• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Cup

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser112892

the thing is:
people who played earlier did win daily prizes

so they won what they decided is good enough to play on that day

I waited because nothing was good enough for me
(SoK have already too many: not all are motivated. Wishing Well: no space in my city)

and btw
even on beta they let the door open for the kit as daily prize
they clearly said if they will bring it as daily prize they won't announce it
and that is definitely not a: the upgrade kit will for 100% sure not be a daily prize
I will focus on SoKs on Summer Event, as I cannot earn enough energy drinks to get SoK as the daily special last day of Soccer event. I only have 4 SoKs for now, and one Obelisk Garden :(

DeletedUser111948

I'm personally very happy to see the upgrade! :) It actually motivated me to buy some diamonds - got a bit unlucky in one of my cities, and no I would hot have bought them if they where a hard "wall" to get stuff - because in my other city I got level 10 with over 2k drinks to spare.
As for people complaining that they did not know - well that's part of the game, isn't it? If you can be patient and hold out there is a chance that something better is coming, if you want a smaller but more certain reward you grab it right away. I did not know if the upgrade would be available just like anyone else, but I hoped for it and it worked out :)
Good job Inno and thank you for adding it do daily specials :) Now I can say this is probably one of the best events you made so far - the quests are great, the rewards balanced and I'm happy :D

DeletedUser112892

I'm personally very happy to see the upgrade! :) It actually motivated me to buy some diamonds - got a bit unlucky in one of my cities, and no I would hot have bought them if they where a hard "wall" to get stuff - because in my other city I got level 10 with over 2k drinks to spare.
As for people complaining that they did not know - well that's part of the game, isn't it? If you can be patient and hold out there is a chance that something better is coming, if you want a smaller but more certain reward you grab it right away. I did not know if the upgrade would be available just like anyone else, but I hoped for it and it worked out :)
Good job Inno and thank you for adding it do daily specials :) Now I can say this is probably one of the best events you made so far - the quests are great, the rewards balanced and I'm happy :D
Actually, you didn't need diamonds at all (for 1 lvl 10 ToI). All you needed was to keep energy drinks and wait for that daily special. In the meantime, predictions for every single daily special have leaked, so players could know about ToI upgrade kit more than 10 days prior to it's appearance as daily special in game.
I have saved 2528 energy drinks for it and pushed my ToI to lvl 8. Now, I am waiting for final quest that brings one more upgrade kit as reward and reward from placement in silver ligue. So, lvl 10 ToI without any diamonds spent :)

DeletedUser111948

Actually, you didn't need diamonds at all (for 1 lvl 10 ToI). All you needed was to keep energy drinks and wait for that daily special. In the meantime, predictions for every single daily special have leaked, so players could know about ToI upgrade kit more than 10 days prior to it's appearance as daily special in game.
I have saved 2528 energy drinks for it and pushed my ToI to lvl 8. Now, I am waiting for final quest that brings one more upgrade kit as reward and reward from placement in silver ligue. So, lvl 10 ToI without any diamonds spent :)
You MAY not need diamonds - if you roll the daily special well... In one of my cities I had over 3k drinks stored up and I got only 1 daily special for my trouble anyway - that's what RANDOM means - sometimes dice just does not go your way.
I although mentioned that I needed no diamonds in the other city - not only I goo all the upgrades but I have tones of drinks to spare... Dice.
And as I sad - I don't mind it, as long as there IS a good chance to get the full building for free if you are lucky enough.

DeletedUser112892

You MAY not need diamonds - if you roll the daily special well... In one of my cities I had over 3k drinks stored up and I got only 1 daily special for my trouble anyway - that's what RANDOM means - sometimes dice just does not go your way.
I although mentioned that I needed no diamonds in the other city - not only I goo all the upgrades but I have tones of drinks to spare... Dice.
And as I sad - I don't mind it, as long as there IS a good chance to get the full building for free if you are lucky enough.
About that agree. Now, as I see I am at the bottom of silver league I pray to stay there, or I will have lvl 9 ToI.

DeletedUser112892

And again on my second world. Exact same point 3 upgrades..
With 2528 energy drinks I got 2 upgrades. I would spare all energy drinks from beginning, but I needed RH when it came out, as I have Traz and I desperately needed Rogues so spend all energy drinks when RH came out as daily special for first time.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Picked up 4 ToI upgrades today... +2 auto from quest and *should* make it +4 from scoring goals as I've been using the wiki to use only the best 'drinks per 1 distance' players.
And I still have 2.6k drinks left just in case I've badly miscalculated for the second ToI upgrades day! ;)

(note: trying to look through one's inventory & figure things out is very difficult when you have a kitten in your face demanding attention...)

...also picked up an Athlete's Living Quarters & 2x Contestant Estates, so overall, this has been a great event for me!:D

DeletedUser112892

Oh, can you tell more about it? What it looks like before the nerf? Just curious.
Btw, I've burnt a lot of drinks on Well shrink kits, got 4, so this free up 12 tiles in my city :)
Have you saved at least some for ToI upgrade kit? :P