• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Keep up the good work! Finally I managed to get back home from Mars :)

Forwandert

Major-General
As Mars becomes redundant when the next era starts, and you build the 2 new gb's on Mars, will the 2 gb's still be effective after Mars?

Sorry just quoting your post as I cant find this info. Where does it say Mars will become redundant? As that leads to some potential questions for after Mars! Devs already seem to be going off on a tangent that doesn't follow the mechanics of what's available already so I wouldnt be surprised either way.

If mars becomes redundant and that essentially means if you stuck to the whole "building mars goods buildings in mars" will the following era not require any Mars goods at all? Or ore as you wouldnt have access to tokens. Also if Mars just disappears why is one of the final techs another Mars colony expansion? As there wouldnt be a major point in producing ore/goods after that point.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Sorry just quoting your post as I cant find this info. Where does it say Mars will become redundant? As that leads to some potential questions for after Mars! Devs already seem to be going off on a tangent that doesn't follow the mechanics of what's available already so I wouldnt be surprised either way.

If mars becomes redundant and that essentially means if you stuck to the whole "building mars goods buildings in mars" will the following era not require any Mars goods at all? Or ore as you wouldnt have access to tokens. Also if Mars just disappears why is one of the final techs another Mars colony expansion? As there wouldnt be a major point in producing ore/goods after that point.

Look at the name of the first tech of the next age, "Mars Goods Synthesising". It looks like their plans is it just give you Mars goods production the moment you enter the next age, so most likely will require those goods for the starting tech, like usual. It is weird to me as well. Why not just leave the Mars colony as is? A lot of development time for it.

must be a big joke
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Star_Gazer

from level 70 to 80 it gives 2 more goods

are you guys crazy ?
a lousy goods bonus and then not even a linear increase but getting so worse in the higher levels

pfft hahahahaha so a bad GB even has bad rates at higher levels.

From 59-80 you get 7 more goods a day XD Looks like if anyone actually builds this (lol) best level to stop at would be 47-48, almost no point to go any higher.

Forwandert

Major-General
Look at the name of the first tech of the next age, "Mars Goods Synthesising". It looks like their plans is it just give you Mars goods production the moment you enter the next age, so most likely will require those goods for the starting tech, like usual. It is weird to me as well. Why not just leave the Mars colony as is? A lot of development time for it.

Could potentially be the Mars goods buildings can then be used in your main city maybe the token ones although that would take up some space if you hadn't stored a lot, I cant see any other way around it. Any other way if you've tapped the odd diamond on producing ore you've wasted them if they're not required so there has to be some use after even if for a limited time on techs and map.

Have to say the gbs seem to be a real success seen 3 virgos on the server I'm on. The players with them have had to self add to get them levelled even upto level 10. Some didnt even get that far. The other GB haven't seen one cant even remember its name.

Cinnebar

Private
Have to admit that I've been looking forward to entering the SAM era. However ...it's going to be a while before i am able to produce any mars ore and since my GBs (that say they produce "unrefined goods that are needed to produce goods from the current age" ) DON'T .. that seems to need remedied/changed.

Perhaps INNO will have mercy on us and offer some ore in events or some kind of ore supply building we can place in our terrestrial cities

Agent327

Overlord
Have to admit that I've been looking forward to entering the SAM era. However ...it's going to be a while before i am able to produce any mars ore and since my GBs (that say they produce "unrefined goods that are needed to produce goods from the current age" ) DON'T .. that seems to need remedied/changed.

Game changed so you need to adapt. Not likely it will be changed, so it is up to you.

Perhaps INNO will have mercy on us and offer some ore in events or some kind of ore supply building we can place in our terrestrial cities

No way that will ever happen.

Is there any news on if/when Virgo is going to get nerfed? And are you going to adjust it any other way?..
I’ve happened upon the BP’s to build it and I could hit my guildmate up for the goods (as I’m only AF atm).. if your going to give it something decent like FP’s I’d be tempted to build it..
Also are there any plans to adjust Star Gazer? The way it is now I can’t see anyone building it tbh (haven’t seen a single one on Cirgard..) if you give it a decent secondary boost (even guild prestige/power) it might tempt a few people to build it..

You need to consider you are only referring to this. the EN server. Feedback was obtained across ALL servers and we dont know what feedback was given from those.

Sorry no that's not correct. My post and the post I was replying to are referring to the feedback on Beta server, the thread that was created by inno just to provide feedback on the 2 GBs, separate from the SA:M feedback thread. The decision to exclude PvP was taken before release to the live servers (but not the implementation), based on the feedback on Beta. That's what the discussion was about.

My post that you quoted is a reply to a claim that the biggest feedback on that Beta thread was a request to exclude PvP and that inno listened to that biggest concern. I don't think that's what that thread shows at all, and hence my post.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

Is there any news on if/when Virgo is going to get nerfed? And are you going to adjust it any other way?..
I’ve happened upon the BP’s to build it and I could hit my guildmate up for the goods (as I’m only AF atm).. if your going to give it something decent like FP’s I’d be tempted to build it..
if: for sure
when: we know it when it will be announced

you should expect that only PvP is removed (worst case scenario)

if then the GB isn't good enough for you: don't build it now
but you shouldn't expect to get FP for compensation

because you already know that the GB is nerfed so a compensation like FP is not necessary

Also are there any plans to adjust Star Gazer? The way it is now I can’t see anyone building it tbh (haven’t seen a single one on Cirgard..) if you give it a decent secondary boost (even guild prestige/power)
it is not possible to give it power/prestige
because it already has an active (collectable) bonus

power/prestige would also an active bonus

if they would add a second bonus it would be a passive one (like happiness)

if: for sure
when: we know it when it will be announced

you should expect that only PvP is removed (worst case scenario)

if then the GB isn't good enough for you: don't build it now
but you shouldn't expect to get FP for compensation

because you already know that the GB is nerfed so a compensation like FP is not necessary

it is not possible to give it power/prestige
because it already has an active (collectable) bonus

power/prestige would also an active bonus

if they would add a second bonus it would be a passive one (like happiness)
The way TVP is I won’t bother building it (not yet anyway as I have no issues fighting in AF) IMO it needs something.. at the very least the coin output doubling to bring it more in line with the supplies output of HC especially considering its an age higher.. (even then I probably wouldn’t build it though tbh)
For the masses to want to build it it’d need to have an FP bonus.. then every man & his dog will want one!..
As far as a passive bonus for star gazer goes happiness wouldn’t really cut it for me as we have enough GB’s that give happiness already.. Defence bonus might be nice.? I know we have Deal & St.Basils already but then you could at least negate the space it takes up by removing a few Watchfires & Ritual flames..
Also IMO that needs its output increasing somewhat to make it actually worth building or give it a dropdown menu where you could choose the age of goods you want it to produce (1x age below, 2x 2 ages below, 3x 3 ages below maybe)
It can’t be satisfying for the devs to spend all that time designing and developing a GB for it to end up as another white elephant like the Colosseum (can’t be good for diamond spending either.. who’s gonna spend diamonds getting the BP’s/goods for it as it is?..)

DeletedUser653

For Mars that would mean abondon all side quests to get to the RQ's. No way you can do it fast without abandoning them.

most of the fast players in my guild have abandoned all the side quests to get back top the RQ, the goods they are getting from HC and CF bonus means we are gaining goods much faster than most players. the loss of side quests is easily made up from all the RQ we can now do rather than waiting days for the next quest to be completed

Agent327

Overlord
most of the fast players in my guild have abandoned all the side quests to get back top the RQ, the goods they are getting from HC and CF bonus means we are gaining goods much faster than most players. the loss of side quests is easily made up from all the RQ we can now do rather than waiting days for the next quest to be completed

I know, but Mars ore is the bottleneck in the techtree. Can't do that techtree fast anyhow, so I am picking up some sidequests.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Edit - Just noticed that Agent made the same point in an earlier post - it's not just me then!

Does anyone else's mars colony look as boring as mine? I have just filled it with little pods to collect the credits to pay for exploration. No goods buildings are required if you have a few Terrace Farms or if you do the RQs, therefore no need for any of the other sundry buildings on the colony either. I'm enjoying the age, but the colony itself is a bit dull.

Last edited:

DeletedUser653

Praeceptor, most players have just pods, 59 of them, a few have updated to new houses based on tech tree progress, but very few building Mars goods.

Not sure this was INNO's intention because theres no use for life support for just houses and so that bit of the game is totally avoided by most.

Forwandert

Major-General
I wouldnt worry too much about updating. With every mine open provided you collect your pod tokens they will still be more than enough for producing ore.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I wouldnt worry too much about updating. With every mine open provided you collect your pod tokens they will still be more than enough for producing ore.

Yes, that's what I'm finding. I can't see any reason to visit my colony more than once a day now. SA:M has idea, but it's not really very compelling for the majority of players.

Agent327

Overlord
maybe they don't have enough mars ore

players who don't use diamonds to scout just reached the first province with mars ore today

Doesn't matter. You do not need the colony to produce Mars goods. All you need it for is to get ore. For that you need credits. So you place pods. That's all you need. There is no need to place goods buildings, so there also is no nee to place life support buildings. They came up with a new concept that players can ignore.

DeletedUser96901

Doesn't matter. You do not need the colony to produce Mars goods. All you need it for is to get ore. For that you need credits. So you place pods. That's all you need. There is no need to place goods buildings, so there also is no nee to place life support buildings. They came up with a new concept that players can ignore.
but I can produce goods if I play long enough to get enough mars ore

on beta I have 13 goods buildings running
obviously without life support. because that is a waste of space

beta mars.jpg