• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Some Building & Units Statistics Including PE.

DeletedUser7719

Perhaps some ppl may also be too busy to calc old ranges in PE ones, perhaps maybe addeble to ur guide as well, I think they go about this:
Range - Tiles in PE fight
4 - 3
5 - 4
6 - 4
7 - 5
8 - 6
9 - 6
10 - 7
11 - 8
12 - 8
13 - 9
14 - 10
15 - 10
I think movement is a bit more important as you can easily see the range during battle... I'm too lazy to see the exact movement values for terrain though :p

DeletedUser9168

Can someone now complete the points for PE buildings please?
thanks

DeletedUser7719

Try forgestats for a few, but I haven't got the time to test out the other items.

DeletedUser9168

no a lot of it isn't there either (that's where i looked first)

DeletedUser78372

Has any of you mathematicians tried to figure out the formula for min and max damage based on attack and defense value? :-)

i saw it mentioned somewhere in the forum, too lazy to find it again, but it goes some thing like this:

if attackers attack value is 10x (or more) the defenders defense value then there is a chance of 1 hit kill (10 damage)
if they are equal then the damage should be around 5, (probably 4-6)
if its a tenth or less then 0 damage. everything else is interpolated between those 3.

DeletedUser

i saw it mentioned somewhere in the forum, too lazy to find it again, but it goes some thing like this:

if attackers attack value is 10x (or more) the defenders defense value then there is a chance of 1 hit kill (10 damage)
if they are equal then the damage should be around 5, (probably 4-6)
if its a tenth or less then 0 damage. everything else is interpolated between those 3.

So what are you saying is that if A/D > 10 then the max dmg = 10 (according to byeordie's calcs if A/D = 19 then the min dmg = 10) and if the A/D = 1 the expected damage is 5 with min = 4 and max = 6?

Of course it would be ideal if somebody figured the relationship between max/min and A/D. byeordie, any advancments in your investigation? :-P

DeletedUser7719

I wish. I may of found out how damaged unit's attacks are calculated, but I can't be certain yet :(

DeletedUser78372

well it said that if A/D >= 10 then there is a chance of 10 damage, and A/D = 1 then it will be an average of 5 damage. so far it has checked out from what i have experienced, usually if A/D >= 10 it gives 9-10 damage, and i get the feeling that the higher the ratio the more chance i get of a 1 hit kill, but no solid data on this. im still in the colonial age and only recently got the chance to have A/D > 10. but it seems when my boosted musket men hit catapults (50/3=16.6) it usually results in more 1 hit kills than trebs (50/4=12.5).

DeletedUser78372

on another note, calculating production efficiency by produce/hour/space or produce/hour/population is not the best way imho. I usually calculate it using this formula, efficiency = produce/hour/D where D = space of the building + roads required + 6*population required/population of 1 unit of housing of the same age.

6 is the area of a house + the road required for it (it changes to 8 in industrial and 12 in prog era) given you place ur houses the right way :p

as an example Alchemists vs Farms (given you use brownstone houses not townhouses)

Alchies = 180 production / hour. D = 3x2 + 2 + 6*40(population for alchie)/94(population of brownstone) = 10.55
=> Eff. of alchies = 180/10.55 = 17.06

Farms = 730 production / hour. D = 4x5 + 4 + 6*269/94 = 41.17
=> Eff of farms = 730/41.17 = 17.73

this assumes that you place your buildings with the shorter side facing the road.

DeletedUser7719

You also need to note that you are only using half of the road's potential when you connect a building to it, so the average road consumption would actually be about half of the shorter side ;)

DeletedUser3157

on another note, calculating production efficiency by produce/hour/space or produce/hour/population is not the best way imho. I usually...

If I need to maximise my total outputs I usually make a system that includes the supply building, amount of house(s) that building needs, amount of cultural that house needs(accounting my polish habbits) and amount of roads all those 3 need(which u also need to account for giving happiness don't forget). I add it up the tiles and get what I call the footprint size. I also add up the supplies and coins this system gives me to get the total output number. Ratio between output and footprint size is obv the main number u compare between buildings. U could see one older example post of how I approach it in here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...on-thread-Progressive-Era&p=103190#post103190

DeletedUser78372

very valid points byeordie and hint. couldnt follow your example though, but maybe i need another cup of coffee first. but i assume that footprint is the same as what i described earlier except to add space of cb's to keep population happy.