• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show troop type on popup

Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Kalliopeia

Private
Proposal:
When preparing to battle, including in the Army Management screen, show the type of the troop on the details popup.

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes; No.

Reason:
On the web version of the game, the detail popup of a troop shows the type of that troop - heavy, light, fast, ranged.
On the mobile app, that information is missing.

While it can be inferred from the attack/defence bonuses, it does slow down the mental calculation for a player using the app, in a way that a web player doesn't suffer.

Details:
When planning to battle, it is essential to match one's own army to one's opponent's, in terms of troop types - heavy, light, fast, ranged.
When doing this in a web browser, the troop types are visible on each unit's popup. However, when playing on the mobile app, this information is missing. This puts the mobile player at a disadvantage, as the troop types have to be inferred from their attack/defence bonuses, by knowing that order.
This idea is to rectify that, and to add the troop type on the popup, next to the troop name.

Visual Aids:
army-web.png

army-app.jpg

I've indicated where the icon could go.

Balance:
Improves balance between app users and web users.

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:
n/a

Kalliopeia

Private
Tap on a unit (your own or the enemy) and you get a pop up that shows you all the details
Did you look at the screen shots I included?
The question I can't answer from looking at your screen shot is "what kind of unit is a Shredder?" so I can't strategise accordingly.

Agent327

Overlord
The question I can't answer from looking at your screen shot is "what kind of unit is a Shredder?" so I can't strategise accordingly.

You want to know the type of unit it is, to match your army with the opponent. The pop-up on the app shows you against what units that Shredder has a bonus, so you can see what you want and need. Type of the unit is irrelevant in this case,

Besides that, mobile players "suffer" and are at a "disadvantage"? What a load of bull. You are not fighting eachother.

If you do not know the type of unit before a batlle, you just suck at the game.

Have zoomed in my screenshot a bit and circled the relevant bit.

As you can see it shows this is a heavy unit

Screenshot_20200515_165144.jpg

Edit, I'm sorry I only glanced at your screenhots, the symbol shows your berserker is a light unit

Kalliopeia

Private
Have zoomed in my screenshot a bit and circled the relevant bit.

As you can see it shows this is a heavy unit
<image>
Edit, I'm sorry I only glanced at your screenshots, the symbol shows your berserker is a light unit
Oh my word, I can see it if I squint!

Would you agree it would be clearer if it were moved out of the image to the location I suggested? If so, I'll reword the idea accordingly.

Oh my word, I can see it if I squint!

Would you agree it would be clearer if it were moved out of the image to the location I suggested? If so, I'll reword the idea accordingly.
Depends on the size of your screen!

It's a bit small on my phone but fine on my tablet. Usually you have the same units in your army and can click on the same symbols when selecting unit types if you are unsure what does what.

Even on a small screen they are very different from each other so fairly easy to distinguish