• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Side Quest - Grivus

• Thread starter DeletedUser110620
  • Start date

DeletedUser110620

I'm going to have to look into how to get onto that story quest some other time. If anyone knows please message. I'll be gone for a while. Also everyone post here all your secrets for getting untis above your age!

DeletedUser109950

Is it possible to get rid of an old story quest? I still have a quest from Princess Mycena that appears on my page. I am several ages past the particular era for which the task ("recruit warriors") was relevant but it still sits there. I would like to remove it but don't know how. Advice appreciated.

DeletedUser110195

You can't abort story quests, you shouldn't want to abort them. Through story quests, you can get units above your age. All you can do is complete the quest, and if you're several ages above it with equal map progress, you'll get a stream of quests already completed inbetween those 'recruit so many units, collect so many coins/supplies, build this thing.

It's a lot of free loot you've passed up when it could've mattered, not to mention the units.

DeletedUser110620

HI, so here's an update
QuestLMA_Harbor_withmap.jpg

Ok, this view shows quite a bit.

1. I've taken quite a few Colonial provinces. Still hasn't triggered any notable quests.

2. A quest (as seen above) was triggered by the LMA province with the (new style) Scout on. Once the province of Eldenborough is controlled, the above quest, mentioning that very province will be placed in the side quest cue for you to discover as soon as you finish your current side quests. (Note, this needs to be corrected on the Wikia page:

-----------------------START WIKIA---------------------
You hold access to a harbor in Eldenborough that opens into a yet unknown sea. Maybe you should send out an expedition to find out more about what lies in the east.

Request:

• Build a cartographer and delete 3 units.

Reward:

• S 10 silk

Abortable: Yes

Retrieved from "http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Expedition_to_the_East?oldid=53808"
-----------------------END WIKIA-------------------------

So since it asks for a cartographer and I'm still HMA, I skiped it.

3. The province of Queenshope is accessible for the scout from the Colonial age province. So I decided to scout it since it is considered a Bonus Province. It was not expected to become available to me like that. The sectors feature mixture of LMA units and Colonial age Field Guns. The order of the units on the field appears to be unusual since the field guns get to fire before Trebuchets can fire. It's a combination which isn't so impassible. But rather stubborn to take on. A single shot from a Field Gun has the ability to take out a Trebuchet.

4. Ludwigs assassins (as you can see) are still cheesing at my wells and this disgusts my citizens very much. Please send Advanced Colonial or LMA units into my control to chase them away.

Sorry it's been so long since I had a chance to look into this. Thanks for your interest! :D

DeletedUser110195

That screenshot can't be real.....you have to finish all the provinces of LMA before you can begin on Colonial....

DeletedUser110620

No, and I'm sure I took my first LMA province before all the HMA were finished. Plus the "Bonus - Barbarian" provinces were there when I was fighting HMA and taking LMA provinces.