• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Solution to Forum Plundering Argument

• Thread starter DeletedUser105579
  • Start date

DeletedUser105579

This idea has been made because of the numerous heated debates over PVP and plundering in the last few days

Proposal:
A plunder delay

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

None Exist.

Reason:

So the pacifists, PVP lovers, and besieged new players can play in peace together

Details:

Once a building finishes, there will be a timer on that building before its thing can be plundered. This will allow players to collect with a small leeway, and will prevent the so-called "plunderers collecting seconds before I do" arguments.

The Chart:
Production TimePlunder Delay
5 min30 seconds
15 min1 min
1 hr5 min
4 hrs7.5 min
8 hrs12.5 min
24 hrs15 min
48 hrs17.5 min

Again, those numbers are adjustable, but what will happen is for an x time production, once it finishes, there will be a corresponding window of time where the player can collect and it cannot be plundered. Once the time is passed the building can be plundered

Visual Aids:

I'm healthy, thanks

Balance:

Anyone want to give number treaking suggestions?

HTML:
[table="width: 400, class: outer_border, align: center"]
[tr]
	[td]Production Time[/td]
	[td]Plunder Delay[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]5 min[/td]
	[td]30 seconds[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]15 min[/td]
	[td]1 min[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]1 hr[/td]
	[td]5 min[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]4 hrs[/td]
	[td]12.5 min[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]8 hrs[/td]
	[td]20 min[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]24 hrs[/td]
	[td]30 min[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
	[td]48 hrs[/td]
	[td]45 min[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
^Copy and paste that and edit the 2nd number in every set...
(It isn't actually html code but thats the only way I could share BBcode)

Abuse Prevention:

Couldn't think of a way to abuse this...

Summary:
A delay from when a production finishes to when it can be plundered based on the production's time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

Great Idea
Not for me as I don't believe that there should be peace between everyone.
-1 but great idea for the pacifists who want to develop a different game.

DeletedUser

+1 as it stands but I still think a better solution would be to either stop attacks on hopelessly outmatched opponents or at the very least limiting such attacks so that new players aren't being hammered by the same unsporting individual repeatedly on a daily basis - perhaps leaving a few days for the plundered site to recover before it can be attacked again.

DeletedUser653

-1, plundering is part of the game. I would agree to a 5 second delay to help those players facing bots but any longer and it defeats the idea of plundering

DeletedUser105579

+1 as it stands but I still think a better solution would be to either stop attacks on hopelessly outmatched opponents or at the very least limiting such attacks so that new players aren't being hammered by the same unsporting individual repeatedly on a daily basis - perhaps leaving a few days for the plundered site to recover before it can be attacked again.

You will not achieve that in this forum. it is 50-50 for pro plundering and neg plundering, a compromise is the only thing all may agree on

:( Idea promotes inactivity. -1 :(

Thats why I'm asking for timing suggesting changes for the op...
And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to promote inactivity, on the contrary, if this DOES promote inactivity, you will get to plunder whoever you want just as freely... (I think it just offers a little time gap which is what people need, b/c not everyone can collect without 30 seconds of something finishing..)

I have edited and reduced the times a little. This will give new players and besieged players some leeway they need while allowing plundering to happen almost as frequently, and stopping bots at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105579

Oh and I'm -1 for this idea :p
I believe in everyone's right to voice their opinions and so forth, so I have put this up, and I think it is a compromise between both sides, but all the same, I am an attacker and I love my plundering..

DeletedUser2989

Oh and I'm -1 for this idea :p
I believe in everyone's right to voice their opinions and so forth, so I have put this up, and I think it is a compromise between both sides, but all the same, I am an attacker and I love my plundering..

Not often that the creator down votes their own idea :)

I personally see no reason for different times on different productions, I wouldn't mind a short lock time so that people aren't being plundered under their nose (so give them 5-30 seconds or something). I think if you have left your production any longer then you are going to have to accept that someone else has a chance to take it.

Essentially you'd have a lock enabling (and encouraging) people to be active and be there on time to be guaranteed their productions. If they can't make it on time they will have to accept a level of risk, I know sometimes it's important real life things that cause us to miss things but at least this game hasn't caused you to miss those important real life things :)