• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Simple Calculation for Forge Points Bought

Surge

Brigadier-General
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calculating The Amount of Forge Points Purchased in Total

Hello community. Today I'd like to share a simple formula I have created to find out the amount of forge points you have purchased. Keep in mind this does not track how many you have purchased using diamonds. This formula relies on coin costs. Of course, this isn't a guide to help make you better at the game (like my coin guide). This formula is just here to feed the curious. The formula is as follows:

For Variables, let...

x = The current cost for the next forge point
n = The amount of forge points you have purchased

x = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

If you are a bit lazy and want a computer to calculate this for you, use FacetiousMike's Forge Point Calculator. You will need to click "edit in browser" and then edit the numeric values in the green boxes. Credits to FacetiousMike for this handy tool.

If you want to solve this manually, though, here is a short tutorial on how to solve this.

Finding the value for the variable 'x' is very easy. Simply click on the '+' sign next to the forge point bar. Then, look at the button to the left of the large box that has opened, and the price for the next forge point is printed on the button. For my current situation, the cost for the next forge point is 18,850 coins. I now have my 'x' variable. Now we plug in this value for x, as follows:

18,850 = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

Next, we subtract both sides by 200, to leave the (50 ∙ n) bit alone.

18,850 - 200 = 50 ∙ n

18,650 = 50 ∙ n

And the last part is to simply divide both sides by 50 to leave the variable 'n' alone.

18,650 / 50 = n

n = 373

Now I have successfully solved the formula and found out that I have purchased 373 points. I can safely say I have accelerated at least 330 hours of progression (I was playing FoE before guilds appeared, so all trading had to be done with forge points).

If you still don't understand how this formula works, here is the simplest explanation I can come up with: The value 200 in the equation is there to add on to the initial cost of 200 coins the very first forge point you buy. Because every forge point you buy increases the cost by 50 coins plus the cost of the forge point you just bought, the (50 ∙ n) helps to see by how much the cost has risen. Without the value of 200 to be added into the product of (50 ∙ n), your answer will always be by 200 coins off, meaning you actually add an extra 4 forge points to your total. As for the variables, I believe the example I have provided above should explain to you.

Now, for the proof that it works with NO forge points bought. This is in the situation of a totally new world being created, which is how no forge points were bought. At this moment, the cost of the next, first forge point is 200, so we have our 'x' value.

200 = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

200 - 200 = 50 ∙ n

0 = 50 ∙ n

0 / 50 = n

n = 0

This shows that there have been NO purchases of forge points at all (save for the diamond purchases... hehehe...). This example shows proof that this formula is genuine and works.

Now it's your turn. I want to know progression curves. Post the cost of your next forge point, your forge points bought and your position in the tech tree (for example: late IA, Early LMA, Mid IndA...)

Calculating Costs For The Next Set of Forge Points

Now here is another handy formula provided by byeordie. It helps you calculate how many coins will be spent on the next certain amount of forge points you wish to buy. This works with any value representing the variables, and can even help you determine how many coins you spent on forge points!

For Variables, let...

x = The total cost for the next set of forge points you buy
n = The amount of forge points you are purchasing
s = Starting cost of your forge point

x = n (25n + s - 25)

This one is a little more complicated, but simple nevertheless. Again, if you do not want to solve this manually, you can use FacetiousMike's Forge Point Calculator to quickly solve this and get your answer. Just click "edit in browser" and change the values in the green boxes.

Here is a tutorial on how to use this correctly. Suppose I have a technology I want to finish right now is missing 7 forge points in the bank. My current cost for the next one is 18,850 coins, as in the previous question. First, plug in the values for your variables.

x = 7 (25(7) + 18,850 - 25)

Next, use order of operations to find out the value of what is in the parenthesis and then find the product of 7 and the value you got.

x = 7 (175 + 18,850 - 25)

x = 7 (19,025 - 25)

x = 7 ∙ 19,000

x = 133,000

I found out that in order to complete the technology right now, I need to spend 133,000 coins on forge points. This cost does not include the cost of the technology in question, but you can easily add those two values up.

Now here is an example showing how many coins I have spent on forge points in total. Note that this requires the solution to the first equation so that you can plug in for the variable 'n'.

x = 373 (25(373) + 200 - 25)

x = 373 (9,325 + 200 - 25)

x = 373 (9,525 - 25)

x = 373 ∙ 9,500

x = 3,543,500

It turns out I have spent around three and a half million coins on forge points!

This formula was given by byeordie. All credit for this formula to him.

~Surge

Last edited:

Surge

Brigadier-General
I've actually tried to make a formula like the one you did on how much the next batch of fp will cost. Except I tried using summation, or sigma. Apparently it didn't need sigma. I'll add your formula to the op if you want to along with credit. But that 2nd comment would still be noticeable. It's up to you.

DeletedUser

39450 for next FP.
Looks like I've bought 789 of them. Finished with all the research for now.

DeletedUser9168

next FP costs me 14650, so i reckon i have bought 289 of them.
put some into GBs, my own and others
now early PE in the tech tree

Amy Steele

General
Next FP on H costs me 3100 coin so I make that I have bought 58 of them... I am about 1/3 way through IndA on that world.

On F my next FP will cost 1000. so I reckon there I have bought 16... on that world I am almost half way through CA.

I'm a very patient person lol :p

btw - Surge's rearranged formula can be plugged straight into a calculator if you just do (x-200)/50 so in my case in the first example x = 3100, thus making the calculation (3100-200)/50 ...the brackets simply mean do this bit first

DeletedUser7223

My next FP costs 98,400 . by Amy's Cal. i have bought 1964 .

DeletedUser13805

Hello community. Today I'd like to share a simple formula I have created to find out the amount of forge points you have purchased. Keep in mind this does not track how many you have purchased using diamonds. This formula relies on coin costs. Of course, this isn't a guide to help make you better at the game (like my coin guide). This formula is just here to feed the curious. The formula is as follows:

For Variables, let...

x = The current cost for the next forge point
n = The amount of forge points you have purchased

x = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

If you are, for some reason, uneducated in mathematics, or forgot how to solve simple formulas like this, here is a short tutorial on how to solve this.

Finding the value for the variable 'x' is very easy. Simply click on the '+' sign next to the forge point bar. Then, look at the button to the left of the large box that has opened, and the price for the next forge point is printed on the button. For my current situation, the cost for the next forge point is 18,850 coins. I now have my 'x' variable. Now we plug in this value for x, as follows:

18,850 = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

Next, we subtract both sides by 200, to leave the (50 ∙ n) bit alone.

18,850 - 200 = 50 ∙ n

18,650 = 50 ∙ n

And the last part is to simply divide both sides by 50 to leave the variable 'n' alone.

18,650 / 50 = n

n = 373

Now I have successfully solved the formula and found out that I have purchased 373 points. I can safely say I have accelerated at least 330 hours of progression (I was playing FoE before guilds appeared, so all trading had to be done with forge points).

If you still don't understand how this formula works, here is the simplest explanation I can come up with: The value 200 in the equation is there to add on to the initial cost of 200 coins the very first forge point you buy. Because every forge point you buy increases the cost by 50 coins plus the cost of the forge point you just bought, the (50 ∙ n) helps to see by how much the cost has risen. Without the value of 200 to be added into the product of (50 ∙ n), your answer will always be by 200 coins off, meaning you actually add an extra 4 forge points to your total. As for the variables, I believe the example I have provided above should explain to you.

Now, for the proof that it works with NO forge points bought. This is in the situation of a totally new world being created, which is how no forge points were bought. At this moment, the cost of the next, first forge point is 200, so we have our 'x' value.

200 = 200 + (50 ∙ n)

200 - 200 = 50 ∙ n

0 = 50 ∙ n

0 / 50 = n

n = 0

This shows that there have been NO purchases of forge points at all (save for the diamond purchases... hehehe...). This example shows proof that this formula is genuine and works.

There you have it. The formula to show you how many forge points you bought using coins.

Oh, while you're still here, why not try this formula? I want to know progression curves. Post the cost of your next forge point, your forge points bought and your position in the tech tree (for example: late IA, Early LMA, Mid IndA...)

~Surge

erm yes exactly my point : )

DeletedUser

These calculations are bound to get too much for some players so if anyone would like an easy to use tool then you may use the one I have created here.

Credit to Surge, byeordie and Amy Steele as I used their posts for the calculations and merely interpreted it in a user friendly and easy to display tool.

DeletedUser9168

looks neat, Mike, but it won't let me enter any data.
is it cos i'm on a Mac ? (but I have Excel running on it)

DeletedUser

Oh, you may need to click edit in browser - I forget about that button! Alternatively, you can download it for use in Excel.

DeletedUser7223

These calculations are bound to get too much for some players so if anyone would like an easy to use tool then you may use the one I have created here.

Credit to Surge, byeordie and Amy Steele as I used their posts for the calculations and merely interpreted it in a user friendly and easy to display tool.

& credit to you Mike . Using this tool it showed that i have spent 97.8 million coin on FPs so far . Lol , always wondered why i never have a washer .

Surge

Brigadier-General
Changelog

-Added byeordie's formula used to calculate the cost of the next set of forge points.
-Added FacetiousMike's Forge Point Calculator featuring both my formula and byeordie's given formula.

Thanks for all the responses! Some of them were interesting. Amy Steele having few bought and pbajoyce having bought nearly 2,000 points. Both are out of average....

Amy Steele

General

Thanks Mike - awesome tool :D

btw all I did was to restate Surge's rearranged formula... all credit to Surge and byeordie for the original formulas

Last edited:

DeletedUser3157

For a title that says "simple", this OP sure looks full of numbers and all that confusing stuff.(although is just 3rd grade math).

You know, if u divide ur FP cost with 50, u already get quite close number of what u've bought(off by only 4)
And if u plan to buy a ton of FPs, u can just multiply that FP number with what's ur average FP cost gonna be during that run, you'd overestimate only a few %.

That be "simple", your way is just "accurate" :P

DeletedUser

Don't worry hint, i made accurate simple, so I think we got it all covered today :D lol

DeletedUser6461

It seems that I used 117.5 Million coins till now only for F.Ps. Any way,that's far behind the supplies that i have now for sure :)

Nice job Mike, Surge and Byeordie & Amy !! Keep it up and make more useful tools for our community :cool:

Surge

Brigadier-General
Hint, I know that having a post full of numbers may not look simple, but my explanations and solutions are as simple as it can ever be. And I also like to be accurate with everything.

Then again, if you really want pure braindead simplicity, just take a look at FacetiousMike's calculator.