• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sniper Enhancement

DeletedUser11375

It seems counter-intuitive to me that while Snipers have an advantage over light troops in terms of damage, they cannot see Jaegers and Rangers while in forest.

I propose a special ability to add to Snipers, such as clear sight.

This would be similar to the Howitzer blast ability but without the extra damage when getting closer.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
-1 ... Snipers are already too strong for all of the INdA units and if this ability is also added to them then i think everybody can forget attacking PE defense with any IndA army .... the only advantage of Jaegers, which are THE best unit to fight PE army, is their stealth ability and if thats taken away from them it will be a completely useless unit to attack with...and Nobody stuck in the PE hoods can compete for IndA tower anymore...

DeletedUser16026

Snipers are quite strong overall, as ddevil pointed out. They have too many bonuses already, I do not think adding further abilities will be good in any way. It'd just create an imbalance by making them even more powerful.

DeletedUser15432

This is a definite no no as this would make the sniper king of the battlefield which is something that Inno tend to steer away from and in the section entitled ideas it says not to post this type of idea

DeletedUser11375

Thanks for the feedback guys, ddevils particular scenario was not one I had thought of.

My own hood is about 50-50 PE and Industrial so competing in the lower tower is not an issue.

What gets me about snipers is that they are more likely to suffer damage from facing jaegers and rangers than they are from conscripts, which as I said is counter intuitive.

As for ruling the battlefield, they do nothing to tanks at all and i would guess that lancers would get to them and take them down if attacking with industrial troops.

To deal with ddevils issue now that we have more competitive hoods surely the answer is have 2nd cities as an option to attack. Given as a reward for reaching LMA which tracks your main city development 4 ages back would allow more competition in all towers. But this is revolutionary talk!

DeletedUser

What I find pretty funny is that the Sniper does not have the Stealth skill. It feels strange that a Ranger and Jaeger can "hide", but the Sniper can't! Shouldn't it be the other way around, shouldn't the Sniper be the one that hides? :)

DeletedUser

What I find pretty funny is that the Sniper does not have the Stealth skill. It feels strange that a Ranger and Jaeger can "hide", but the Sniper can't! Shouldn't it be the other way around, shouldn't the Sniper be the one that hides? :)

That would be reasonable, but it will make sniper too op.
Sniper have already "Dug-in special ability"