• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Space Age - Asteroid Belt feedback

DeletedUser116545

How to sum up this threat:

~80% of people: "don't like new era because of the units"
~10% of people: "FOE doesn't care about our complains"

This guys care a lot more then some other companies. Just because they made one aspect of the whole era be - in your opinion - worse then the era before it, doesn't mean they don't care. For those of us who care about the story, it makes perfect sense why this new units don't have range - because they weren't build for combat. They are mining equipment, designed to mine for ore. So they were not designed to have long range capability.

And while we're on the subject of units having no range except for artillery and long ranged units - In my personal opinion, we've all been spoiled by all units have range. What's the point of using let's say Rapid Fire Cannon or Sniper when Tank has better defenses, and can do more damage, at a slightly shorter range then the two? I say it's about time we return to basically bronze age when it comes to range.

INOGAMES is just trying something new with this units. They did the same with Medusa where they gave Oceanic Future era unit, 0 movement, and the ability Rapid Deployment meaning that it was a gamble for it to spawn where you'd want it, or how they gave all units of Space Age Mars ability Keen Eye which is way too broken in my opinion. Nobody complained about Medusa basically being a sitting duck, and everyone loves Mars units for how "good" they are, but take away our range and suddenly: "OH NO! Don't go to the asteroid belt! Wait until Venus!"

Go on, tell me I'm wrong. The moment you do, I win.

DeletedUser109065

losing access to the mars map is an awful move, because it removes your ability to get mars ore which you then require for the new age.

losing the credits you have built up is terrible, sometimes currencies have an exchange rate, so there would be money changers

Forwandert

Major-General
The colony is far too dark for my liking, can hardly see anything

Dont know if it's my eyes adjusting to the light or actually happened but filled out with abodes it seems a lot lighter.

The actual graphics when you scroll around the colony are pretty cool, some asteroids are in front of the colony when you zoom in, some behind. you do get the sense of looking over the edge from some positions when you zoom. Someone has put a lot of thought and effort into the colony and it really shows the more you look around. Didnt really pay much attention earlier on today but I just spent some time zooming in and out in awe.

Dont know if it's my eyes adjusting to the light or actually happened but filled out with abodes it seems a lot lighter.

The actual graphics when you scroll around the colony are pretty cool, some asteroids are in front of the colony when you zoom in, some behind. you do get the sense of looking over the edge from some positions when you zoom. Someone has put a lot of thought and effort into the colony and it really shows the more you look around. Didnt really pay much attention earlier on today but I just spent some time zooming in and out in awe.
You are right on both counts :)

It certainly is brighter now and the graphics are stunning

DeletedUser115071

the best possible scenario was to give a full set of the new GB justbecause you locked out the map to get mars ore.. this is just bad design of a new era
also there was no warning that the access is going to be cut off so I am basically losing around 500 mars ore while I wait 15 hours just for the buildings to be build... and I don't know even how many mars ore I am getting in the production buildings..
stop with the double roads being necessary as well, this is just again bad design
the other thing is that the units are WAY weaker than OF units, they don't even come close to VF or SAM units even with military boost...
I would rate the new era 0/10
also why is there beta testing if nothing is going to be done about it and listen to the community

Giskler

Legend
the best possible scenario was to give a full set of the new GB justbecause you locked out the map to get mars ore.. this is just bad design of a new era
also there was no warning that the access is going to be cut off so I am basically losing around 500 mars ore while I wait 15 hours just for the buildings to be build... and I don't know even how many mars ore I am getting in the production buildings..
stop with the double roads being necessary as well, this is just again bad design
the other thing is that the units are WAY weaker than OF units, they don't even come close to VF or SAM units even with military boost...
I would rate the new era 0/10
also why is there beta testing if nothing is going to be done about it and listen to the community
Go read the beta forum, you'll find all of your complains ad naseum.

In other news, my SC has so far given me 2x200 fps. I approve.