• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some clarification please

DeletedUser103370

The "rules" of what to ask, what not, guides how to format props. etc. are explained in details, but I can't find any info on how things work here in the ideas section, like:

• what does "warm/scorching hot" etc. mean, how is it decided (ie. how many +1/-1), who decides it, and based on what?
  • how many +1s needed for an idea to be considered or be forwarded to the devs? who counts the +1s? are only the +1s important, or perhaps the ratio of +1s/-1s too?

It'd be nice to see these things pinned as well, transparency could ease the minds of conspiracy theorists, and frankly, it'd be good to know for people who are spending their time, and making effort to come up with ideas trying to help the game grow in a good way.

To simply put I'd like to know how biased the system is, and how it works under the surface. Thanks.

877.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

The "rules" of what to ask, what not, guides how to format props. etc. are explained in details,
That can be found in the pinned threads at the top of the ideas section.

As for the rest....I -think- the 'heat' of a thread is based on how much chatter is going on in it, or a lot of +1's in a short time period....or both.

DeletedUser103370

That can be found in the pinned threads at the top of the ideas section.

As for the rest....I -think- the 'heat' of a thread is based on how much chatter is going on in it, or a lot of +1's in a short time period....or both.

What's not explained is how many of those needed, how is it calculated (ratio based or not), who does the counting etc?
I mean I'm pretty sure none of that is automatic, since I can see threads with a serious number of posts, still not getting any change, what I want to know is who does the decision and based on what? Because it seems to me that a limited number of people have the power in deciding which prop is forwarded, and by the look it seems it depends more on how much those decision makers like a proposal rather than on number of likes only.

Why I'm saying this? Go and check out proposals which were forwarded for consideration, and you'll see that many-many of them have less +1s than other proposals, which were simply ditched or forgotten.

DeletedUser110195

I honestly am not sure, maybe they only count '+1's' in the form of actually clicking like on the original post, or maybe a mod actually does scan through the thread counting +1's....idk, but I too would be interested to know the answer to this.

DeletedUser103370

I honestly am not sure, maybe they only count '+1's' in the form of actually clicking like on the original post, or maybe a mod actually does scan through the thread counting +1's....idk, but I too would be interested to know the answer to this.

Yeah, what makes it even more dark, that it seems no one really wanna answer :)

DeletedUser103370

Since there is no answer from anyone, I'm asking the moderators now directly, if they could PLEASE shed some light on this!

Thank you.

ps. after I checked, I've only found two of the forum management team, @Amy Steele and @OVERTYPE.
Maybe you've missed my post, so now I've tagged both of you. Thank you for your answer in advance.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks, apologies for not replying here before now. The following information regarding the 'heat' of a Popular idea was inadvertently left out of the new Ideas sticky, but has now been added back in to that post:

"Exceptionally within the 'Popular' popular subforum we use a system denoting how popular an idea is, based on the balance of +1s and -1s. The idea being that players will quickly and easily be able to identify how popular an idea is.

These prefixes are:
'warm', for an idea that is gaining popularity, with a balance of at least +5
'hot', for ideas that have a balance of at least +10
and 'scorching' for the most popular ideas, with a balance of at least +15
Ideas within this section will not usually be forwarded until they achieve a balance of at least +20, but this is not a hard and fast rule.

These prefixes will usually be applied to ideas within the 'Popular' subforum, though initially an idea may be given such a prefix prior to it being moved to that subforum."

Apologies again that this information was left out of the new sticky. Unfortunately it took me some time to find the relevant information. We will be working through threads in the next days and weeks to ensure that all threads currently have the correct 'heat' rating. This will take some time, so please do bear with us in that.

Edit: To clarify, it is currently the number of +1 and -1 posts that are counted to determine the 'heat' of the thread.

Last edited:

DeletedUser110195

I figured it had to do with +1's, but that just adds more confusion for me because I personally have at least 2 ideas that should be in popular based on this, and I'm sure there's scads of others that ought to be but aren't.

Amy Steele

General
Indeed there may well currently be posts that do not have the correct rating - we'll go through threads in the next weeks and make sure everything is where it should be :)

DeletedUser103370

Hey folks, apologies for not replying here before now. The following information regarding the 'heat' of a Popular idea was inadvertently left out of the new Ideas sticky, but has now been added back in to that post:

"Exceptionally within the 'Popular' popular subforum we use a system denoting how popular an idea is, based on the balance of +1s and -1s. The idea being that players will quickly and easily be able to identify how popular an idea is.

These prefixes are:
'warm', for an idea that is gaining popularity, with a balance of at least +5
'hot', for ideas that have a balance of at least +10
and 'scorching' for the most popular ideas, with a balance of at least +15
Ideas within this section will not usually be forwarded until they achieve a balance of at least +20, but this is not a hard and fast rule.

These prefixes will usually be applied to ideas within the 'Popular' subforum, though initially an idea may be given such a prefix prior to it being moved to that subforum."

Apologies again that this information was left out of the new sticky. Unfortunately it took me some time to find the relevant information. We will be working through threads in the next days and weeks to ensure that all threads currently have the correct 'heat' rating. This will take some time, so please do bear with us in that.

Edit: To clarify, it is currently the number of +1 and -1 posts that are counted to determine the 'heat' of the thread.

Thank you for clearing things up, I'd just have a quick question @Amy Steele, wouldn't it be better to simply use a +/- button in each topic, rather than manually counting all the replies in each proposal again and again?

DeletedUser110195

Or better yet...add a dislike button and a dislike counter on forum comments....like old youtube, before google truly wrecked the thing, then you streamline the process. Of course you'd have to announce that this is how it will work some weeks in advance, so people have a chance to get used to hitting that like button, rather than typing +1, and conversely hitting dislike, instead of typing -1.