• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spoiler Soccer Event Spoilers

WinnerGR

Captain
( NOTICE : I did not create this thread )

It starts to make me wonder weather the Events variables and mechanics are being totally changed.

Last edited:

Ati2

Legend
What was the point of testing it then ?

Things often get re-balanced after the testing .
What's to rebalance in a mini-game that we've already had quite a few times already? (Honestly, I don't even know why it goes to beta anymore—maybe just to annoy people playing there. :D)

Emberguard

Legend
Edit: The mini-game basically has two components this time round.
(1) everything you're familiar with opening of prizes
(2) an additional hourly daily special competing against other players

(2) requires participating in (1) first. Then you just every few hours try to win a daily special.

The complicated part is the "cards" which determine the chance of winning in the second section. It's essentially a game of rock/paper/scissors. Except you can increase the strength of your selected choice and the combination chosen has a % chance to succeed

Last edited:

WinnerGR

Captain
Soccer Event Mini News

Whilst you may feel there is a schedule between Events completing on Beta and beginning on the Live Servers there is no fixed date between something being tested on Beta and if or when it is released on the Live Servers. It is therefore impossible to say that something is overdue. An announcement will be made for any new features in a timely manner, but we do not give out spoiler information.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
And that extra league mini game was changed once on beta, during testing. So peoples first guides were all wrong and new ones had to be made, but again if that got changed again due to feedback/dev wishes, then we'd have to find out on live, meaning planning ahead and trying to max out this event, which was really really hard for free players to max out, will be harder :D

Unless they make it a lot easier of course!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I've heard various sources, some saying buying cards the moment it starts is great, but others say its pointless.

Seems like its something we'll need to find out ourselves

Emberguard

Legend
I've heard various sources, some saying buying cards the moment it starts is great, but others say its pointless.
Well during Beta one of the first daily specials in the tournament available was cards. The tickets for the tournament section regenerate in the same manner Carnival did. So if you don't use the tickets from that section you lose those chances anyway. The main event building you'll get from Grand Prize still. If you want middle connection pieces or something specific then those are in daily specials (based on beta).

So really depends on when the cards come up in the daily specials, how many cards you win and how much value you place on them given they effect the results of daily specials in a similar manner to the coaches last year (only this time you have to obtain and upgrade them)

Ati2

Legend
(2) an additional hourly daily special competing against other players

Why, why, why?

Seriously. Does Inno ever take a look at people's cities? They're awful. It's clear that most people have no idea what they are doing. Yet, instead of focusing on the main game, we now have GbG, there will also be the new PvP tower thingie, plus complex mini games, more and more settlements. Why? What's the idea behind making the game so complex that people have zero idea what to do with it?

Emberguard

Legend
*shrug*

Once the event arrives I'll look over what the different card bonuses were before deciding if they'd have any impact on the main prize. If they don't provide grand prize progress then I might as well ignore the second area unless I particularly want the Daily Specials. If they do effect grand prize progress then it'd be prudent to gather as many cards as possible from the tournament area

Thrawnf

Corporal
I can't wait to try this event and new features..

Like the St Patrick or Archeology, love theses, so different than just opening box

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I can't wait to try this event and new features..

Like the St Patrick or Archeology, love theses, so different than just opening box

Well, The St Patrick def could have been done better, but at least it was "different". Archeology was great for the event and digging and non-daily specials, since the one daily people wanted didn't show up :D

Looks like one side of this will basically be the same frog hopping/ball tossing, just with the extra minigame mixing things up. Just making it overly complicated.

legend9182

Major-General
Nah just give us 2 events at the same time, That'd be great :D

Cause like man I am waiting for it ;-; Had my city ready for the main building and a bunch of the middle bits for awhile now...
Why only 2
I think they should give us option how much we want to play at once (but that's not happening)