• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sniping

• Thread starter DeletedUser115655
  • Start date

DeletedUser

There's no set game rules about sniping one way or the other. It's an aspect each guild has to decide whether it allows or not just like with market they might require fair trades or any rate.

DeletedUser6065

There is no such thing as 'sniping', either in guild or outside of guild.
There are however several people who are extremely careless in placing of Forge Points into buildings.
They don't put enough in.
That is careless (or extreme cases of wishful thinking), and they get what they deserve.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
There is no such thing as 'sniping', either in guild or outside of guild.
lol sniping is a comon thing depends how advanced you are lol some ppl love to go around all friends , guildmates and neighbors to find good deals for FP's and they realy don't care if you promised a spot to someone if they can they will take it
some players realy do get a hype out of sniping

Last edited:

DeletedUser6065

' . . . and they realy don't care if you promised a spot to someone if they can they will take it . . .'
Grasshopper - this is a virtual environment.
Promises are not worth the paper they are printed on.
. . . mk
* * * You're welcome. * * *

DeletedUser113901

Never have understood the stigma around so called fair trades and sniping.
Michael K is right. If you don't put enough in and you get overtaken then it's either misjudgement, mismanagement or a gamble gone sour.
AND If you don't like the terms of a trade then don't take it - nobody is forcing you to!
Only I think
  1. If you ask for FPs to be spent in your GB you must make sure to prevent sniping.
  2. You should only advertise fair trades.
But otherwise... Do whatever you want.

Little bit late to the conversation.

Between friends and guildmates it should be fairly easy to prevent sniping, just ask the others not to do it and if they don't like your decision and don't want to follow that simply cut them off, nobody wants a rude friend/guildmate/neighbour. The problem mainly lies in not being able to cut off neighbours. We have a medium-sized Guild in Rugnir and we recently started leveling Arcs but we are having troubles getting all the BPs needed for next level since people who have lvl 70~80+ Arcs can jump in without any warning and steal all the progress simply because they get the 90% bonus. It helps our Arcs level up much faster at no return cost sure, but it also slows down our progress towards higher levels considerably when they starve us of our much needed blueprints.

I would propose an additional feature next to the Ignore setting which would outright block them from contributing to your city. This could be considered broken if all interactions were blocked so I would suggest this additional Ignore function be named something like "declaration of war". This would block them from messaging/aiding/donating to you and vice-versa so you can't aid them for a set amount of time(maybe a month at a time). Now for balancing, the person who gets targeted by this declaration of war would be able to plunder your city 2-3 times per 24hours instead of the normal 1. OR their army gets a big boost to their %attack when versing your defending army. Or both of those things, I'm not a master of balancing

A smaller suggestion would be blocking a person from donating to your city GBs for 7 days(and vice versa) if you attack their city and kill a certain percentage of their army(even just one unit). Simply attacking their city would maybe be a bit too easy but having to kill some of their army would be more balanced for the purpose.

Man I'm so salty towards those players... I just want a way to block them.
"Secure your spots-" That's what I'm trying to do

I realize that higher ranked and leveled people should have an advantage over others but not being able to do anything at all is beyond frustrating