• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Special offer pop-ups completely crash the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs66

Lieutenant
  • World: ALL
  • Browser and Version: ANY (pc)
  • Overview of the bug: When special offer pop-ups appear on screen the game completely locks up requiring a refresh of the browser, however when refreshing the browser it cannot connect for up to 3 minutes, giving errors such as "unable to connect to site", "website is refusing to connect", independent website checking sites also show the EN game servers as being unavailable.
  • Screenshots: none
  • How often this occurs: every time a special offer pop-up appears
  • Urgency: that depends on Inno's regard for its customers
  • Preventative Actions: none - problem appears to be with Inno's servers
  • Summary: total website crash when special offer pop-ups appear
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? problem is not with the client end

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
sometimes happens to me, both on Opera (previous PC) and now on the current (Chrome)
1/5 offers will need refresh

rjs66

Lieutenant
if you are logged on when the pop-up is first issued - happens every time, if you log on afterwards all is ok
the fact that the website goes offline , is a bit of a giveaway
3rd party sites that check website connectivity also show the site as being unreachable for up to 3 minutes

Forwandert

Major-General
The ones that crash everything have always been the best offers due to them never allowing you to purchase and saving you money.

Screenshot_20200819-131111_Forge of Empires.jpg

For at least the last year this is what I've got when attempting to click on the offers after crashing. Works really good because if it's a good offer I have to log on via comp which gives me more diamonds for my cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.