• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser115679

When you win a game in the tournament, how many points do you win?

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
It's not odd at all. You removed a player who was going to be murderized by 3 opposing players, and it then left you with a team that had 3 players w/advantage + 1 neutral.

I've no idea of what the actual in-game modifiers are for strong vs. weak, but typically in Fire Emblem games where this mechanic comes from, going from say a sword to an axe vs. a spear user, (as swords are weak vs. spears while axes are strong vs. spears), is typically (assuming roughly equal stats between the units) at least a 5-10% difference in hit rates.
Never heard of the game and I'm sure most people haven't. Tournament is a botched attempt with no chance of winning any DS.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
So something for everyone in my opinion, even the non diamond players, just collected the equillivent in D/A boost as a lvl 65 Terra Army,, took less than 14 days, can’t be bad :)
But TA gives D/A for attacking not for protection of city which isn't worth protecting due to attack bonus of high level people.

DeletedUser4906

It's garbage.
My team with a combined "strength" of 17 gets beaten by a team of 5 & on multiple occasions too! It's just another scheme for the diamond buyers to excel at & make them feel good about themselves.

Thrawnf

Corporal
It's garbage.

not all

the training is fair and easy to get daily reward (just need to wait for the good day
Tournament is for diamond spender, no point trying the top players cannot be reached, and they need to spend diamond daily to stay on this position.

So Training for players without diamond or low diamond
/Trournament for player with a huge credit card

wotviewer

Private
Tournament % ...... ????

I get that it would not be an "event" if the outcome was certain, and that anything less than 100% is not certain, but this whole tournament aspect seems utterly divorced from statistical probability and just appears to be rigged/fixed for the sake of it. If you think I am going to get so riled I will spend real money buying extra tickets to make up for the rigging you are much mistaken.

I have just "lost" an easy level match against a strength 8 player at 72% win chance to my favour where I played a strength 24 team. Since all of my players are at least strength 4 individually it is inconceivable that I could lose against his max strength 2 players. Add in the fact that I manually selected the team so the right combination of red, green and blue was present, it is lunacy to say he could beat me, even if every one of my players was matched against the wrong colour.

if rock, paper, scissors combination is the deciding factor, then why bother with player strength factors and win %, or is that done just to mask the rigged outcome?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Tournament % ...... ????

I get that it would not be an "event" if the outcome was certain, and that anything less than 100% is not certain, but this whole tournament aspect seems utterly divorced from statistical probability and just appears to be rigged/fixed for the sake of it. If you think I am going to get so riled I will spend real money buying extra tickets to make up for the rigging you are much mistaken.

I have just "lost" an easy level match against a strength 8 player at 72% win chance to my favour where I played a strength 24 team. Since all of my players are at least strength 4 individually it is inconceivable that I could lose against his max strength 2 players. Add in the fact that I manually selected the team so the right combination of red, green and blue was present, it is lunacy to say he could beat me, even if every one of my players was matched against the wrong colour.

if rock, paper, scissors combination is the deciding factor, then why bother with player strength factors and win %, or is that done just to mask the rigged outcome?
Stop trying to match up player-for-player for one thing... find whoever is strongest vs. the majority of the opposing team, use 4-5 of that type of player.

ie: vs. say Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Midfielder - Defender
pick 5x Attackers of your own.

vs. say Attacker - Attacker, Defender - Defender - Defender
pick 5x Defenders of your own.

Trying to match player per player just leads to tears and lower odds.

And yes, it's easily doable to lose (even repeatedly), despite odds of 80-90%. Welcome to RNG's, try not to GG your PC/tablet in frustration, like we used to do our old school video game controllers. :P
(...and at least be content this ISN'T the type of RNG-based game play where a gimmicky 5-10% chance at missing your target means your beloved character you've sunk 20+hrs of grinding for levels & skills into is now permanently dead!! :mad: :mad: :mad: )

On a personal level I think this event is amazing.
1. It makes me enjoy more my work related activities
2. I am spending my free time doing something rather useful.
3. Speeds up my decision to pull the plug and quit the game once and for all. It has been a fairly enjoyable 3 years but the last year has become a bore.
Chasing some so called 'rewards' aka card players that maybe, JUST MAYBE would enable me to get some useful rewards for my town? Way to go Inno, thanks but no thanks.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It was in the announcement so I think it will come along unlike CMS which was a figment of everyone's imagination
I'm hedging my bets it'll show up somewhere around the 6th - 10th, as a goodly number of players will likely be almost/completely drained of their Energy Drinks by that point Especially if say, we get the Leukoi + another go of either the Rousioi/Venetoi tracks showing up before hand...

Gotta make sure to really capitalise on those diamond sales ya know!
It'll be especially clever-clever of them if they throw out a 'diamonds + energy drinks' sale to coincide with the WP's selection kit day to boot. ;)

As an aside, here's the final 9 prizes from beta that we still haven't yet seen on Live:
- *Tactician's Tower Upgrade (confirmed to be the next daily Training prize)
- Leukoi Track
- Rousioi Track (2nd instance)
- Venetoi Track (2nd instance)
- Classical Garden Selection kit (2nd instance)
- Winner's Plaza Selection kit
- Gigantic Medals package
- Colossus Selection kit
- Athlete Living Quarters

Last edited: