• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Keep count of Friend Invites sent

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser99438

If separate tallies were kept of 80 Invited Friends and 60 Accepted Friends it would give added incentive to maintain and manage an active friend's list.

I'm not seeing the point here, sorry maybe I'm missing something here? Will it really make any diference? If there are 140 friends on a list, it's still required to delete 61 people to send a request to someone else [even if you only sent out a request to 1 of the 140 friends on the list]. Make more sense to just allow invitations to be sent to 140 people. Then the list will tally itself.

kernbeep

Private
I'm not seeing the point here, sorry maybe I'm missing something here? Will it really make any diference? If there are 140 friends on a list, it's still required to delete 61 people to send a request to someone else [even if you only sent out a request to 1 of the 140 friends on the list]. Make more sense to just allow invitations to be sent to 140 people. Then the list will tally itself.

As I understand it, there is a good reason for receiving Friend Requests from other players. This especially helps new players, as they can send Friend requests to more established players. i wouldn't want this feature to be lost.

If there was a separate 'tally' for 80 requests sent, it would allow each of us to manage our 80 Invitef Friends . So if any of them become inactive it will be easier to remove 1 and replace 1 instantly.

Currently there is no separate tally of Requests Sent and Requests Accepted, so our total number of friends is 140 and we have to remove at least 61 (to take us below 80 in total) before we can invite anyone new.

DeletedUser99438

+1
As I understand it, there is a good reason for receiving Friend Requests from other players. This especially helps new players, as they can send Friend requests to more established players. i wouldn't want this feature to be lost.

If there was a separate 'tally' for 80 requests sent, it would allow each of us to manage our 80 Invitef Friends . So if any of them become inactive it will be easier to remove 1 and replace 1 instantly.

Currently there is no separate tally of Requests Sent and Requests Accepted, so our total number of friends is 140 and we have to remove at least 61 (to take us below 80 in total) before we can invite anyone new.

I wouldn't disagree with you there mate, I just think this is way more complicated than being able to request 140 friends, since you can have 140 friends. But in the face of there being some unimaginable abusive reason why that can't be implemented ... then why not

Thanks for taking the time to explain :)

DeletedUser99438

The game is made so you chose your friends wisely

That makes a difference to the strategy of the game how? You still end up with the same 140 friends ... that you chose wisely/unwisely be it whether you can invite them or await them to invite you. The only thing it does is determine how awkward it is to land those friends on your list.

DeletedUser115071

Well first off, you can always remove a new target for sniping and add the next... And it's purposely made imho that YOU can't invite other players but still can get invited.

DeletedUser99438

Well first off, you can always remove a new target for sniping and add the next

I'll consider it lol - though you know that still requires an accepted request and can be done by keeping friends to 79 ... so can be abused anyway - is it worth hindering everyone to stop a handful of abusers that can still do that?

DeletedUser115071

Well if you wanna abuse that... Then you lose on people that can motivate your stockpile of SSW and SoKs, lol... So most snipers just make deals with people, but it won't be that case if they can add every second person like that.
Same goes for Tavern visits... You can easily add people just to sit in your tavern cause you can't make a daily, there are lots of stops why this shouldn't be a thing.

DeletedUser99438

I hope that's a general "you" ;)

Then you lose on people that can motivate your stockpile of SSW and SoK

That's dependent on circumstances. It doesn't seem like a strong enough argument to me yet, but I haven't had time to consider if there are any real implications.

You can easily add people just to sit in your tavern cause you can't make a daily,

There is already a limitation to that.

There will always be people who will get around things no matter what.

scibuff

Sergeant
I think this is because they want to give us incentive to accept friend requests. If the only way of getting more friends on the list is by accepting their requests I wil accept any request I get sent. At least that was always the reason I thought they invented the system the way it is.
And I like that reason. I enjoy always being accepted by everyone by default basically. And this idea would change this behavior.
So it gets a -1 from me. Sorry.

How would the original idea change this behavior?! The OP's idea is to keep the invites count to 80 so that if you have, lets say 130 friends but you invited only 79 (and accepted 51) you can still send an invite. Currently, the only way to invite that one new friend is to first delete 51 friends from your list.

DeletedUser111693

How would the original idea change this behavior?! The OP's idea is to keep the invites count to 80 so that if you have, lets say 130 friends but you invited only 79 (and accepted 51) you can still send an invite. Currently, the only way to invite that one new friend is to first delete 51 friends from your list.

Thinking about it again...I think you are right! I will edit my post now. Thanks for the message.

DeletedUser

too easy: for us to keep balancing inactive friends is a good thing.
I have not so many friends anymore 80 at most because I have to be able to add deals.
80 real active friends is not so bad.
On top of that new players should be able to invite “older” players to get a variety of bd’s.
I rather not see this to become harder for them.
Oldtimers reject such offers too easily already.

Edit: Since this is a strategy game I can’t see making things easier in that regard will help to keep it that way.

Last edited by a moderator: