• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Special military buildings, are they worth it?

DeletedUser114342

I have a drummer school and a rogue hideout, but I am thinking of getting rid of the drummer school as I don't think they are really useful and it takes up a lot of space. I am in the LMA and don't know if I will regret this later on, so I'd like some advice please on the special military buildings that are worth to keep and ones that are not.

With the rogue hideout, I am happy with one, but find that rogues can be too easily defeated if there are no other normal units for them to turn into. Today I got attacked and plundered, my defending army had three rogues out of 8, so my attacker went after every other unit first which made my rogues redundant. So I retaliated and attacked and plundered back. Funny thing was, his/her defending army had 1 champion and 7 rogues which was easily defeated by killing off the champion first. So, I do find that rogues are not all that powerful in certain situations. I don't know if getting more rogue hideouts will be worth it in the future, especially since you can win some in the DCs.

DeletedUser112892

Rogue Hideout is best when combined with Alcatraz because you have constant daily income of Rogues.
Most popular attack formation is 1 ordinary unit+7 Rogues, which is almost unbeatable.
However, having more than 2 Rogues in defence makes it a lot easier for the attacker.

DeletedUser114342

Rogue Hideout is best when combined with Alcatraz because you have constant daily income of Rogues.
Most popular attack formation is 1 ordinary unit+7 Rogues, which is almost unbeatable.
However, having more than 2 Rogues in defence makes it a lot easier for the attacker.

Huh? I find that combination of 1 ordinary unit + 7 rogues one of the easiest to beat as you just get rid of the ordinary unit first leaving the rogues basically defenseless.

DeletedUser114342

I think I had bad luck as one of the few times the AI beat me was using the 1 ordinary unit + 7 rogues :(
Taught me NEVER to use that combination when attacking again as it will be just my luck to get a smart AI!

DeletedUser112892

Huh? I find that combination of 1 ordinary unit + 7 rogues one of the easiest to beat as you just get rid of the ordinary unit first leaving the rogues basically defenseless.
I meant as attacking army, not defending ;)
If you get attacked by 1 ordinary unit + 7 Rogues, place 8 Artillery units in defence to maximise attacker's loss.

DeletedUser114342

I meant as attacking army, not defending ;)
If you get attacked by 1 ordinary unit + 7 Rogues, place 8 Artillery units in defence to maximise attacker's loss.

Thanks, I realised that after I posted :rolleyes:

What are your thoughts about the drummer school? I got rid of an SoK when I first started so don't want to repeat the same mistake with the drummer school.

DeletedUser112892

What are your thoughts about the drummer school? I got rid of an SoK when I first started so don't want to repeat the same mistake with the drummer school.
Drummer as unit is good in low ages, later it becomes useless.
Drummer School comes in hand because it also gives attack boost (as building).

DeletedUser112892

I always use 1 unit + 7 rogues in attack and never use the AI. In defence I do not use rogues
By using AI, attacking defence consisted only of melee units, or consisted of quite few close ranged or artillery units will have 0 loses ;)