• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
There were people commenting that they didnt want it changed. Infact due to the few that had their opinion/feedback heard the GB is now pointless to build. The % of chance and limited amounts of attempts per 24 hr the only real benefit has now/will been removed. Especially for higher era players that will soon get through the maps, if they play on PC version they have gvg to use it with. App players will have only GE for a good while and that's only over 6 days at best. Most complete in a few days max.

So if anything I would say "some players feedback doesn't matter" just the ones that whined the loudest did.

Agent327

Overlord
Where I disagree with you is when you say that Player feedback does not matter. In this case, the decision was made following precisely players' feedback on the Beta Forum. There are instances when our opinions have been taken into consideration.

What do you feel the use of a beta should be? Test things and adjust them before they go to the live servers, or just see if the new game parts can be played, so the game can continue and to hell with the mistakes you might have made on the new buildings? I can give yopu plenty of examples where feedback on the beta led to nothing and buildings were nerfed when the game was already running on the live servers. Crystal Villa's is a pretty good example of that. Same is the Oracle. If player feedback would matter they would adjust it BEFORE it goed to the live servers. Not afterwards, evry time all the time.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Why it's going live first is not something I have an answer for unfortunately yet. Based on that thread, it appears the decision was made late to change it. The Envoy's post was only made last Friday. Beta feedback is just that. Feedback. I think its pretty valuable myself. I've seen several instances where player feedback on beta has had an impact and things get changed or re balanced. I have also seen that happen here. There will be times of course when even though players want something, it won't happen for a variety of reasons, some technical, some cost etc. In this case a change is being made. The issue for players is not that feedback wasn't listened to so much as why the changes aren't being made first. I also agree it should have been in the announcement and I've added it. As to why, I've asked the question and will hopefully have some further answers on Monday.

I hope Inno publishes the caveat to the announcement in the message center.;)

DeletedUser116872

Why it's going live first is not something I have an answer for unfortunately yet. Based on that thread, it appears the decision was made late to change it. The Envoy's post was only made last Friday. Beta feedback is just that. Feedback. I think its pretty valuable myself. I've seen several instances where player feedback on beta has had an impact and things get changed or re balanced. I have also seen that happen here. There will be times of course when even though players want something, it won't happen for a variety of reasons, some technical, some cost etc. In this case a change is being made. The issue for players is not that feedback wasn't listened to so much as why the changes aren't being made first. I also agree it should have been in the announcement and I've added it. As to why, I've asked the question and will hopefully have some further answers on Monday.

Coming from a software engineering background, I absolutely agree with most of this. I don't think you could call this a case of "players wanting something" as this was feedback on the test server and really any potential change should be implemented and tested on the test server BEFORE it went anywhere near live. Beta players have been giving feedback on this for a month already too. My assumption here is that due to many of the events being tied to real world events and timelines is that the release process is probably not very flexible so to avoid dropping multiple features at once or a long delay to the Mars release it was done now so it was out before the next football event.

The result of the handling of this is many unhappy players, which I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big drop in revenue compared with previous updates.

Deleted member 109369

It still is being done because of beta feedback. its just not being done before it goes live.
I hope Inno publishes the caveat to the announcement in the message center.;)

I've asked about that as well as there will be an ingame notice

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 109369

Coming from a software engineering background, I absolutely agree with most of this. I don't think you could call this a case of "players wanting something"

No, that was a general observation of beta feedback not necessarily specific to this, in that sometimes feedback will be implemented and sometimes not, depending on any number of things.

In this case, we've heard that it will be implemented. The question that is wanting answering by players is "why after it goes live" As I've said though, I've asked some questions on this specific scenario and once I have some answers, I'll be back with an update

DeletedUser109428

Previous era goods will still of course be needed for GE for example. If you upgrade your special buildings such as a Terrace farm, to Mars age they will produce mars age goods,
Any chance that there will special event buildings capable of providing Mars Ore, as an alternative to only doing this on Mars? Also, will the incidents provide the occasional Mars Ore reward?

Deleted member 109369

Any chance that there will special event buildings capable of providing Mars Ore, as an alternative to only doing this on Mars? Also, will the incidents provide the occasional Mars Ore reward?

I'd be surprised if they did. They don't now for special buildings or incidents. In testing, certainly none of my special buildings produced Mars Ore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Seems like, going to Mars age will mean you will get less fp then previous ages (Especially VR, since no more FE goods, goods that sell for hundreds of FP's constantly), Both GB's in mars look and sound terrible. to go from the HC, which is an incredible GB, to these 2? lol.

They really need to buff both of them, not nerf one. I mean the GB that gives Previous era goods? Just use the market at a 2-1 rate at any age in the game, you'd end up with more goods using good producing buildings themselves, much more goods, for less space and no FP cost?

Even the Dyna Tower is better right? Just aid a couple people in your hood and you'd end up with both current era and previous era goods. A lot more versatile plus it costs goods that are basically given away for free.

So we have a GB that may as well not exist, and a Rocket that only use is if you actually do combat the last area of GE4. And even then if you can combat that already you don't need Virgo.

Looks like a cool age, but interesting that it would have so many disadvantages for entering it.

DeletedUser112892

There were people commenting that they didnt want it changed. Infact due to the few that had their opinion/feedback heard the GB is now pointless to build. The % of chance and limited amounts of attempts per 24 hr the only real benefit has now/will been removed. Especially for higher era players that will soon get through the maps, if they play on PC version they have gvg to use it with. App players will have only GE for a good while and that's only over 6 days at best. Most complete in a few days max.

So if anything I would say "some players feedback doesn't matter" just the ones that whined the loudest did.
Couldn't agree more. Players were complaining so much because of a GB that provided low amount of low percent chances for killing half of the enemy army. Now, Virgo has been nerfed so much that players are just avoiding to build it.
In the guild I am in, only 3-4 out of more than 65 players want to build it. I wanted too, but excluding the Nuke ability from PvP has made it almost useless.
If PvP was already excluded as the possibility for using the Nuke ability, we should at least have unlimited amount of low percent chances below 10%, similar to AO.

DeletedUser96901

if you make it unlimited amount then you make it 100% on world map on all sectors
attack and abort if it not kill half unless it strikes

DeletedUser14484

What do you feel the use of a beta should be? Test things and adjust them before they go to the live servers, or just see if the new game parts can be played, so the game can continue and to hell with the mistakes you might have made on the new buildings? I can give yopu plenty of examples where feedback on the beta led to nothing and buildings were nerfed when the game was already running on the live servers. Crystal Villa's is a pretty good example of that. Same is the Oracle. If player feedback would matter they would adjust it BEFORE it goed to the live servers. Not afterwards, evry time all the time.

You are talking about 2 different issues:

- Things are tested and discussed on the Beta server. Sometimes they are adjusted after players' feedback, either because there is a technical problem or because a lot of players find the new element "unfair". This means that part of the players will be unhappy because they thought that this new element was good. In this, the Beta server fulfills its role.

- Things are being modfied or will be modified on the Beta, but the developpers still launch the novelties on the live servers, knowing that changes will have to made afterwards. This, of course, is difficult to understand. Only people who follow closely the forum will be aware of the issues and will not build the problematic building.

This is not, strictly speaking a Beta server issue, it is a problem at a higher level with developpers or/and in Innogames administration.
And thanks to @Lady Marlena who is investigating. Your community manager is much more active than on the French forum ;):)

ProudMary

Private
In the announcement on the log in page, they did say that the Virgo's "Launch attack" will be removed for pvp, but there will be an announcement about this later

Agent327

Overlord
- Things are tested and discussed on the Beta server. Sometimes they are adjusted after players' feedback, either because there is a technical problem or because a lot of players find the new element "unfair". This means that part of the players will be unhappy because they thought that this new element was good. In this, the Beta server fulfills its role.
Sometimes they are adjusted???? Except from Event prizes this is the first time ever something gets adjusted on the beta

- Things are being modfied or will be modified on the Beta, but the developpers still launch the novelties on the live servers, knowing that changes will have to made afterwards. This, of course, is difficult to understand. Only people who follow closely the forum will be aware of the issues and will not build the problematic building.

Things are not modified on the beta. The moment something is brought to the beta, the release date for the live servers stands. Nothing will prevent that to happen, no matter what the feedback or found bugs brings.

And thanks to @Lady Marlena who is investigating. Your community manager is much more active than on the French forum ;):)

So basically, players on other live servers, like the french one, are screwed.

You take away the only real chance a low end player has to battle and win against the higher players in their hood! Why?

The Higher, more powerful a player is, the less they need to have a GB that kills half an army.

As usual, inno makes changes and the only ones really impacted are the low-end players - LOL

MP75

Master Corporal
You take away the only real chance a low end player has to battle and win against the higher players in their hood! Why?

The Higher, more powerful a player is, the less they need to have a GB that kills half an army.

As usual, inno makes changes and the only ones really impacted are the low-end players - LOL
You won't have a chance against a very powerful neighbor even with a level 100 Virgo,that will make that neighbor to build his defence higher than it is and beat you with 3 units left (4 killed by Virgo and 1 by Kraken).As a plunderer i have seen such neighbors,LOL.
Don't forget that if a lower player will have a Virgo,a more powerful enemy of yours will have it bigger than you,it will be a madness,just when The Arc has been released :lol:

MP75

Master Corporal
The only GB from Space Age Mars i'll build will be Star Gazer because is the only GB that gives refined goods,even if those goods are from the previous era,those goods will always be needed to unlock GE difficulties,negociating encounters,helping someone with trades and being 5x5 is quite good to have it .