• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sound in Battles

DeletedUser

• World
    Brisgard
  • Browser and Version
    Chrome/27.0.1453.110
  • Overview of the bug
    • Sounds are not always playing when multiple sounds are played closely after each other. For instance, the sound is only played once for 2 muskets firing quick after each other. All sounds should be played, even if they are played close to each other.
    • Sounds are only timed to match the normal (>) animationspeed. This means that when playing animations on fast or fastest mode, the visual attack comes first, and then some seconds later the sound. The sound should always be matched by the animation, regardless of animation speed.
  • Screenshots
    None (audio).
  • How often this occurs
    Always.
  • Urgency
    Medium (minor).
  • Preventative Actions
    None, unless running animations on normal speed and waiting some seconds before each attack counts.
  • Summary
    • Sounds are not always playing when multiple sounds are played closely after each other.
    • Sounds are only timed to match the normal (>) animationspeed.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported
    Yes, couldn't find any similiar reported problem.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum
    Yes, without success.

DeletedUser7719

Same problem here:
1.03.15302 (12.06.2013 12:19), byeordie (363444), en6, en_US, WIN 11,7,700,225, Windows 8, Chrome/27.0.1453.110, 1364x707

DeletedUser

*bump*

I understand that the urgency of this bug isn't so high, but it has gone 10 days now without even any changed status or information? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I confirm that the sounds are very delayed at times, however, even with muskets and firing in quick succession I heard every sound albeit delayed.

DeletedUser

I confirm that the sounds are very delayed at times, however, even with muskets and firing in quick succession I heard every sound albeit delayed.

Thanks for your input FacetiousMIke.

Try to attack someone that has 2 spears (just for simplifying the test) with 2 (or more) muskets. Make sure that both muskets are able to fire on the same spear directly after each other (without moving or anything). If you fire both muskets directly after each other, you'll hear that the second musket is firing without any sound :)

I think that the reason is because the game engine (sound engine) in some way isn't able to play 2 sound effects (not music) at once.

DeletedUser

I did exactly that :) don't worry I tested it thoroughly :P but it was just reaaaaly delayed - the second musketeer firing sound was still playing when the spear had died and the battle results came up

DeletedUser

Hmm strange, because when my units make sounds that are too close to each other, only 1 sound is played :(

Byeordie, do you just have the delay-sound-problem or does yours also skip sounds?