• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some noob questions regarding advancement and GBs

DeletedUser96901

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. I have another question, what happens in Guild Expedition when you advance an age in the middle of the week? The encounters and rewards are based on your age, so will they change or stay the same?
relics will be from your new age

Galladhorn

Monarch
Getting an early Arc.

ARC
There is no doubt that the Arc is about the most "featured" GB´s in the game today because at already menitonen above – at level 80 it gives the player around 90% back of what you invest in other GB´s. But if you get the Arc to early chances are that you do not have enough FP income to actually invest properly in other GB´s and taking the winning spots and thereby using tha Arc´s advantage. The GB investment game is nearly a game wihtin the game itself. An Arc does not help much if you can not utilize its main feature, getting FP ROI (Return of Investment).

Secondary if you get it early expect a very long road unless you have "rich" friends that are willing to level your Arc fast. If you have such freinds then yes do it. The Arc starts to get really good at around level 16, then peaks at level 50 with a slow declining curve landing at the "famous" level 80 giving 90% back. At level 80 u can really start to invest and play the GB leveling game, meaning a huge flow of FP´s in you inventory and the option to start leveling your other GB´s in a much faster rate giving you great bonuses.

Only if you choose to stay in a certain Era for very long time it will at some point be really great to get that Arc. But before that you do need the essential GB´s, you need to balance your supplies and coin income so that you always make a surplus. You need to make choices that fit your playstile meaning choosing the right GB´s that help your play, be it Fighting, Trading/producing or a balanced mix.

TECHING
The teching part of the game is best played in a pre planned way. That means to go and check the coming Tech Tree of the next Era. The player needs to find out what are the best buildings, units etc. of the next Era, since that varies throughout all the Eras. If you can not rush through the next tech tree then you need to set "Tech points" of what you want to unlock first, like taking it in stages. The worst thing to do is entering a new Era with the head under the arm – You simply risk stalling because you either can not figth your way through and/or have the Goods/Resources to make the unlocks. In really bad instances Teching with no plan can set you back for weeks. There are some Era changes that are more demanding that others. E.g From Idustrial Age your houses starts to become bigger (no more 2x2 spaces) and already at the entry of Progressive Era the Doublelane roads become a part of the game. DL roads are far less effective than single lane roads, they give less Happiness and take about 3 times the space of normals roads. Last in higher Era you will reach the point where you need Goods to produce Goods, that part surprices many players and they get frustrated if the basics are not good and they did not plan for it.

GB´s
There exists now a quite huge amount of GB´s to choose from, but they are far from equally good.
Several are outright outdated and should not be build. Others are very essential and should be build. (unless it´s a Diamond City).

Zeus: wether you are figther or not, having the early Zeus is simply a Yes. It is the smallest GB and gives you better Attack stats.
Which I why you might find top level players with Zues GBs above level 100.

LoA: This 4x4 ligthhouse is essential for early production boost. It can later be exchanged witt the larger RaH Royal Albert Hall - They both do the same and some have a great play with just the LoA.

St.Marks: This GB is highly essential in boosting your coin income. Essentially is fixes any coins problem you might have) it does not need to be leveled to an extreme high. Even top players are doing just fine with levels from 6 –12.

The Rock aka Alcatraz: if you like to fight in any of the fighting modes, having the largest GB is a must. Happiness + Unattached units each day.

Frontenach: This hotel boost everthing you win – and with the amount of questlines and other events, when playing for a long time this GB is of immense value.

The Arc: You got the description and advices above. If possible to level fast in early game then yes, else add it when your city has reached a stronger foundation and higher FP income.

If you play a "regular" game taking the time it takes to get to new Era´s in a steady and balanced way, then always consider to level production GB´s before entering a new Era - nearly everything escalates and so some GB´s need to follow.

For nearly all other GB´s consider what they give in first and secondary output/bonus and if that benefits your playstyle.
The stonger your city are and if you have the above mentioned GB´s then avoid GB´s that gives only Happiness and Coins. In higher Eras these GB´s are worthless and simply occupies a lot of space - many house types will pay more coins that some of these GBs and the amount of special buildings also removes any reason to build such GB´s. Thus when you finally take them down you loose all the FP invested and the Ranking points that come a long with them.

Possible with some exceptions GB´s that include FP´s in their output are a good hint to decent GB´s. You can research this further in the forums – Many clever and dedicated players have calculated various GB´s and given guides to what GB´s are still viable and which to avoid.

Else I am sure others here in this thread can name several GB´s that should not be build.

Cheers ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser115557

Thanks for the replies.

I'm in iron age currently, for GBs I only have a lvl 4 Zeus and lvl 2 LoA.
Hold on. Extreme noob question. I'm halfway through Late Middle Ages and I don't have enough blueprints (despite trade-ins) for a single GB yet. Am I supposed to spend some diamonds for missing blueprints?

DeletedUser

Hold on. Extreme noob question. I'm halfway through Late Middle Ages and I don't have enough blueprints (despite trade-ins) for a single GB yet. Am I supposed to spend some diamonds for missing blueprints?

Manually aiding or plundering specific buildings from the era you need bp’s from can help as wel as invest some fp’s in another’s GB of your interest.