• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age Mars

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Boorg

Captain
The 1.145 update was in FEBRUARY.

Announcing a medal expansion in MAY to come with a new Age and then telling us that expansion is the same one as given THREE MONTHS earlier is quite ridiculous.

I'm certain a lot of players will appreciate a medal expansion being released as expected with this new Age. Call it good customer service.

I was also expecting a Victory Expansion with the release of SAM as I thought that the Victory Expansion released with 1.145 Update regarded the final part of Virtual Future but we have been told that the Victory Expansion released with 1.145 Update regards SAM release.

:( :( :(

DeletedUser116027

dont like the new era its boring its like viking settlements an i never even did first one mars colony is just the same
the only good thing about it is players cant actually brag that they completed it in less than 10 mins bonus an be bragging in global about they have the new gbs at 10 an above in less than 10 mins or more lol lol

DeletedUser7767

Well done Inno, after about 7 years of playing you have finally developed something that will make me consider quitting. 4 extractions, 23 mars ore! Are you sh**ting me? You need 3.5k to finish the research so unless you are a diamond player its going to take about 6 months. Boring!

Agent327

Overlord
its been done this way for the last few errors, although yes, it can cause some confusion.

Errors or era's?

I have to say I find Mars a very strange concept. My goods buildings I have to build in the Colony and in order to produce goods I need Mars ore. Mars ore is very hard to get, cause you need to take provinces for that and scouting ofcourse takes 2 days every time.

On the other hand I do not need that Colony at all. My special buildings can produce way more Mars goods than I could with good buildings in the Colony and they do not need Mars ore, so what's the use of the Colony? All I need to do there is get credits. Credits will get me ore. I do not have to bother about good buildings, or life support buildings. I can totally ignore those.

All I need is Mars ore for my techtree. Once I have enough I can ditch the Colony. This is similar to the harbours. Totrally useless after a while.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
Dont think they could have adjusted it any other way for the goods buildings, or at least without over complicating it.

Do find it strange that life support doesn't restrict credit producing buildings though. If it had been done so you needed 120% life support to start credit production or they produced at 50% it would have at least made it a little harder rather than just building 50+ drop pods.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Essentially, they made Mars Age an Age that you can't just skip over? Cause it is easy to get the goods without needing a colony, and of course the next age will give the good production in your city anyway, and no more mars ore since you lose your colony? So just Mars ore it up until You finished the tree then you can go into the next age that hopefully has GB that are actually useful and not terrible.

DeletedUser116027

Well done Inno, after about 7 years of playing you have finally developed something that will make me consider quitting. 4 extractions, 23 mars ore! Are you sh**ting me? You need 3.5k to finish the research so unless you are a diamond player its going to take about 6 months. Boring!
exactly got one on my FL looks like hes bought a ton to get stuff whats point honestly ive been playing coming upto 6 yrs an this is seriously boring not worth doing its atrocious if they intentended this to stop people completing tech so quickly then they are sorely mistaken i feel your pain Lucius

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Major-General
You can get more, I've had 20/25 on one extraction. Just try to get as many extraction points open as possible and it'll soon add up.

Agent327

Overlord
Essentially, they made Mars Age an Age that you can't just skip over? Cause it is easy to get the goods without needing a colony, and of course the next age will give the good production in your city anyway, and no more mars ore since you lose your colony? So just Mars ore it up until You finished the tree then you can go into the next age that hopefully has GB that are actually useful and not terrible.

It's the same as promethium and orichalcum. Once you have enough you can stop. Only thing missing is an option to remove the colony.

DeletedUser11207

I was also expecting a Victory Expansion with the release of SAM as I thought that the Victory Expansion released with 1.145 Update regarded the final part of Virtual Future but we have been told that the Victory Expansion released with 1.145 Update regards SAM release.

Well it stinks.

I checked the February update announcement and nowhere does it say, this medal expansion is for an Age to be released 3 months from now. So that is clearly part of the Virtual Future updates.

They should release another medal expansion, for this new Age that has been released now, not February.

Forwandert

Major-General
Dont think they're going to throw too many in for free. The cost for the 3 newly opened diamond expansions is around £65.

I think we’d all love another medal expansion (I have 41m+ I can’t do anything with and I’m sure some people have many more than me..)
Will there be something to do with them when GBG releases I wander? Or something to do with the masses of High end goods in the guild treasury that even GvG has no use for?..