• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Simple Calculation for Forge Points Bought

DeletedUser3157

I was just semi-trolling the thread title man. It says "simple" way of calcing smth and then u just post the actual formula. Not like there is a more difficult way of calcing it as alternative, it's not a multiple choice thing :P

DeletedUser7719

One problem with your final example Surge. You put your final price for the fp, not the starter which was the plain 200 coins...

Surge

Brigadier-General
That final example actually tells me how many coins I have spent in buying forge points. That or I might be missing your point.

DeletedUser7719

Exactly, the number you plugged in would be trying to find how much it would cost you to buy 373 forge points if your cost for fp was at 18850 right now. In total, you bought 373 fp, and the starting cost of the fp was 200 coins.

Surge

Brigadier-General
You're right actually. I didn't notice that. Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

DeletedUser15432

My current expenditures, total points and total costs for coins are listed below: -

Coin cost 80600 31050 26500 79850 33850 94050 36550 33700 9150 Total cost 425300
Points bought 1608 617 526 1593 673 1877 727 670 179 Total points 8470Total coat 64601600 9502000 6903950 63401600 11306600 88031500 13195250 11205950 796750 Grand Total cost 68148450

DeletedUser914

Excel is much easier: my excel spreadsheet looks like this

Column A: Amount of forgepoints Column B Cost of 1 single forgepoint Column C: Total Forgepoint cost

and now, in A1 you fill in 1, B1 you fill in the amount of coins it cost for the first single one, and C1: +=B1
For A2 =A1+1 B2=B1+50 C2= B2+C1

Now you scroll these formulas down until about 1000 fields deep, then you check the total amount of coins you have, (or want to spend as maximum), scroll down where you see that number in the C column and read the amount of forgepoints you get for it in A

And easy thing about it: you only have to change field B1 and everything recalculates

DeletedUser99445

It costs me 212,900 coins to buy my next forge point.
Anyone know how many FP I have bought so far and/ or how many coins I've spent on the FP's so far?

DeletedUser914

Gate2 bought 4253 forgepoints with a total cost of 453 million coins (453157150)

DeletedUser10132

As a math guy - It would be easier for most folks to use:

n=(x-200)/50

Thanks for the math.

DeletedUser15432

Excel is much easier: my excel spreadsheet looks like this

Column A: Amount of forgepoints Column B Cost of 1 single forgepoint Column C: Total Forgepoint cost

and now, in A1 you fill in 1, B1 you fill in the amount of coins it cost for the first single one, and C1: +=B1
For A2 =A1+1 B2=B1+50 C2= B2+C1

Now you scroll these formulas down until about 1000 fields deep, then you check the total amount of coins you have, (or want to spend as maximum), scroll down where you see that number in the C column and read the amount of forgepoints you get for it in A

And easy thing about it: you only have to change field B1 and everything recalculates

Yes but you work on just 1 single world whereas I operate on all 9 worlds therefore in excel, where I copied the figures from column A is date columns B through J are individual costs per world, Column K is total cost for a single point, columns L through to T are quantity of forge points per world, column V is total number of forge points purchased, columns W through to AE are cumulative costs per world and column AF is cumulative cost of all forge points

Therefore given that I operate on all 9 worlds, my spread-sheet will be more complicated

DeletedUser

solving for n from the original equation x = n (25n + s - 25) gets you this
fps.jpg
which allows you to figure out the maximum fps you can buy with your current gold amount and fp cost which was far more useful to me than the original equation (once I set up excel to solve the new equation for me anyways)

DeletedUser99445

solving for n from the original equation x = n (25n + s - 25) gets you this
View attachment 7451
which allows you to figure out the maximum fps you can buy with your current gold amount and fp cost which was far more useful to me than the original equation (once I set up excel to solve the new equation for me anyways)

Err Nope, no idea what that means either.

DeletedUser914

if I make from these 2 equations a very simple excel spreadsheet, is there a website to publish so everyone can download?

DeletedUser

if I make from these 2 equations a very simple excel spreadsheet, is there a website to publish so everyone can download?
make it a google doc/excel sheet, then share the link here and everyone can use it (make sure it's editable by everyone so they can plug in their x, s and n values--which is all I know about any of that). My rewritten formula works well in excel if add the 'round down' function before the actual equation.

@gate - it means that if you use that formula it will tell you how many fps you can buy with whatever amount of gold you happen to have at that moment. plug in the values for x, and s and solve (check the OP for what x and s stand for) Don't ask me to explain it because I don't understand how it works either, I just put the original formula into the wolfram alpha website, told it to solve for n and let it do it's work....

DeletedUser7719

It's a quadratic equation with s and x being constants, so the formula you derived came from using the quadratic formula (and taking the positive root since you can't buy a negative amount of FP ;))