• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Soccer Cup 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116322

More attack bonuses, yet no defence bonuses, sigh.
on the contrary, there should be more attack bonus as there aren't enough, with all these watch fires and virtual flames being ridiculously handed out, some player are continuously benefiting having some out of this world defense bonuses, so one can not take revenge against them.

DeletedUser107692

on the contrary, there should be more attack bonus as there aren't enough, with all these watch fires and virtual flames being ridiculously handed out, some player are continuously benefiting having some out of this world defense bonuses, so one can not take revenge against them.

You need out of this world defense bonuses to even remotely stand a chance against people with 6 rogues and high level Kraken and Arctic Orangery GBs. Usually there's nothing you can do as a defender though.

Can we stop with giving Event Buildings population? Already have 17k in unemployment, don't really need to add to that number. Sure, I should tear down my habitat at some point but then I'll still have 2k in unemployment and that number is only going up.

The statues look nice, the event looks a bit boring as usual though.

Agent327

Overlord

It's something you bring up all the time and only shows how little you know. That high defense bonus is totally useless if it does not come with a decent attack bonus. Since that is much harder to come by that high defense bonus does not mean a thing.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General

More attack bonuses? Some people have like 600% attack bonus but hardly any defence bonuses for attacking units as every event building only gives them attack, and not defence. And for defenders, a defence having 600% defence is meaningless if they have 0% attack on defence. People still get "Revenge" on people with high defence in their cities no matter how many watch-fires they put up. (I'll still never understand the "Don't attack me" mentality, all those wasted plots for defence buildings instead of just building ten times the amount of things that could be plundered).

Be great if this event building gave attackers some defence for a change, may actually make this building good, so far the main event building for this event is a bit, lacklustre. Pales in comparison to recent events. Best stuff from this event will be the one daily prize of Tholos.

DeletedUser104719

Question on the league rounds; will energy drinks spent in one league carry over to subsequent leagues? Or will progress be reset?

I'm assuming progress resets, since 'more chances to win' wouldn't really be true otherwise, but I wanted to check :)

DeletedUser114342

Question on the league rounds; will energy drinks spent in one league carry over to subsequent leagues? Or will progress be reset?

I'm assuming progress resets, since 'more chances to win' wouldn't really be true otherwise, but I wanted to check :)

The wiki page says it resets.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
...And yes, it's football, not soccer......
It'll always be Soccer unless you'd like us to call it what it really is; "ballet on grass with bad acting thrown in!"

Soccer player gets barely brushed?
Suddenly he/she is flying through the air & then rolling halfway down the pitch acting like they're about to die.

Hockey player takes a 90m/hr slap shot off his/her foot?
Grits teeth & plays with a possibly broken foot!

Sorry, but until the flopping and diving gets sorted out, soccer deserves to be made fun of. :P

Galladhorn

Monarch
The Special Prize buildings are beautifully designed, but somehow the connection from Football/Soccer to Greek mythology is at least in design far from eachother – Beer, popcorn, Cola vs Greek Mythology aestehics – that is quite a stretch. Somehow I can´t help thinking about how much cooler it would have been with some ancient greek "Sports Games" instead of Football/Soccer. I am though happy that it is not the other way around, playing greek ancient sports and winning modern football/Soccer culture buildings – that would have been a pain on the eye. :P

Last edited:

DeletedUser117185

Seriously!? "Need to replenish their energy" so "spend Energy Drinks". Is it sport event "soccer cup" or "run to heart attack" marathon?

DeletedUser110498

We’ve conquered all of Europe.

We’re never gonna stop.

From Paris down to Turkey.

We’ve won the fliping lot.

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly.

The fields of Anfield Road.

We are loyal supporters.

And we come from Liverpool.

Allez, Allez, Allez.’

DeletedUser113125

Is this female?
View attachment 19152

I´m getting old!!!

Thanks!
Does it matter? Women can have short hair, or long, or no hair and men can have a variety of hairstyles too! Mia Farrow, Amelia Earhart and Joan of Arc had short hair, how old are you? The artists for this game do an amazing job. I love how the game looks and the variety of portraits. Even as a joke, I don’t think you should mock their hard work.

Agent327

Overlord
We’ve conquered all of Europe.

We’re never gonna stop.

From Paris down to Turkey.

We’ve won the fliping lot.

Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly.

The fields of Anfield Road.

We are loyal supporters.

And we come from Liverpool.

Allez, Allez, Allez.’

And all it took was Virgil van Dijk

I think that that first line should be changed to "We've paid for the best in Europe".

DeletedUser112660

Does it matter? Women can have short hair, or long, or no hair and men can have a variety of hairstyles too! Mia Farrow, Amelia Earhart and Joan of Arc had short hair, how old are you? The artists for this game do an amazing job. I love how the game looks and the variety of portraits. Even as a joke, I don’t think you should mock their hard work.

I´m 65. I lived in the 60's when women and men proudly showed our long hair in the wind. I know perfectly that hairstyle does not identify the gender of human beings, but that woman has no feminine features.
As for the work of the artists, I can say you that they make magnificent avatars of men but they do not succeed in those of women. In Beta, women have complained about this fact that has been debated but nothing happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113125

I´m 65. I lived in the 60's when women and men proudly showed our long hair in the wind. I know perfectly that hairstyle does not identify the gender of human beings, but that woman has no feminine features.
As for the work of the artists, I can say you that they make magnificent avatars of men but they do not succeed in those of women. In Beta, women have complained about this fact that has been debated but nothing happened.
I hope your hair was long and luscious in the 60’s :)
Personally I like that the female avatars aren’t all identikit pouty, young, scantily clad, boring drawings. The avatar you refer to is pretty so if by ‘feminine features’ you mean makeup and cheek bones then that is murky waters you are heading into. There are many many avatars, if you don’t like that one then don’t use it. Maybe use the Marilyn one or the Spring event one as your portrait? I like the old witch and the Venice ones but use the one with awesome shoulder pads the most.

Emberguard

Legend
Men are generally drawn with squarer jawlines. The avatar is female in head shape as are the lip shape and eyebrows though young people being under developed can be difficult to tell what gender.

Hope you enjoy the soccer event with or without the current bunch of avatars being to your liking :) hopefully future batches will be more to your tastes