• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

smiley face on Castel del Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

lol i have never noticed that
good eye sir

i guess is an easter egg ,every game has them

DeletedUser

I've been looking at my Castel for a solid 5 minutes. :D I am pretty sure that this is the smiley:

smileface_casteldelmonte.jpg

DeletedUser7223

@ ladyMedea , i just noticed AloGarA said it's an egg .
Dont have them yet .

DeletedUser

I noticed it a few days ago, but I have a feeling I've noticed it long ago the first time. now it just started bothering me and I tried to find more on other GBs, with no success.

P.S. what exactly is an "easter egg"? I've heard the term before, but no recollection of what it might have meant.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When something is called "an easter egg", it can refer to, e.g. hidden messages or hints of what is to come, which were put in the game intentionally.

The term refers to the traditional easter egg hunt during Easter, when real (hard-boiled) decorated eggs are hidden and children have then to find them.

Greywolf

Sergeant
Wikipedia has a nice definition of Easter eggs:

'An Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, inside joke, or feature in a work such as a computer program, movie, book, or crossword.'

The smiley is not the only Easter egg in FoE. The Industrial age tech tree also contains an Easter egg. Players that play another Innogames game might have noticed it :D

DeletedUser276

we actually have a thread containing easter eggs if people use the search function. There are so many that are not found

Greywolf

Sergeant
we actually have a thread containing easter eggs if people use the search function. There are so many that are not found

I assume you are referencing the 'Something interesting' thread? Anyways the player that started this thread didn't know what an Easter egg was, which makes it harder to effectively search the forum and notice that there already is a thread about this subject.

DeletedUser276

lol thats why I mentioned it in passing and not in a lecture way :) I understand these things.. I am smrt.. hyuk ;)

DeletedUser

but can the mighty BS answer my initial question? is it a coincidink, or an "easter egg"?

DeletedUser

and maybe put the link(s) to the other Easter Eggs threads pelase? I Searched and couldn't find much?

Status
Not open for further replies.