• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

not read the whole thread but I am guessing that some GBs are now nuked well the unrefined goods production side anyway st marks, babel, dresden, RAH, I cant see them producing mars ore anyway so why keep them?
St Marks because it gives a coin boost
RAH and Lighthouse because they give a supply boost

Babel and Dresden shouldn't even be build

Build the Colosseum - It produces tons of medals and give Happy Points - lol - and doesn't take up any space. You'll love it!
Going to a level 80 GB - will help consume all those unwanted Forge Points.

DeletedUser110180

Nearly one week into this new era....no one likes it, but inno don’t care....they are probably Millwall supporters..(only English football supporters will get that).
The two GBs are about as useful as a three legged donkey, most I’ve seen are stuck at lvl 10, not much hope of going higher due to lack of BP opportunity, and VP at lvl 10 gives 3 attempts....gone in the blink of an eye....for GvG players....they’ll love using one of those attempts against a full DA of spears...this new era is just pushing players away from the game faster...Too much going on in the game, and not a lot of it interesting anymore...settlements are like watching paint dry...and SAM is no different

DeletedUser111428

Nearly one week into this new era....no one likes it, but inno don’t care....they are probably Millwall supporters..(only English football supporters will get that).
The two GBs are about as useful as a three legged donkey, most I’ve seen are stuck at lvl 10, not much hope of going higher due to lack of BP opportunity, and VP at lvl 10 gives 3 attempts....gone in the blink of an eye....for GvG players....they’ll love using one of those attempts against a full DA of spears...this new era is just pushing players away from the game faster...Too much going on in the game, and not a lot of it interesting anymore...settlements are like watching paint dry...and SAM is no different
Hahaha...read your post made my day Sir Lord Comic! Innogames truly had a chance to offer something exciting and different to all players with the release of the Space Age: Mars Era...and they failed...

I do not mind the idea of the Mars Colony (hey, for players who cannot produce sufficient SAM Goods through their cities, they can produce Goods in their colonies...Goods that cannot be plundered which is a nice change) and I can somehow live with the idea or collecting Mrs Ore to unlock some Researches (similar approach as what we had to go through with Arctic Future, Oceanic Future and Virtual Future Eras with specialized Goods)...but what I simply cannot understand is how they could miss the boat not once but TWICE with the release of these 2 new SAM Great Buildings!

1) Star Gazer: not providing at least an interesting Second Bonus and providing a main bonus that makes most of the players scoff
2) Virgo Project: interesting Main Bonus being offered...which will then be disabled for PvP! Most players will refuse to waste precious Goods and Forge Points to place this GB in their cities if the limited number of attack being offered cannot be used against tough and experienced Neighbors!

I feel bad for those who built them because they will have to wait quite A LONG TIME before they will be able to get their hands on more Blueprints to increase the stats of those buildings (mainly through aiding Neighbors, Guild Members/Friends, through Rain Forest GB Bonus, Recurring Quest Reward, etc.)...and at what cost? A waste of time, effort and Forge Points if you lay down those 2 Great Buildings.

I would love for Innogames to "turn around" and admit that the direction they took was an incorrect one and update at least the Bonuses offered by those 2 Greta Buildings...but we all know that this will probably not happen ;)

DeletedUser110180

i'm only PostModern Era but from what i've heard from other players, it's a complete balls up
No, the balls up is the two GBs, the era is what it is...it’s a challenge...I just completed GE for first time in new era...fought all but one encounter...so it’s nice to go up against something different...The Colony is ok....slow and boring, but it was never meant to be rushed, you just need to research the right items first..then it all falls into place nicely...
I can live with the new era...but I won’t go near the two GBs.....about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Agent327

Overlord
No, the balls up is the two GBs, the era is what it is...it’s a challenge...I just completed GE for first time in new era...fought all but one encounter...so it’s nice to go up against something different...The Colony is ok....slow and boring, but it was never meant to be rushed, you just need to research the right items first..then it all falls into place nicely...
I can live with the new era...but I won’t go near the two GBs.....about as much use as a chocolate fire guard

The whole era isn't supposed to be rushed. No new era is, but most of the time Inno fails at that. This time they succeeded.

The two GB's are poor, but nothing new with that. Expectation was probably to high if you consider the last GB's before these.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112017

I don't know what's the fuss about SAM...

Yeah, GBs are not worth building (with a nerf to Virgo) but overall it's nothing too bad (nor too good), just a new age, with a bit of a few twists.

I disliked OF way more when you needed Orichalcum and Promethium.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I don't know what's the fuss about SAM...

Yeah, GBs are not worth building (with a nerf to Virgo) but overall it's nothing too bad (nor too good), just a new age, with a bit of a few twists.

I disliked OF way more when you needed Orichalcum and Promethium.

I think many players expected something "more" – whatever that means – but when going into space it kind of races the expectations. And what we got was a very limted age in terms of buildings and a Colony that essentially is more or less dead the moment of tech completion. The whole Era minus the new units is essentially just and advanced Promethium/Orichalcum "handbrake" making sure that only very few players can rush trough it (that might be a good thing or bad thing idk).

– it might have been cool if the Colony would have and extra feature similar to settlements – because a Settlement and a Colony is very much the same thing, just named differently becasue of "time" - So why have Vikings infleunce the game stats and not the space Colony on Mars - does not really make much sense.

And I can not understand how you can dislike the Promethium/Orichalcum more – Once again we have gotten a Special Good that can not be traded or be used for anything else than teching – Apart from being somewhat annoying it also does not making any sense in conceptual terms. When something new is discovered in e.g science it ususally ends up in more technological applications after a certain amount of time. We have now had 3 "amazing" new resource discoveries without them having any application other than leading to the next era – that is bit like discovering oil and only expect it to replace wood for making a fire.

Inno games are fans of History and they are pretty good at it – but even venturing into the future certain things does not change just becuse it is future – the lack of finding something useful for the 3 Special goods is still a knot that IMO should be solved. And even now I can´t help thinking that Ceres is goona be an even more flat Era – I would even expect the nearly same unit and building designs – as if they planned the space age as one era but strechted over a 3-4 year period ...and frankly I can not even blame them for it if it was becasue inventing future is very challenging, far more that than building on historic themes where there is loads of background material to develop up on – but its just not very exciting. Perhaps the new Guild competition system in developments is gonna bring on something new
– Lets see.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112017

Hahaha...read your post made my day Sir Lord Comic! Innogames truly had a chance to offer something exciting and different to all players with the release of the Space Age: Mars Era...and they failed...

I do not mind the idea of the Mars Colony (hey, for players who cannot produce sufficient SAM Goods through their cities, they can produce Goods in their colonies...Goods that cannot be plundered which is a nice change) and I can somehow live with the idea or collecting Mrs Ore to unlock some Researches (similar approach as what we had to go through with Arctic Future, Oceanic Future and Virtual Future Eras with specialized Goods)...but what I simply cannot understand is how they could miss the boat not once but TWICE with the release of these 2 new SAM Great Buildings!

1) Star Gazer: not providing at least an interesting Second Bonus and providing a main bonus that makes most of the players scoff
2) Virgo Project: interesting Main Bonus being offered...which will then be disabled for PvP! Most players will refuse to waste precious Goods and Forge Points to place this GB in their cities if the limited number of attack being offered cannot be used against tough and experienced Neighbors!

I feel bad for those who built them because they will have to wait quite A LONG TIME before they will be able to get their hands on more Blueprints to increase the stats of those buildings (mainly through aiding Neighbors, Guild Members/Friends, through Rain Forest GB Bonus, Recurring Quest Reward, etc.)...and at what cost? A waste of time, effort and Forge Points if you lay down those 2 Great Buildings.

I would love for Innogames to "turn around" and admit that the direction they took was an incorrect one and update at least the Bonuses offered by those 2 Greta Buildings...but we all know that this will probably not happen ;)

Well, I'm kinda thinking Inno did this on purpose, they had to release some GBs but for whatever reason, they didn't want those to be any good. Most of higher age cities with advanced players are anyway based solely on GBs. How many buildings you actually build from any particular age (higher one)? Barracks, ok, and what else? They dis-balanced a game with GBs already, maybe they were afraid to disbalance it even more, where only GBs are ruling.

So when we complain about SAM GBs and how Inno didn't see no one will build them, we can also say they are wasting development and design time into ages for buildings no one cares about or ever build them.

If things are different tho, if Inno wanted to give us good/interesting GBs, then someone should get fired. However, I have a really, really hard time accepting they thought people will be interested in those GBs, PvP nerf to Virgo just goes in line with that thought "oh damn, did we make a borderline useful GB? Nerf it to the ground!"

DeletedUser96901

for the record
the optimal score (= 64 wins and no losses) in GE is 866 888