• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

So what's your strategy?

DeletedUser

Most of those that are forum-active are the top 10 of each neighborhood so I would assume each of you have strategies going (or more-so layouts to use up all the available space in your village).

Since the game isn't completely PvP based at this point I would imagine it wouldn't hurt much to share your thoughts on personal growth. So if you aren't scared of a little friendly competition for first place, tell us what your plans are for the future.

I suppose I'll start by making a somewhat obvious tip by telling everyone to get rid of the huts and replace them with chalets and thatched houses when given the chance. On top of that I would say out with the old and in with the new by not being afraid to sell your old unused buildings and make room for new ones since the game revolves around getting the bigger/better structures.

DeletedUser2101

Hey there!
I don't quite understand why you reckon people getting rid of their huts. It's the best coin/h income and points. This will change with the 0.10 release tho.
My strategy is more war based because I like to progress the questline as fast as possible and rack some medals on my way to gain expansions. I got 2 barracks , 2 slinger buildings and 1 rockthrower at the moment. This makes it more easy to have extra units so you can keep on conquering parts while making/healing new units.
The village layout is important too to fit as many buildings possible and fill the gaps and holes with happiness providing artefacts I guess. I got at the moment 18 thatched houses and 8 blacksmith which seems to even my coin/labor income. I guess you could make it so you get more villages so you can buy forge points more often but you got to balance it out with the 120% happiness bonus.
Another tip: plan ahead! it is about time to start thinking about making goods which will be useful in other ages and you can help others out too by trading them (next update free trade within guilds).
There isn't much more to say about my strategy I guess.

DeletedUser

The hut idea is more of a personal opinion than an addition to the strategy, but I recommend it because you only get the coins from huts when you collect them, and it isn't like you are going to collect coins every 5 minutes for 24 hours straight let alone more, so you might as well let the coins rack up to 80 using a Chalet. I started with a strategy more (for lack of a better word) reckless like yours in which you attack more than anything else, but lately I've been playing a reserved game and saving the supplies for better buildings rather than replenishing troops.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2101

The money/labor you spent on troops is really worth it because I get 2-3k coins or labor reward per conquered domain and the sector themselves give 200 ish coins/labor on top. If you play smart you shouldn't lose more than a few troops in battle. And about the 5 minutes I do agree. I made the 1 hour houses because I got exams (university level) so I don't have to check every few minutes. You got to adjust your village to your activity I guess.

DeletedUser

The money/labor you spent on troops is really worth it because I get 2-3k coins or labor reward per conquered domain and the sector themselves give 200 ish coins/labor on top.

Can't argue with that.
I actually haven't had any lack in coins though. My real lack lies in supplies but I'm about to try a fruit farm out, and from there a marble mason. So I'll see where those put me and from there I'll be heading down the expansion path of the research tree. Can't be too bad of an idea if you ask me.

DeletedUser

http://prntscr.com/a3cxf

a picture is worth 1000 words

a couple things to comment on:

1. I build up a strong economy. Doing so means I can make use of new technologies to their fullest immediately. In addition, I like to build up a ton of coin production using stilts, which are cheap & fast to build, and provide a reasonable amount of population. With all the coin I collect, I buy forge points to let me out-tech everybody. My next forge point costs 1000 coin at the moment.
2. Military: slingers are good for killing iron age units without too many losses. Slinger ranges also have a small footprint, meaning that they don't impact my economy too much. I also frequently mix in spearfighters for a meatshield/killing horses.

DeletedUser653

You have to have an army and have to use it.
its use is in progressing in the map, for defending against plundering and for plundering other players. It can give a massive advantage in gaining resouces and expansions overther players.

agresive play will always win over passive play.

Sadly: the other advice is to buy diamonds and use thes only for stopped tech tree or for buying big goods houses. Diamonds spoil the game and have too big a impact (even for a player using them!!) so they are unfair.

VFRMark

DeletedUser

Those farms next to each other look pretty sexy if I do say so myself, coming from someone who has a constant lack of supplies.

It's funny, I've heard that a lot, but this is my third world now, and I've NEVER run out of supplies until the Early Middle Ages.

The current rank 1 guy in my neighborhood has FOUR farms.

DeletedUser

The top guy in my neighborhood has 4 potteries.. On top of that he has a whole row mixed with chalets and stilt houses. That's not the end of it, the entire left half of his place is empty but he has 42,000 points..
rank1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

4 potteries is pretty standard to start with for me. I don't bother with chalets, but I basically mass up stilts and get 4 potteries, and then sell them off once I can get fruit farms and blacksmiths.

DeletedUser

I probably should've gone through the start up guides. I only started two or so days ago, stayed first place for a while so I guess I wasn't doing too bad. 3rd place now.

DeletedUser

Alright, so now I have a ton of chalets, 2 fruit farms, and 2 potteries so my supplies went through the roof and now I have no coins. Do I go for a bunch of stilt houses now or what?

DeletedUser

If you sell and built so easy again and again....no wonder you have no coin(since if you sell, you get only 1/4 back from the spent coins & supplies)

and what is better for the coin depends purely on how active you are(how many click per 5min,15min,1hour or 4hours)^^
willing to do....if you are on PC all the time 15min(stilt house) or even 5min(huts if that is what you want)
if you are less active choose it accordingly to your time 1 hour(Thatched House) or 4 hour(Chalets)...

DeletedUser

Like darkmic has said, which coin producer you rely on depends upon how active you can be - but also keep in mind that the houses basically fall into 3 categories - coin producer, tank house (for population), and balanced coins/population. I mainly rely on the first category house (huts at first for me, switching to roof tile houses now that I have 'em) with only enough tank houses (chalets for now) to bring my population up enough for my supplies, military, and goods buildings, if needed. I also build enough cultural buildings (schools currently) to keep my enthusiasm at 120%. (And of the cultural and supplies buildings, I also try to get the highest effect per space as I can manage)