• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Special Building Name adjustment

Decoder

Warrant Officer
What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ? (lvl 6)
You won't know unless you look it up.
For some like the Winter Train, you get a name Charcoal Express so you know it's at Max.
If the designers don't want to give them names, fine, at least we could say lvl6M or lvl6 Max , just so I can tell from the title/name of the building that it's finished.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
For some like the Winter Train, you get a name Charcoal Express so you know it's at Max.
If the designers don't want to give them names, fine, at least we could say lvl6M or lvl6 Max , just so I can tell from the title/name of the building that it's finished.
Or - you could just click on the building and go to the Wiki thats built into the game - and look up whatever building you want. Get all the info on whatever level, what rewards it gives, or a GB to see the costs and rewards for each level. Using the wiki that gives you nearly all needed info does the job, and so much more. And so simple to do.

Or - you could just click on the building and go to the Wiki thats built into the game - and look up whatever building you want. Get all the info on whatever level, what rewards it gives, or a GB to see the costs and rewards for each level. Using the wiki that gives you nearly all needed info does the job, and so much more. And so simple to do.
No, you cannot go to the official game wiki by clicking on a building in the game. Not in the browser game at least. You can right-click anywhere on the screen and pick the link to the wiki, and then you can search for the building you want info on.
You cannot see if a special/event building is fully upgraded by clicking on it or hovering the cursor over it.
Don't know how it works on mobile.

Last edited:

RegV

Corporal
Using the wiki that gives you nearly all needed info does the job, and so much more. And so simple to do.
Really? Simple? I must be stupid or something. I've been playing long enough that I do know how to do it, but simple it isn't. Not using the official Wiki. There is a simpler way, but we can't talk about it.

Care to explain, step by step, how an inexperienced player would answer the question: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" using just " the Wiki thats built into the game"? Go ahead and write out the step by step instructions. It's simple to do, so it shouldn't take you long.

Don't know how it works on mobile.
I didn't either, since I'm mostly PC. But I gave it a go. Seems harder. But I'm probably being stupid, awaiting the simple instructions.

Might of been easier if I was smart enough to know how to spell 'Hippodrome Carceres'. Auto-complete wasn't very helpful. Searching for Hippodrome careers got me nowhere. But I'm sure it's simple to do on mobile too. Awaiting the simple instructions.

Pretty sure there is a simpler way. Ask Google: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" Click on the first result. Now you know.

Ask Google: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" Click on the first result. Now you know.
I tried that, just to see what the Google God says. Google's top hit goes to the Hippodrome Carceres page on the fan-made-foe-wiki-site-we don't-talk-about-here. Of course it does. It's the most popular and most useful FOE info site out there and much better than Inno's own limited wiki.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Really? Simple? I must be stupid or something. I've been playing long enough that I do know how to do it, but simple it isn't. Not using the official Wiki. There is a simpler way, but we can't talk about it.

Care to explain, step by step, how an inexperienced player would answer the question: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" using just " the Wiki thats built into the game"? Go ahead and write out the step by step instructions. It's simple to do, so it shouldn't take you long.\
Step 1 - right mouse click basically anywhere on the screen and select the Wiki
Step 2 - on the next screen, type "Hippodrome Carceres" in the Search Box (and oh my goodness, it only displays 6 options, which is Hippodrome Carceres levels 1 through to level 6
Step 3 - do not need a step 3 because you can see that Level 6 is the maximum level. So very, very complicated to do. Especially on a computer. And if this reply appears to sound snarky in the least - it is only because your reply to me was rather snarky as well.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
If you have taken part in the event you will know if you have the maximum lvl building or not, in case you dont know, The Crows Nest, The Olympic Treasury, Abandoned Asylum Hippodrone Carceres etc dont have a branching out choice for the final lvl, Winter train does, Pirate ship does also aswell as the Pagada and cottages, house of horrors.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General

Care to explain, step by step, how an inexperienced player would answer the question: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" using just " the Wiki thats built into the game"? Go ahead and write out the step by step instructions. It's simple to do, so it shouldn't take you long.

I didn't either, since I'm mostly PC. But I gave it a go. Seems harder. But I'm probably being stupid, awaiting the simple instructions.

Might of been easier if I was smart enough to know how to spell 'Hippodrome Carceres'. Auto-complete wasn't very helpful. Searching for Hippodrome careers got me nowhere. But I'm sure it's simple to do on mobile too. Awaiting the simple instructions.

Pretty sure there is a simpler way. Ask Google: "What is the maximum lvl for the Hippodrome Carceres ?" Click on the first result. Now you know.
Care to explain, step by step, how an inexperienced player would answer the question:
I would expect an inexperienced player to answer any forge of empire questions to be honest :rolleyes:

Step 1 - right mouse click basically anywhere on the screen and select the Wiki
Step 2 - on the next screen, type "Hippodrome Carceres" in the Search Box (and oh my goodness, it only displays 6 options, which is Hippodrome Carceres levels 1 through to level 6
Step 3 - do not need a step 3 because you can see that Level 6 is the maximum level.
That's not what you said at first, though. You said...
... just click on the building and go to the Wiki thats built into the game ...
That's not quite correct. Clicking on a building doesn't take you to a built-in wiki.
Whatever, it would be nice, if more clear info about buildings was available in-game (when you click on them), so you don't have to visit an external site to, for example, find out if a building is fully upgraded

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

How can you not know if a building you have is at the max level or not? You played the event. You know your result. Also the different levels have different looks.

How can you not know if a building you have is at the max level or not? You played the event. You know your result. Also the different levels have different looks.
You can't always tell by only the look of the building if it's fully upgraded. Unless it's something like the Colossus, that has a scaffolding around it until it's fully leveled.

Lvl 5 and LvL 6 of Hippodrome Carceres, in this case, for instance, look very much the same...
hippo.PNG

Players build event buildings that are not fully upgraded. After they are built, it's not always possible to immediately see if the buildings are at max level.
Then we get new event buildings - and maybe we forget that we lack a level or two on the older event buildings. If we want to check if all our event buildings are fully upgraded, we have to go to an external site to get the info.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Players build event buildings that are not fully upgraded. After they are built, it's not always possible to immediately see if the buildings are at max level.
Then we get new event buildings - and maybe we forget that we lack a level or two on the older event buildings. If we want to check if all our event buildings are fully upgraded, we have to go to an external site to get the info.

No you don't.

You have two chances to upgrade a special building that is not at max level yet. During an Event and from the AD. Both times you can see from the upgrade on offer what the max level is and you can compare that to what you have in your city. Both times you also have 24hrs to check.

The logic behind this is fawlty as well. If I have a Charcoal Express I am supposed to know it is at max level, but how am I supposed to know it's origin is the Winter Express? I want a second one, but I am passing on Winter Express upgrades, cause I am waiting for Charcoal Express upgrades.

Know the game you play.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Perhaps some of you are younger and your memory is better on if you maxed a building (or 10) 2 years ago or not.
Or have nothing to do so this is all you have in your head, because you seem to fight against a simple solution and present me with a more complicated ones.
I am older, I look for simple solutions to problems, like the title giving me the info. ( actually it is already giving me some info, why not a bit more?!)
That's all.