• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

SOCCER EVENT RIPOFF

Emberguard

Legend
Yes, while it's entirely true that no FtP player will have any chance of even staying in Bronze league without spending some cash, keep in mind that by;
1. completing ALL the quests
2. collecting your incidents every single day
3. collecting the 'free' daily currency
AND
4. *always choose only the most distance efficient player in the Training game

Every F2P player should still easily be able to complete both main buildings to Lv5 at a minimum.
Even at "only" Lv.5, add in a few added track links and you will still have a ridiculously strong building for exactly $0.00
Also may depend on which world you’re playing. If enough free to play give up then you’re going to get a higher league just because of that.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Lol! Inno is no where close to the level of scumbaggery like the big developers have become!

Yes, while it's entirely true that no FtP player will have any chance of even staying in Bronze league without spending some cash, keep in mind that by;
AND

Every F2P player should still easily be able to complete both main buildings to Lv5 at a minimum.
Even at "only" Lv.5, add in a few added track links and you will still have a ridiculously strong building for exactly $0.00

Few other supposedly 'free to play' games, especially those published by the big main stream developers will give out that much. Hell, in most other supposedly F2P browser games, there are built-in pay walls that basically keep every single non-paying player forever stalled out behind all the spenders.
Be happy that FoE is honestly an incredibly 'pay-to-win lite' game.
if you play, but for real play and not log in once per 48 hours then you should get both sides on level 6 without problem...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I'll let you know at the end of the event :D
deal, and i will let you know... :D i didnt spend cash but i spend diamonds, dont know how we will look at that... :D on day 1 hour 1 minute about 5 i used 350 diamonds for 50 pictures to boost team, that is all what i spent from premium currency, with that only i think i will finish in silver league what means 2 kits extra at the end... whoever finish in silver league if he didnt do something terribly wrong he should get both sides on 6

Emberguard

Legend
So far I haven't spent any cash or diamonds at all this event. No idea how well I'll finish by the end of it but one of my worlds I'm currently sitting in Silver. The others are in Bronze at the moment but haven't done as many quests for the worlds I'm sitting on bronze

deal, and i will let you know... :D i didnt spend cash but i spend diamonds, dont know how we will look at that... :D on day 1 hour 1 minute about 5 i used 350 diamonds for 50 pictures to boost team, that is all what i spent from premium currency, with that only i think i will finish in silver league what means 2 kits extra at the end... whoever finish in silver league if he didnt do something terribly wrong he should get both sides on 6
I've never used diamonds on an event but if I was really close to the final upgrade then I would grit my teeth and do it, I hate spending stuff I got for free :lol:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I've never used diamonds on an event but if I was really close to the final upgrade then I would grit my teeth and do it, I hate spending stuff I got for free :lol:
I get them from GE's and 2 diamond worlds, i opened all expansions so atm i didnt see any better thing except that and GbG to spend them on since expansions are unlocked

Ceban

Brigadier-General
btw for sure most stupid thing to do would be l5 + l5 what someone here sugested, if you cant get L6 for both sides, pick one side wich suits your style of playing better (i think for 90% of players that is side wich give defence for attacking army but maybe i am wrong) and push it to max level and then other side as far as it goes... like 60% of building bonus you are getting it with reaching max level.

DeletedUser113278

Yes EA are predatorial and it can be very destructive indeed, cartainly for kids and immature addults – but we sort of come into politics and related areas Your Wake Up call is indeed relevant, but in the end it usually points back to each individual (With some exceptions). I am not forced to play FoE, I am not forced to write here. I could choose a ton of other different ways to use my time. Gaming is for the most part escapism in some way – it triggers various things in the brain depending on the game type.

I have friend who playerd newer mobile game and got caught using way too much money on it jsut to get to the top as fast as possible, – also in game where there was no chance of winning those money back like in FOE – You have to ask what drives a normally well thinking person to completely let go and just start spending way too much money on a game? – Surely it is not the advertising for the game that does it all.

Marketing mechanics can influnnce people more than they would like to know, and you can create needs that are not there – but then we go to the point were we need to talk about the world we have been creating and continuesly are creating – why do so many people want the escapsim that games provide – what is it we are escaping from all the time?. Gaming gloablly is a bigger industry than the movie business. And one also need to ask why people are not trying to understand the mechanics of these types of applied psycology methods – it is used in any clever company for marketing, for service, for sale etc. and hey we got the the whole good damn internet at our fingertips. If someone wants to know more about nearly any subject it is possible to find stuff – at least something that will frame the subject matter and most likely lead to other stuff. Studying is not something that is accomplished in the school or university – it is a way of approaching the world.

One could also argue that if a person can find out how FoE works in all aspects, then the person should also be clever enough to see through the Diamond offers that Inno brings to make their earnings. Nearly nothing in this comsumer based world comes for free – Not even those that are free like a google mail, Facebook, instagram etc. etc. FoE does not differ from that at all – one could even argue that InnoGames is slightly on the conservative side or that they are not particualr good at being predatorial in that regard. The only thing where they are a bit off is their marketing, that part of it where it is sold as a city builder, (and I still think their Click amounts are ridiculous over what is needed – But that is their passive Engagement income, good for investor realtions) But hey do you act on every adverstisement that you see?. Just becasue you see a Coca Cola add, does not mean you have to go and buy it.

FoE can be played without using diamonds, or rather without buying diamonds – that is if the player can accept that others will be positioned higher than the player it self. It is ambition in escapeism, and their is no obvious logic to it, other than certain stimulations in the brain, that perhaps are not stimulated otherwise in the persons real life. (But that is certainly not conclusive either).

E.g All over the Flow TV networks GAMBLING are being advertised in very high density – so governments try to contain it by making laws and regualtions – but they hestiate to ask why people are having this apparently great need or urge - a too senstive and complicated subject for most mainstream politicians to touch. I could go on with this, but it is over my bed time now.

Goodnight
:zzz:

Great thoughts and agree 110%

So, if spending endless amounts of money shouldn't give you first place, and not spending money should, can you explain how innogames will make money? I'm sure it'll be interesting.
By selling their soul to Amazon and Google. Which they already did.

There could only be a word describing those who think than Inno's survival is still depending on players buying diamonds - deluded.
Inno is no longer that customer orientated family business type of fragile venture. Inno has become a puppet. Money from diamonds are just for ice cream, the big meal is coming from the puppeteers collecting our data and creating profiles: Apple, Amazon, Google.

FoE City Planner has made a huge mistake once gained a big pool of followers - refused to accept the rules set by Google
As a result, after so many years without an issue or conflict, Inno has banned the site as directed by Google. No reason given, just a BS one.
Or, how that great joke say - we live in a free market.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyllan

Corporal
Lol! Inno is no where close to the level of scumbaggery like the big developers have become!

AND

Few other supposedly 'free to play' games, especially those published by the big main stream developers will give out that much. Hell, in most other supposedly F2P browser games, there are built-in pay walls that basically keep every single non-paying player forever stalled out behind all the spenders.
Be happy that FoE is honestly an incredibly 'pay-to-win lite' game.

paying cash for more matches!!!!!.....SERIOUSLY....infinitely, no limits????
paying cash for a better players !!!! ...infinitely???
i think that is astoundingly "scumbaggery"
this isnt an indie game anymore this is a $200 million revenue game...it isnt about the "lights" anymore...

Shad23

Emperor
this isnt an indie game anymore this is a $200 million revenue game...it isnt about the "lights" anymore...
if you think that's pay to win wait and see the new pvp

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
if you think that's pay to win wait and see the new pvp
There's also the fact that NONE of these other events/game modes are even remotely necessary in order to build a strong, competitive city, unlike most other supposedly "free" games...

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Another way of looking at this, is the saying "A fool and their money are soon parted", and the more fools that play this game, the happier the game developers will be.

Jhuie

Sergeant
About the first post, using about the same amount of money on diamonds as a meal is paying the same amount on something virtual instead of some thing in real life. If you saved all the money you are spending on diamonds, you would have alot more money to spend in real life.