• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser117595

There are meant to be changes between beta and here, or else what is the point of beta? The Vikings change is a good one. I was on the penultimate quest when the change happened and it really wasn’t an issue. We had good warning what to plan for. The changes to the altars make them more appealing and without the league rewards it will be hard to get 2 altars. Also, @Lady Marlena wrote:
To make the leagues more attractive we also adjusted the rewards you can get for the next leagues. This change will not be applied to the currently running league.’

The change does not affect this league. I hope this eases the pressure on your butt.

Complete BS. That is not a change between beta and here, that is a change between here and here. What's good for you is not necessary good for me. What makes you think I want 2 altars? what makes you think it solves my pb that it takes effect only for next leagues?
It is basic business fgs!! imagine you buy a 65" TV because you want a big screen to go with your external super sound system at home and 2 days after you bought it, the company recall it and change it for a 45" but with a much better sound system, because customer feedback said the sound was shyte. I am gonna "cool for me, I didn;t care about the large screen and I didn;t have a big sound system, all the best for me" while you may likely say "screw that company!! I don;t give a damn about the sound system, I wanted a big screen... never gonna buy ever again from them"
While if the company would have recalled the TV and changed it for a 65" screen with a better sound system, everybody is happy or at least don;t mind.
Apply that to an online game were the bits that are sold are virtually free to produce, they would have been much better off ADDING to the reward (cost them nothing, makes everybody very happy) instead of REPLACING with something else (some will like it, other won't, we all have different value scale; overall across all the players may be slightly positive or negative but will ALWAYS be less beneficial than the first approach). The same can be told for the vikings.
Conclusion, if I made my point clear, I am not so off because of the details of the changes (which value is player dependent, so can't be really discussed) The only thing that is demonstrated by these changes is their greediness. I now know I will never ever put real money in that game. That is a case closed for me.

DeletedUser113125

Complete BS. That is not a change between beta and here, that is a change between here and here. What's good for you is not necessary good for me. What makes you think I want 2 altars? what makes you think it solves my pb that it takes effect only for next leagues?
It is basic business fgs!! imagine you buy a 65" TV because you want a big screen to go with your external super sound system at home and 2 days after you bought it, the company recall it and change it for a 45" but with a much better sound system, because customer feedback said the sound was shyte. I am gonna "cool for me, I didn;t care about the large screen and I didn;t have a big sound system, all the best for me" while you may likely say "screw that company!! I don;t give a damn about the sound system, I wanted a big screen... never gonna buy ever again from them"
While if the company would have recalled the TV and changed it for a 65" screen with a better sound system, everybody is happy or at least don;t mind.
Apply that to an online game were the bits that are sold are virtually free to produce, they would have been much better off ADDING to the reward (cost them nothing, makes everybody very happy) instead of REPLACING with something else (some will like it, other won't, we all have different value scale; overall across all the players may be slightly positive or negative but will ALWAYS be less beneficial than the first approach). The same can be told for the vikings.
Conclusion, if I made my point clear, I am not so off because of the details of the changes (which value is player dependent, so can't be really discussed) The only thing that is demonstrated by these changes is their greediness. I now know I will never ever put real money in that game. That is a case closed for me.
Wow. I hope you aren’t too out of pocket. I am grateful to players who spend real money as they keep the game going but I hope that you didn’t spend too much on this event :(

Giskler

Legend
Did you spend diamonds to get into gold to get 1up kits or something? Trying to understand why you are ranting about an insignificant change.

Emberguard

Legend
Ah, so you’re saying you prefer the new rewards for the rest of the leagues? Not the current leagues that you’re in?

I’m assuming from your complaint you must of landed in gold based on the new league rewards. Which will mean 1-up kit + divine. Whereas if it were reversed (amateur this week, gold next week) you’d get 1-up + Reno and would be preferable to you

Am I correct in assuming that’s what your thoughts and preferences are?

@ElsaJol

Agent327

Overlord
plans were made based on the initial rewards, now my plans are completely screwed.

Who's fault is that? You are making plans based on inside info you could ignore. You decided to use it and got bitten in the ass. Who's to blame for that?

You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing
What have you lost? Nothing!

DeletedUser117842

I was just wondering why the new update only improve the league rewards from the next round.
What about all of us that have invested a lot of energy drinks in this round to reach a high league? There is clear unfairness in this update because of the fact that players who have donated a high percentage of the achievable energidrinks will get a worse reward just because the didn't waited and were unaware that there would be an update that would make the league rewards better.
I have donated a lot of energy drinks to reach silver league, and im not sure if I am able to do that in the other rounds. Hope you understand my frustration.

DeletedUser99588

Would be nice if they didn't always rush events from beta to the main servers. They just about allow enough time to catch bugs (most of the time) but not nearly enough time to improve concept, balance rewards and improve the general structure if needed. It's always been this way so not expecting it to change as they have always put their timeline ahead of quality.

If this is a problem and you spend money on events then stop spending. That way you won't feel as cheated and Inno will receive feedback on their bottom line. If it is a problem and you don't spend money on events then just don't do the event. Inno track participation and desire as many players as possible to get involved and hopefully be tempted to spend money.

The changes we are seeing in this event are happening because money isn't being spent. They are trying to improve it although for some it seems to have missed the mark. So fair play to them trying to do something just would be better if they gave themselves more time in beta to get it right.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Would be nice if they didn't always rush events from beta to the main servers. They just about allow enough time to catch bugs (most of the time) but not nearly enough time to improve concept, balance rewards and improve the general structure if needed. It's always been this way so not expecting it to change as they have always put their timeline ahead of quality.

If this is a problem and you spend money on events then stop spending. That way you won't feel as cheated and Inno will receive feedback on their bottom line. If it is a problem and you don't spend money on events then just don't do the event. Inno track participation and desire as many players as possible to get involved and hopefully be tempted to spend money.

The changes we are seeing in this event are happening because money isn't being spent. They are trying to improve it although for some it seems to have missed the mark. So fair play to them trying to do something just would be better if they gave themselves more time in beta to get it right.
Honestly even with the changes, I still don't feel motivated in any way to spend dias for more alter upgrades & kits...

Part of the problem is one of polivates...
I was thinking initially, "sure, 2 alters vs. 1 Athlete's Living Quarters is a decent trade". But then, that's 2 polivated vs. 1.
Now, if I was perhaps using a ton of SoK's and/or SSW's, then maybe it'd be worth it, but sadly, I don't use tons of SoK for the very reason that I don't want to be relying so heavily on lots and lots of daily polivates! (as I also do lots of CF-boosted recurring quests and thus, prefer my polivated boost my initial supplies production in order to snowball them into yet more RQ's. ;))

The other problem is that, while the boosted stats are bit more appealing, we also collectively know things like the Summer event is soon to come, and also;
Japanese (and eventually Egypt) settlement is upcoming, and if the Vikings prizes are anything to go by, then these will probably annihilate the gains of these alters!:P

DeletedUser116872

plans were made based on the initial rewards, now my plans are completely screwed.

The rewards changed from day 2, so you only had to compare the 2nd reward against the beta to know that it wasn't going to be the same (i don't think it is ever the same)

DeletedUser116872

and the Beta testing is a joke

The beta server is really not any different from any other prod server that receives the updates slightly in advance.

I joined it in the hope to get early access to Mars and also provide feedback as I had some time on my hands over the past few weeks. However, there is no way to change age, no quick progression, no import of your account from a normal server for testing. Nope, you have to play the game properly from the start. To my surprised they even have diamond purchases available even though it should be a test server with theoretical possibility of data loss, rollbacks etc if there was some major issue.

I suggested on the beta forum that they needed quick progression to allow more players to access beta features so that also newer players could give feedback but it was met with opposition from both players and staff.

DeletedUser116322

I suggested on the beta forum that they needed quick progression to allow more players to access beta features so that also newer players could give feedback but it was met with opposition from both players and staff.
i might be wrong in saying, but looks like this games is controlled by a few and the rest have no say in the matter

Agent327

Overlord

Events are for all ages. How are they supposed to get feedback on that if everybody is progressed?

How would they know how changes effect players that go through the age just as on the live servers?

Diamond purchases available is rather strange, cause players get free diamonds on beta. Still players buy them to be the best. On beta that is absolutely stupid, but if fools want to pay for that, why not profit from it?

Emberguard

Legend
I was just wondering why the new update only improve the league rewards from the next round.
When you spent the drinks you did so on the understanding you’d receive the rewards that were available at the time.

If it were applied to the current league you’d then have a different problem. Some would be happy with the changes and others would feel cheated out of a 1-up kit that they were promised for that round.

So for the changes made the devs have to choose between changing it only on future agreements or also for those who already have an agreement on prizes to be received.