• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm only in 1 World so the WWs are of no use to me, SoKs are handy space fillers but will stay in Inventory, Tholos is done anyway so that gem is surplus to my requirements and I'm not in need of 4x5 Production Buildings; they simply take up too much valuable space for very limited returns. Athena looks OK in place, if a tad small and I think Artemis will replace SSW next. All in all, it's turning out better than I expected, apart from the WWs which are OK for DFs and unwary Noobs. One Goddess per Round would be fine with me, if I can shuffle enough around to find places, if not then my SoKs will go to make room.
Athena statue/s can be used to either;
a) replace 2x SoK, thereby saving 2 squares worth or space + a daily polivate.
b) replace a SSW to effectively double it's output.

If you've got any of the Athlete's Villas or whatever they're called, (ie: the 4x3 that give +def% and goods), you *could* replace it with an Artemis + Hera combo to get roughly the same bonuses, but replace def% with the more poplar atk% boost.
That however will chew up an extra polivate every day, so kind of a sideways trade there.

DeletedUser

I get the trade-off and it suits me just fine. I stored Magnum Opus to site Athena and an SSW will go in favour of Artemis, as for the rest; well I don't mind any perceived short-term losses as the rewards more than suffice. If I can manage the full pack, or close, then some SoKs will go. I got rid of a bunch of Athlete Living Quarters and Contestants Estates a while back to make room for TA and Kraken. The "multi reward buildings" better fill my current needs and that's all that really matters. All the buildings have their time and place and get replaced with others as they come along, if they are the right "fit". We all build and run our Cities in different ways dependant on our play-styles and MOs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
I´ts great that the main Price buildings are so small – but also quite a hint about how dense "some" (properly most) cities are. As such I can´t really be bothered with most of the prices on display – not even for my small EMA city – but in fact that is good thing, less stress about this extremly long event.

Galladhorn

Monarch
What are these Awards ?

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 14.39.02.png

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Good to finally see the Champions retreat as a daily, was able to snatch up three so when I go from Inda to CE, I can have one in each age with one up kits. Finally ready, lol.

Man Camping in Inda has been fun, can't wait to age up after 7years (and then proceed to stay in CE for another seven).

Besides that, its good and bad I think that the max level for this new event building is only five, easy to get 2 maxed, but def feels better to have a level 10 building that is better then GB's. Though maybe that is why this is so, because this event buildings have been too good? The WF from the last event made me enough space after it allowed me to remove 2 Terrace farms and the Capital GB, like, so much space saved.

Now to wait for the Tholos daily like everyone else. Def gonna be the hardest league to get high in, hah.

DeletedUser117332

wow, when I had the daily on the soccer event show up with scout a province I am stuck for two days now. I cant beat the large army and I was already at scouting max and can't fight or trade my way to clear enough sectors to get to a scout action...really sucks

DeletedUser114342

Hmm, just read the announcement on the changes for this event...even though I am happy they made some changes, but I would of preferred they kept the one up kit in the rewards for the leagues though. I would of liked to see the alter selection kit be exchanged for the upgrade kit instead as you can win these as a daily special.

DeletedUser113125

What about Forge Questers? Do you accept both pre and post change answers?

DeletedUser117595

would have known, I would not have wasted my energy drinks and would have stayed in the amateur league!! don;t need yet another useless extra altar upgrade kit that'll take the dust in the storage. What's the point of a beta?? plans were made based on the initial rewards, now my plans are completely screwed.
so another FU after the vikings! that is a lot in a short span, my butt can;t take it anymore.

DeletedUser113125

would have known, I would not have wasted my energy drinks and would have stayed in the amateur league!! don;t need yet another useless extra altar upgrade kit that'll take the dust in the storage. What's the point of a beta?? plans were made based on the initial rewards, now my plans are completely screwed.
so another FU after the vikings! that is a lot in a short span, my butt can;t take it anymore.
There are meant to be changes between beta and here, or else what is the point of beta? The Vikings change is a good one. I was on the penultimate quest when the change happened and it really wasn’t an issue. We had good warning what to plan for. The changes to the altars make them more appealing and without the league rewards it will be hard to get 2 altars. Also, @Lady Marlena wrote:
To make the leagues more attractive we also adjusted the rewards you can get for the next leagues. This change will not be applied to the currently running league.’

The change does not affect this league. I hope this eases the pressure on your butt.