• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Showing maximum levels for buildings

paul1308

Private
I was thinking about submitting this in the ideas section but thought I'd post here and see what other players think. I will use Worlds Fair as an example of what I mean because this is the most recent building I've encountered this problem with. It applies to many buildings - not just WF.

There is an option in the antique dealer to buy a Worlds Fair selection kit (that is, to build a lvl 1 or to upgrade). I know I have a WF in my city so I hover over it and it says "Worlds Fair - Lv 10". I have no idea if this is the maximum level or if it can be upgraded even further. So I have to go to the antique dealer and click on (not buy!) the WF selection kit. Then I have to click on the upgrade icon and scroll all the way to the end of the upgrades. It reaches a max of lvl 10 so now I know that my WF cannot be upgraded any further.

Would it be an idea for a building description to show the max upgrade level eg "Worlds Fair - Lv 8/10" or "Worlds Fair - Lv 8 (of 10)".

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this a bit frustrating. I know my WF is now level 10 and can't be upgraded but in 3 months time I'll forget and I'll see an upgrade kit in the dealer and go through this all over again.

Do you think I should submit it as an idea? What do others think? Or maybe I'm making too much of an issue out of it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I think you are making too much of a deal out of this. As you pointed out - it is very easy to click on the Upgrade in the AD and be able to scroll over to see what the top-most level is - not to mention, you can also see what the upgrade level bonus will be (which is usually more important to know, as most players will already know if they have a top level Event Building or not). As well, some Event Buildings (such as Winter Train or Winter Canal) have a special name once the top level has been attained.

If you are really worried about whether or not you 'need' a particular Selection Kit from the AD - best thing to do, is take a sticky note, and write down all the Buildings you have that still need upgrades. Do not really need the game to be designed to do every little thing for you.