• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Social Interactions] 23hr Aid feature.

• Thread starter DeletedUser102348
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser102348

Proposal: to have the Aid feature set to 23hrs not 24hr as it is now.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes, N/A

Reason: Because like me a lot of players aid every day, and even if you sit there waiting for the aid buttons to become active, the time will still gain making it later everytime. Eventually it will encroach on a time not expedient for yourself, ie: work time, sleep, during GvG (a no-no) etc.
So like Elvenar which has 23hr aid, you can take an element of control over what time you aid and keep it at about same time which is most convenient to the player.

Details: Just change 24hr timer to 23hr.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A

DeletedUser16126

neutral.
Applying it to aid only would not help anything IMO. ALso 24H productions shall be tuned to 23H. But that would then also be great for plunderers...
On the other side going to 23H will for sure result in more peaks of the aiding, where 24H will give a better spread.

DeletedUser102348

The 23hr cycle has nothing to do with the production cycles, as is the case with Elvenar, where you have 24hr production slots the same as FoE.
As it happens I'm doing a 24hr build now for a quest.
And that is part of the reason for the idea to increase aid as well as control the time you do it at. Which I have kept the same time for months now, unlike FoE.

DeletedUser100065

I've thought about this as a GB boost each level taking off a percentage of time between aid. But actually i like your idea more would allow people to slowly change their aid time to one that suits when RL gets in the way of the game and you become out of synch with your routines. +1

DeletedUser108356

Yeah, I was thinking of suggesting something similar months ago. I usually end up having to skip a day on aid to get it back to a reasonable time as it slowly creeps up.
+1

DeletedUser12400

+1
ZT0u31o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius1960

Private
Proposal: to have the Aid feature set to 23hrs not 24hr as it is now.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes, N/A

Reason: Because like me a lot of players aid every day, and even if you sit there waiting for the aid buttons to become active, the time will still gain making it later everytime. Eventually it will encroach on a time not expedient for yourself, ie: work time, sleep, during GvG (a no-no) etc.
So like Elvenar which has 23hr aid, you can take an element of control over what time you aid and keep it at about same time which is most convenient to the player.

Details: Just change 24hr timer to 23hr.

Visual Aids: N/A

Balance/Abuse Prevention: N/A
Good idea as quite often at my best time the game always does an upgrade meaning the next day most of my fights /aids etc are 10 mins later at least. The other option for this problem as like the events etc have the timer set for midnight every day so all the aids/ fights etc get reset at midnight, so you can do the aids/fights etc once a day but anytime between midnight and midnight the next day then it resets again that way if you miss even a few hours for any reason such as loss of internet or worlds updating then the next day you can revert to an earlier time again

DeletedUser15432

Good idea, for all the reasons stated, therefore, a score of +1

DeletedUser109310

Errr......................... thats still only once a day, Doh! :rolleyes:

He does have a point. One can attack and plunder once the aid resets. So for those (and we know they are out there) that eat, sleep, breath, this game, they will could get an extra attack and plunder every 24 days........not that it would really matter......lol.

+1

I like the idea, but will the change make any difference to the majority of players or just a minority? Or was that the intention?

DeletedUser102348

In my experience of the four worlds I'm in, it is a very small, I'm talking around 1% or less of peeps that actually attack & even less that plunder.
And I would think out of those it would less than 1% of 1% that sit there waiting for the reset.
Again the majority on the 4 worlds I'm on AF, FE (held since the start of AF), TE, & LMA aid, by far the bigger percentage of neighbours aid, and of course all guilds have or should have a minimum 3 aids a week rule in place, I actually monitor for the guild on one world, and 95% aid more than the minimum 3. And of course your friends who are there purely for the purpose of aid and trade.
So the answer your question, yes it would make a big difference to the majority of players.

DeletedUser109310

In my experience of the four worlds I'm in, it is a very small, I'm talking around 1% or less of peeps that actually attack & even less that plunder.
And I would think out of those it would less than 1% of 1% that sit there waiting for the reset.
Again the majority on the 4 worlds I'm on AF, FE (held since the start of AF), TE, & LMA aid, by far the bigger percentage of neighbours aid, and of course all guilds have or should have a minimum 3 aids a week rule in place, I actually monitor for the guild on one world, and 95% aid more than the minimum 3. And of course your friends who are there purely for the purpose of aid and trade.
So the answer your question, yes it would make a big difference to the majority of players.

I see......I'm not quite sure I've seen it as you have......but, I aid a min of 5 times a week, and I still am not on long enough to see any benefits from the change......but I still like your idea. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.