• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2021 - Feedback

Bretonas

Private
I wouldn't bother with the middle or bottom opponents in the tournament. Just go for the top one and hope you'll win eventually. The odds seem to be equally bad but at least you get a better reward. I've lost so many 70%+ or even 80%+ matches that I stopped trying to 'manage' the tournament somehow.
Anything to do with chances in FOE has always been miles away from reality. But that's the thing with 'chances'. It can be 99% and you could still end up losing several times in a row because there is a small 'chance' that it is going to happen. :-) Whether that makes sense is a different story.

Changes to Ashlon Abbey welcomed... (why would you not agree with a change that gives more benefit.). And as I trade rather than fight, this building is also long overdue. Pity I cant do more events and get 2 of them.

DeletedUser

Changes to Ashlon Abbey welcomed... (why would you not agree with a change that gives more benefit.). And as I trade rather than fight, this building is also long overdue. Pity I cant do more events and get 2 of them.
Diamonds...:P

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Yggy Tree & Shinto Temple especially are light years beyond the Abby...
Also, just leveling up Galata Tower turns it into the best goods producer in the entire game, plus gives a few chances to repel the odd plunder attempt for added icing on top. :P

Athelon Abby is pretty garbage. Much better buildings out there if you look for them.

coolguy25

Private
Athelon Abbey is no use for most players though I think it might be good for PVP arena. Maybe that's it's purpose, to help in PVP Arena

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
thought i would give the game another chance so i had 2 attempts at trying to beat my opponent, i had an 85% chance to win and yet i lost both times ? i must be missing something about this game but 85% to win and i still lose both times ? its going back in the bin and i hope they dont bring this back next year

suethegreat

Captain
Switching quests from beta version is also a bit low not like we take money off Inno with 8hr productions compared with 4 hrs just adds to the happy feeling for this event........... Yes we shouldnt rely on beta but the whole thing is a chore so doesnt need to be made more so.

Janet Devlin

Corporal
Same here 3 or 4 times lost on overwhelming odds , last loss was 87% to 13% I liked the graphics and the idea of playing against other teams but couldn't see any advantage to trading one player for another on the team.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I don't bother to change players. It doesn't seem to make a big difference anyway. Waste of time.
It depends entirely on the opponent's line-up and the Lv's of your own players...

The AI will automatically choose your highest leveled players to pit against every opposing team.
Vs. a full mix of opposing players, (ie: Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Defender), switching out for 5x Attackers in this case, is usually only going to boost your win-rate % by maybe 1-3% or so.

BUT!

Vs. a line up that's only 2 different player types, (ie: Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Midfielder), swapping out to 5x Attackers, even if your Attackers are lower Lv's than some of your other players, can easily boost your win-rate % by as much as 9-10% simply due to the weapon triangle bonuses.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
It depends entirely on the opponent's line-up and the Lv's of your own players...

The AI will automatically choose your highest leveled players to pit against every opposing team.
Vs. a full mix of opposing players, (ie: Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Defender), switching out for 5x Attackers in this case, is usually only going to boost your win-rate % by maybe 1-3% or so.

BUT!

Vs. a line up that's only 2 different player types, (ie: Attacker - Attacker - Midfielder - Midfielder - Midfielder), swapping out to 5x Attackers, even if your Attackers are lower Lv's than some of your other players, can easily boost your win-rate % by as much as 9-10% simply due to the weapon triangle bonuses.
I agree with you Thomas - exactly what I do. First look at the Hard opponent, if it is a mix of the 3, then I do the middle game. If it is a mix of just 2 types, then I will arrange my team so I have zero players defending against whatever they have the most of and set up my team with 1 or 2 types to go against the opponent, and I have increased odds anywhere from 5-20%+ - and it is those games against hard that I can get the odds in my favor that I am winning and has me solidly in Silver.

BUT!

All well and good but when win/lose is completely arbitrary boosting the % odds is meaningless

Any Empire

Sergeant
My drop rate for WW well is horrible; 3 worlds, saved almost all my bottles just for this (2,000+, 2,500+, and 3,000+). 1 WW across all 3 worlds.
Quite a disappointment.

Knight of ICE

My drop rate for WW well is horrible; 3 worlds, saved almost all my bottles just for this (2,000+, 2,500+, and 3,000+). 1 WW across all 3 worlds.
Quite a disappointment.

Could be worse. 5 worlds and 7 on the one world where I have no space to put them. Nothing on the others.

Chanla

Private
2 quests, only 5 apart, require you to build 2 residential buildings. Boring. Then you have to gain far too much population in the advanced levels. Tasks are boring and repetitive and the gain is not worth it. FoE really need to rethink events for advanced players if they want to keep them engaged. I sat this one out last year and am doing the same this year.