• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2021 - Feedback

Knight of ICE

LOL This is the simplified version, last year event even had coaches you could assign to boost your prizes.

Forge Bowl has coaches. It is a seasonal event. Soccer Cup is a special event. Not the same thing.

Andrew420

Major
Because the German company is pandering to the American market
You can blame Americans all you want
The name Soccer originated in 19th century ENGLAND

In the early 1800s, a bunch of British universities took "football" — a medieval game — and started playing their own versions of it, all under different rules. To standardize things across the country, these games were categorized under different organizations with different names.

One variant of the game you played with your hands became "rugby football." Another variant came to be known as "association football" after the Football Association formed to promote the game in 1863, 15 years after the rules were made at Cambridge.

"Rugby football" became "rugger" for short. "Association football" became "soccer."

You can blame Americans all you want
The name Soccer originated in 19th century ENGLAND

In the early 1800s, a bunch of British universities took "football" — a medieval game — and started playing their own versions of it, all under different rules. To standardize things across the country, these games were categorized under different organizations with different names.

One variant of the game you played with your hands became "rugby football." Another variant came to be known as "association football" after the Football Association formed to promote the game in 1863, 15 years after the rules were made at Cambridge.

"Rugby football" became "rugger" for short. "Association football" became "soccer."
Well being English it had never been called soccer here and anyone who calls rugby, rugger deserves a slap

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Why wasn't it called football?
Because football is a highly tactical & brutal contact sport, where if only 6 players have been injured by the end of a game, it's considered an actual miracle.

"Soccer" meanwhile, is played by a bunch of prima donnas who roll 50 feet down field and flop about like dead fish every time they feel so much as a slight breeze hit them. :P

...of course, everyone one knows that the toughest of the insanely tough are hockey players, since we're known for refusing to put our teeth back in, because they'll just knocked out again in the next game. ;)
(and that's before you consider the even higher speeds + full contact, on unforgivingly hard ice, while wearing limb-severing sharp blades, and blocking shots that can exceed 100mph!)

Knight of ICE

...of course, everyone one knows that the toughest of the insanely tough are hockey players, since we're known for refusing to put our teeth back in, because they'll just knocked out again in the next game. ;)
(and that's before you consider the even higher speeds + full contact, on unforgivingly hard ice, while wearing limb-severing sharp blades, and blocking shots that can exceed 100mph!)

Look up Calcio Storico or Calcio Fiorentino.

InvaderOSHAN

Private
I was hoping a event building good than Athlon Abbey Any way, I am playing event as much as I can please give us a beautiful event building at next time

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
The building is still pretty worthless to me. A new city needing to build up FP production might find it useful, but the defensive bonus isn't worth the space.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Because football is a highly tactical & brutal contact sport, where if only 6 players have been injured by the end of a game, it's considered an actual miracle.
You're referring to the American spin-off version of rugby, where they're so out of shape that they have to stop and rest every few seconds, and unlike real rugby, they're so scared of getting hurt that they won't play without full body armour.

Rexryder05

Private
This is the same every year, the % bears no resemblance to reality, you're better off flipping a coin
I have to agree when I set my team up to have a 78% to 82% to win I lose 80% of the time F.O.E.you are failing this or you are scaming the players to buy more diamonds to try and win. either way there is no incentive to play

Laci Flogger

Private
  • 2021 FoE Soccer Cup Event and The Athlon Abbey
I do believe most would agree, this is another underwhelming Event building, especially for advanced players.

It is clear most want more attack. However, there are few out there that prefer some defense.

I personally would like to see Event building incorporate some of the pre-existing and new game features. This outmoded loop is getting a bit old.

I will not be placing The Athlon Abbey in my city, but I will have one for future use (possibly). Personally, the name itself does not do it justice in what it offers. Now had it in addition offered 20 unattached units ... maybe! Or the ability to produce 50 – 100 Goods of any deposit I hold in a 24hr period… maybe!

• This would’ve been a great opportunity for you to make this an outstanding “NEW” Event building. Whereas we currently have:
Altars, Contestant’s Estate, Athlete Living Quarters, Grandstand, Bleachers, Tholos, Winners’ Plaza, Classical Garden set, Arena of Victors, Pillar of Heroes, Ornate Baths, Hippodrome Carceres and Hippodrome Sphendone.

Most lacking Level 2 upgrades… Creatively, by attaching them you could’ve gave them that upgrade… Or by using all the same if it is touching The Athlon Abbey and fully upgraded… it could increase a particular preferred resource and or stat. Also, by using unique multiples to create a desired bonus.

For example: The Altar of Artemis, alone it offers: Pop, Happiness, Coin, Supply,1 Fp and a max of 7% attack. One could connect a maximum of 9 Altars… all nine would become a level two Altar doubling that of the original, and for each additional Alter (because Altar of Artemis is attack) 1% additional attack for the 1st, 2% additional attack for the 2nd and so on. One could even create distinctive attachment bonuses. Also, if five or more unique buildings touching The Athlon Abbey there could be a rare bonus.

• To make this Event building “Amazing” let us utilizes more Antiques Dealer fodder.
Most of us do GE, GvG, GBG or PvP, So, it only makes sense to start making use of those defense and attack boost potions. An Abbey was/is a place of sanctuary… While we do kind of have a hospital built into our military troop base’s or through our Army management icon, we don’t really have much more.

We could click on The Athlon Abbey before we go into battle and use one defense boost. By activating the boost through The Athlon Abbey for one hour we can have instead of a defense boost a recovery boost, and since this is a defense building the defense potions are more valuable. So, for that one hour, a 10% boost is worth 20% the 20% worth 40% and the 30% worth 60% recovery rate of lost troops. Any unit that was lost in that hour that was saved due to the recovery boost… has one bar of health and sent to the Abbey to recover. There should be a cooldown time of at least four hours before one is able to use the recovery boost again. However, an attack boost can speed up that time by either 5, 10 or 20%.

• Maybe next year.

• As for the 2021 FoE Soccer Cup Event Quest line!
I remember when we could not complete them due to quest like scouting a province or having to research a technology which forced us to move up. The tasks are a bit repetitive, but at least they are achievable. There are some things that could be brought back now that we get a secondary option. For example, plunder 3 neighbors. That one did not fly over well when it was a must to complete. Some players don’t like to instigate being plundered back. We all know if you hit the wrong one it can go on for a long time… Lol

As for the win to loss ratio… if you could guarantee an outcome the Event would become stagnate.

Last edited:

TruthRDare

Private
If your not in a guild you cant play the event. The quest line says donate goods to a guild and no alternative so now im stuck. I thought events were for everyone.

King Dael

Sergeant
If your not in a guild you cant play the event. The quest line says donate goods to a guild and no alternative so now im stuck. I thought events were for everyone.

There's always an alternative quest along with guild-quests. What quest are you at?

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
did 12 matches with over 60% on me winning and lost ALL...i think this procentage ia A LOT lower than what it seems...probably another FOE's crafty plan to make players spebd money...

DeletedUser

Go join or create a guild and donate the goods.
There's always an alternative quest along with guild-quests. What quest are you at?
Not quest 30th. Donate goods and spend fps.