on and on ?

No, I am really interested in what makes you think you can beat the system, even after you have been told you can not.

If you can beat the system you have found a bug and you are obliged to report that. Being the decent guy you are, I am sure you will, so tell us.

DeletedUser114563

Emberguard, what are you saying different to what I said ?
(Agent) you think you can beat the system, even after you have been told you can not.
Ok then I can't, end of story.

Emberguard

Legend
@cfpedro rigged does not mean the result cannot be random. Rigged would mean the results would favour a specific result for a specific party that goes against the way the activity was intended.

In gambling people sometimes rig the dice so that a specific number comes up when the roll causing them to win and their opponent to lose.

In sport the Australian cricket team rigged the tennis ball so that it would be more likely to move a certain way when thrown

For this Summer event with the ships to be rigged you'd have to program it so it's only ever likely to land on certain prizes,

DeletedUser114563

What as a rigged dice, Australian cricket balls ( not tennis balls ) got anything to do what I said :
not rigged means running normally.

Emberguard

Legend
It is running normally. What I meant by the dice and cricket was to illustrate an example of what a rigged random would look like. Nobody here thinks the wheel is rigged. The argument is whether or not the wheel outcome is already determined at the time of pressing spin

Rigged is in no way requiring a random result or a non-random result. Rigged is merely altering the process in which the outcome is supposed to be created by