• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Slow gameplay on OSX

DeletedUser97249

• World: East Nagach
  • Browser and Version: Latest Safari, Firefox, Chrome
  • Overview of the bug: Game runs very slow on OSX regardless of browser
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Continuously
  • Urgency: High
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary: On both my Mac's FoE runs very slowly, particularly in GvG, it takes almost 30 second to select troops and go into each battle, it has got particularly bad in recent months.

DeletedUser9168

Hi rhinopower, welcome to the forums.

On my mac i eventually switched from running FOE on safari, to using Chrome - but i find that i need to clear my browser history every couple of hours or the whole thing clogs up, eventually leading to shockwave crash. I have HA switched off at the moment but it really doesn't seem to matter whether it is on or off.
Are there any Mac users out there who do find the game runs satisfactorily on a Mac? if so, please let us know what works best for you.
thanks
Jampots

DeletedUser97249

Sorry for my late reply.

I've tried running with hardware acceleration on and off, but i will try your suggestion of using chrome, and keep browsing history etc etc turned off so it won't clog up. Thanks for your help.

DeletedUser

Hi rhinopower,

Just checking in to see if your reported issue has been resolved or if you have noticed an improvement with Chrome?

Please do let us know :o

Edit: No reply on this thread for over a week - moving this thread to the Archive for now, but if anyone has anything to add, feel free :)

Stingy

Private
Slow gameplay OS X persists

I am having the same issues on my new MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, NVidia Geforce GT750M 2GBVRAM videocard, OS X 10.9.4).
What is causing this??? Having HA on or off doesn't make any difference. Using Safari or Firefox isn't helping neither.
When I switch to a PC again, everything is working normal, meaning that the speed of the gameplay is there.
Please solve this or at least find the root cause of this on a Mac (OS X)

Shabooboo

Private
Old posts here but I always suffer from terrible slowdown on OSX with Chrome. Looking at the above advice I just tried launching FoE in 'Incognito' mode and it definitely seems faster; not as good as my Windows PC (But that is also many times more powerful than my MBP) but definitely faster than non-Incognito mode.