• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer event 2022 feedback thread

Spartan08

FoE Team
Co-Community Manager
The Soccer event 2022 starts June 2nd, Read all about it here, and post your feedback below.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingJMobile

Private
Gotta say, the new Gentiana Windmill and its fields look more like something I’d expect in the Fall Event. The Gentiana Windmill’s production is very good I must say, and its fields are also pretty decent too. My, these event buildings are getting better and better. Making my Olympic Treasury look outdated lol.

hades8840

Corporal
The new building and the added fields are great and add much needed defence for attacking armies sadly though the lack of any skill needed what so ever in the match play is disappointing who ever spends the most diamonds is who will be in the top 2 leagues and it shouldnt be that way

migoe77586

Private
FOE Developers, please for the love of god and all that is holy....PLEASE make special events optional.
At the beginning of each event allow the player to simply select a "yes or no" radio button that allows them to pass on participating.
That way we don't have the mandatory clicking to stop being encouraged to enter on Mobile or PC.

I've seen enough comments to alert you that players are bored with these events. But it is clear that some like
them. So just give people the option to participate or pass.

PLEASE.

Knight of ICE

FOE Developers, please for the love of god and all that is holy....PLEASE make special events optional.
At the beginning of each event allow the player to simply select a "yes or no" radio button that allows them to pass on participating.
That way we don't have the mandatory clicking to stop being encouraged to enter on Mobile or PC.

I've seen enough comments to alert you that players are bored with these events. But it is clear that some like
them. So just give people the option to participate or pass.

PLEASE.

Special events are optional. You do not have to participate. You can totally ignore the event. Only thing encouraging you to play is that big arrow, but you can get rid of that on day one with just a few clicks. Not really that much more than having to click a button. Drawback with a "yes or no" button, would be people clicking the wrong button, or decide they want to participate after all just a few days in. That would put an extra unneeded strain on Support.

migoe77586

Private
Special events are optional. You do not have to participate. You can totally ignore the event. Only thing encouraging you to play is that big arrow, but you can get rid of that on day one with just a few clicks. Not really that much more than having to click a button. Drawback with a "yes or no" button, would be people clicking the wrong button, or decide they want to participate after all just a few days in. That would put an extra unneeded strain on Support
We have many other items in the game that allow people to have verifications of selections they make. It would incredibly simple to say "Special event starting, would you like to participate, Yes/No". A player selects "No" and a dialogue box appears stating "you have elected to skip this event, please confirm".
Really? That's an unneeded strain on support?
When players choose to skip (and MANY will, cause they are boring redundant and unenjoyable) all the event related screen prompts, quests, etc
are removed from the players city.
This would actually alleviate some burden from support as there are fewer players to service through potential event issues.

Knight of ICE

We have many other items in the game that allow people to have verifications of selections they make. It would incredibly simple to say "Special event starting, would you like to participate, Yes/No". A player selects "No" and a dialogue box appears stating "you have elected to skip this event, please confirm".
Really? That's an unneeded strain on support?
When players choose to skip (and MANY will, cause they are boring redundant and unenjoyable) all the event related screen prompts, quests, etc
are removed from the players city.
This would actually alleviate some burden from support as there are fewer players to service through potential event issues.

Your feedback has been noted and will be forwarded. I just tried to give you some insight on why it is possible that something like this might not be implemented.

pipo69

Private
I have the feeling that the rework of the soccer match mechanisme was not completed and the event was still released.
It feels like there is still old game code left inside that has no purpose and should have been removed.

If in the training match you pass the ball you get to see the reward.

When you selected your openent and team you already know the outcome of the Match. This I think is a big improvement with respect to last year. So when you start the match I exped you cet to see the reward. Similar as in the training game.

However what will happen is that you open another window. Just long enough to be anyoing but not long enough to make use of the forward button in the right corner. In that second window you will see 2 team owners and then it looks like the game is trying to play the match to find the outcome of the match. The outcome however was already certain based on the previous screen where you could still adjust your team setup.

So instead of getting your reward instant, you first have to wait for an animation and therafter click at least 2 more times to get that reward. Without having the option to change the outcome any more after you started the match.

RichinZhills

Corporal
Just a few things I've noticed. I've got 12 worlds, so trust me when I say I do each quest 12 times.
Random isn't really random: When I select the optional building type on either the Practice or Tourney, 80% of the time I get the same building I just traded for on the previous world. On top of that, it seems that 90% of the time it's one of the towers or a tower upgrade. Or I get Renovation buckets on my Iron Age world (happened 3x so far), big help there.
Without Diamond use, the average player has no chance to get into the top tier. For that matter, with the new way the Tournament is played, there's no way to even win against the hardest opponent. All the Youtube guides advise buying just one color card so they can outplay the other two. However, if everyone is buying Green, then when that player's team is your opponent, you can't even rearrange your team to a draw. Their card numbers are just too high. The Hardest team should be within 3-5 points of your best team to possibly allow rearrangement for at least a draw. Mid-level opponent maybe 5-10 points below, and easy 10-20 points below. As it is, I was only able to compete in the highest tier a few times in the early days of the game, past day 5 I couldn't even touch it, and that's on 12 worlds. So no possible chance to earn enough points to get into the higher leagues.