• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

space management

Usual Suspect

Corporal
Space, 4 squares at a time, is the only finite resource in this game.
My end goal is setting up camp in the contemporary era, love the attack bonuses with the military bases :)

I am at LMA right now on the bubble to CA, the issue and question is that my goods buildings, from earlier ages, are seriously constricting upgrades to my World.

Can I get buy with deleting the bronze and iron age goods buildings ?

btw love the attack bonuses from the slave owner's villa, I beat one section/army from the CA haha

Usual Suspect

Corporal
Need advice, I have noticed that coins and supplies quickly become irrelevant cause there are so many in your stock, I already built the lighthouse and for its footprint vs rewards its a keeper, but do you suggest I build St Mark's as well for the extra coin boost ?

I foresee building it than having to tear it down... been playing about 3 weeks and already 2 mill in coins and 1.6 for supplies.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
One word of advice, as you Age up - Supplies definitely are not irrelevant. Some of the Researches require relatively large amounts of supplies. I have run out of supplies a couple times (and i have 9 production buildings).
St. Marks is good for the Goods it produces. I do not know if coins will eventually be as needed as supplies are - but in Modern Age now, i have never had an issue with coins, only supplies. You should not be needing (or wanting) to tear down St Marks.

legend9182

Major-General
Need advice, I have noticed that coins and supplies quickly become irrelevant cause there are so many in your stock, I already built the lighthouse and for its footprint vs rewards its a keeper, but do you suggest I build St Mark's as well for the extra coin boost ?

I foresee building it than having to tear it down... been playing about 3 weeks and already 2 mill in coins and 1.6 for supplies.
Only if you need coins. Otherwise it's of no use. In my opinion

Build Mark's for the goods...

Usual Suspect

Corporal
great advice, much obliged :)
Decided, have the prints anyways and would really like coin to be plentiful... can always scrap when it gets to that point :)
I know what I am using my diamond expansions for now haha

Usual Suspect

Corporal
just trying to get the other ages up to snuff as well, much obliged for the advice...
1-2k each LMA goods wont take me that long the rate im going anyways haha

Last edited:

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I am learning that the hard way, reason I need to shore up my goods from previous ages... never know when they will ask for cloth or wine just out of the blue haha

Usual Suspect

Corporal
I decided last night when I broke 4.3 million by using multipliers when I lvl up I am going to build Monte, not Mark's... from the advice given about long term goals vs Space management, I am going to focus on att/def buildings or GB that allow me to lvl my stats :)

Niawen’kó:wa - thank you very much, for all your advice :)

Anthony Quinn

Corporal
Best way to design your city right from the start is using a big city grid system. I use that method and never have issues with space.

Usual Suspect

Corporal
Rebel - you are in Quebec I assume (from your signature footer)? Calgary here. Lots of space out here - so much open land still :)
Sadly, I never lived in on the Rez, my Mom told me Kahnawake was my Nation when I was 10 and oka was all over the news.
I live in Ontario. Never made it to Calgary, I hear good things :)
Best way to design your city right from the start is using a big city grid system. I use that method and never have issues with space.
Since I dont have goods, or military, buildings I have no issue with space... I got great advice from this forum :)
Also I moved to using villas for population my coins have soared and zero issues with happiness.
screenshot-en7.forgeofempires.com-2020.08.28-14_44_43.png