• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Side Quest - Grivus

• Thread starter DeletedUser110620
  • Start date

DeletedUser110195

It's a reference to South Park Season 12 Episode 3 where "cheesing" is a topic. It has something to with cats!

Read the text in the image "Ludwig sent assassins to try cheesing"

The name of my city is now "try cheesing" for that sole reason. :-P
I haven't seen that episode, and frankly, not many of the rest of them either...but that sounds funny so you get a like. ;)

LadyHecate

Major-General
Try following the campaign quests on the Wiki. You'll then know well ahead of time of any quest traps and can plan ahead accordingly. Your current quest is at: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Poison_in_the_Well
You can then just follow each the Next Quests and see how far you can get. Some quests also split the story line so you can plan ahead to get the most advantageous rewards; e.g. to get the TF Hover Tanks you need to have negotiated for the early Provinces on the TF campaign map rather than have conquered them with military units.

DeletedUser110195

No, that makes it impassable without being in colonial, just as that tower ruin quest in LMA stops you if you're not in LMA. So Colonial is the possible minimum for pushing far ahead. Noted. Hopefully nothing standing in the way of pushing ahead to PME or beyond from Colonial. Would still be a pants filling sight for attackers expecting an easy win with rogues, only to encounter PME units smirking at the colonial or even industrial unit.

vikingraider

Emperor
When I'd just moved to IndA I was attacked by someone with a PME champion so it must be possible. I'm going for it as well.

DeletedUser110195

Before checking the quests I knew it was possible to have PME units in InA, but now I know it can be done from colonial too. You just have to go the farmer route and it is perfectly possible to push the story quests all the way into PME at least without going very far into colonial. Get the goods techs related to your boosts and research nothing unless you absolutely have to. No InA story quest absolutely requires you to be in that age, and from PE on the quests only call for 'your current age' this, that or the other thing.

DeletedUser110620

Ok, So I've been searching for Side Quests, and Bonus Quests. I think you will find that the answer may not be on the main story / main questline.

Though LadyHecate gave us an example which apparently works:
e.g. to get the TF Hover Tanks you need to have negotiated for the early Provinces on the TF campaign map rather than have conquered them with military units.
This should be worth looking into.

So my burning question is: What about the Bonus LMA Provences, starting with Ravens Creek, does it trigger a quest line? Will that give units at some point?

DeletedUser110620

This one I find interesting

Ragu Silvertongue

Your Highness! At long last, the decadent Queen Sophie Antoinette sends you a messenger. She is displeased with the
fighting, and demands you withdraw immediately. Maybe we should do as she asks. Doing so could earn you the citizens'
respect. Of course, you may also simply ignore her request.

Completion Response

Please, insert Completion Response here, if available

Request:

• Have no military buildings or build 1 military building
• Hint: If you want to ignore Sophie Antoinette, build a military building. Otherwise sell all military buildings.

Reward:

• C 11,000

Previous quest: The Smell of Rebellion

Next quest: No Peace!

Retrieved from "http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Cake_or_Quarrel?oldid=43472"

Ok, this comes before the Blocking Quest, the Hint seems to well "hint" at something. Does this quest bypass some of the quests? If so, then would it bypass the blocking quest?

DeletedUser110620

This one looks good:

A Bloody End

Princess Myciena

Counselo
Princess Myciena
Age A Colonial Age

Princess Myciena

Counselo
Princess Myciena
Age AA Industrial Age

Request

Your Grace! We need to force this wicked Kaiserin out. Liberate the lands she controls and the people who inhabit
them!

Required:

• Control Zaldon-on-Sea, Ravens Creek and Houndsmoor
• Pay 22000 Supplies

Completion

Your Grace! Kaiserin Konstanze has been defeated. You've taken her prisoner and you control all her land. But that was
just the begining. More problems lie ahead!

Reward:

• Random Reward
• 2 Grenadier

Additional Information

Abortable: NO

Previous quest: A Bloody Message

Next quest: Choose!

Retrieved from "http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/A_Bloody_End?oldid=44213"

But I don't know how to trigger it. I go-a-scouting Ravens Creek and find out!

DeletedUser110620

Screenshot from 2017-08-04 23-11-31_crop.jpg

Hey, he can travel all that way in just over 11 Hours??? He took 24 hours to go a fraction of the distance from Narcein to Lavignon!!!

DeletedUser110195

Leave the scout map and come back, he'll already be over there. ;)

Even more hilarious than this is when you have your scout cross oceans, they'll do so in an instant, a trip that should take a week, done in a couple minutes.

DeletedUser110620

Screenshot from 2017-08-04 23-28-39.jpg

Oh no! It waits for him! He's going to be Cheesing when he gets there!

DeletedUser110620

Hey, I can't believe that if I really trigger that quest, it might be possible to get not just 1 but 2 Grenadier. That's right

2 Grenadier

Better than LMA, they are Colonial!

Sounds too good to be true, but I can't find any reason why trying could hurt too much.

DeletedUser110620

Screenshot from 2017-08-04 23-28-39_sometimelater.jpg

Ok, leaving the map and coming back just truncated his trail! But why? This is just an illogical representation. One of those things that makes me want to scratch out my eyes while playing this game.

DeletedUser110195

Maybe it's log out and come back that puts him all the way into the unknown zone, either way, imagine being colonial age...some guy with 2 million points, 80% attack/defense, an AO giving crits, he struts into your city, which has none of this, thinking "I'm gonna pwn this noob and plunder him!"

Then, before he can move, his army is gunned down by MG teams.

DeletedUser110620

Screenshot from 2017-08-05 10-14-27.jpg

ARGH! He is so frustrating, he is right there then he starts moving like a granny. The cat got fed up with his slowness too. He's just s tease.

DeletedUser110620

Well, scouting that didn't trigger a new quest.

This is the one I wanted to stumble upon:

A Shadow from the Past

Princess Myciena

Counselo
Princess Myciena
Age A Colonial Age

Princess Myciena

Counselo
Princess Myciena
Age AA Industrial Age

Request

My Savior! My kingdom is a prosperous and peaceful land. My father reigned over it until recently. But then, we were
invaded by a strange army. I was taken prisoner, and god knows what they did to my father. Please, help me learn
what's become of him.

Required:

• Scout the province east of Ravens Creek
• Scout the province sotheast of Ravens Creek

Completion

My Savior! Kaiserin Konstanze was not the sole aggressor. She formed an unholy alliance with a wicked woman name
Freifrau Hagazussa, an evil king by the name of Godefrey Darkblood and a cunning and dangerous man called Ludwig der
Listige.

Reward:

• Random Reward

Additional Information

Abortable: NO

Previous quest: ???

Next quest: A Cry for Help

Retrieved from "http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/A_Shadow_from_the_Past?oldid=41433"
Categories:

This is the annoying part: "Previous quest: ???"

So what to do?

vikingraider

Emperor
Even though I've reached IndA I'm just a little in front of you on the quests so I'll let you know if I receive any military awards.

DeletedUser110195

I'm in progressive and I can tell you, you do. In every age you get units from story quests and some side quests.