• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show sector abbreviations on battleground map

Should sector names be shown on the battleground map

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser117610

Proposal:

Show province abbreviations (eg A2S) on the battleground map

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes

Reason:

Players coordinate battleground activity by referring to provinces with their abbreviated names such as A2S. There is some logic to the way provinces are named but most players still have to click around the map to find the one being referred to. It would be much more convenient if the abbreviation was just shown on the map itself.

This would be helpful to experienced players trying to coordinate a lot of activity quickly, and particularly helpful to new players who are not familiar with the name patterns.

Details:

There is plenty of room to display the abbreviated names with a decent size font, and a mask would allow the text to be shown clearly without obscuring the background images. The best place for this text would be below the place where the conquest flag appears. Fitting the full name would be more tricky and unnecessary (I doubt anyone uses the full names anyway).

Visual Aids:

See attached. Image taken from iPhoneX. I didn't put a mask under the text so one of the sectors is a little hard to read but still legible; this would be fixed with a proper design. The font could be 2 points larger (or more) and there would still be plenty of room to fit the text without obscuring the map detail.

I didn't include a checkbox to toggle the sector names for the reason that I don't think you'd ever use the map without them showing.. but you could easily fit this on the map or add it as a menu item in the bottom left menu (which would be consistent UI placement with the settlements)

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

This is a simple convenience feature, no balance/abuse prevention is required.

Summary:

I can't really think of a downside to this idea but look forward to the usual suspects pointing it out to me and linking irrelevant previous suggestions. TIA ;)

I mistakenly used the word 'sector' rather than 'province' in the title of this post and the poll. I'd change it if I could but regardless I'm sure the meaning is still clear; if a mod is able to make that change then that would be great.

Attachments

• Sectors.png
    Sectors.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
I play on my phone most of the time and the screen is not that big (same as most phones) making the text big enough to read on every sector would in all likelihood completely obscure everything else on the map. Would probably be ok on pc

DeletedUser117610

Thanks for the positive feedback. I also play on mobile so having this on the mobile app would be essential for me. I’m quite certain the text would fit. If you were prepared to overlay it over the base of the conquest map then the font could be quite large, and if not then a smaller font would still be legible. I can prepare a mock-up if needed to illustrate once the battleground resumes and I can do a screenshot.

Regards the ascetic you’re could have a checkbox in the top right to toggle the sector display on and off. However I think you’d find that players would want it on permanently so in the end it would be the checkbox adding clutter rather than the names.

DeletedUser118860

Proposal:

Show province abbreviations (eg A2S) on the battleground map

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: yes

Reason:

Players coordinate battleground activity by referring to provinces with their abbreviated names such as A2S. There is some logic to the way provinces are named but most players still have to click around the map to find the one being referred to. It would be much more convenient if the abbreviation was just shown on the map itself.

This would be helpful to experienced players trying to coordinate a lot of activity quickly, and particularly helpful to new players who are not familiar with the name patterns.

Details:

There is plenty of room to display the abbreviated names with a decent size font, and a mask would allow the text to be shown clearly without obscuring the background images. The best place for this text would be below the place where the conquest flag appears. Fitting the full name would be more tricky and unnecessary (I doubt anyone uses the full names anyway).

Visual Aids:

See attached. Image taken from iPhoneX. I didn't put a mask under the text so one of the sectors is a little hard to read but still legible; this would be fixed with a proper design. The font could be 2 points larger (or more) and there would still be plenty of room to fit the text without obscuring the map detail.

I didn't include a checkbox to toggle the sector names for the reason that I don't think you'd ever use the map without them showing.. but you could easily fit this on the map or add it as a menu item in the bottom left menu (which would be consistent UI placement with the settlements)

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

This is a simple convenience feature, no balance/abuse prevention is required.

Summary:

I can't really think of a downside to this idea but look forward to the usual suspects pointing it out to me and linking irrelevant previous suggestions. TIA ;)

I mistakenly used the word 'sector' rather than 'province' in the title of this post and the poll. I'd change it if I could but regardless I'm sure the meaning is still clear; if a mod is able to make that change then that would be great.
I for one, completely understood your meaning. Sector, Province it's a target to beat whatever you call it.

DeletedUser

Good suggestion, i hope they will do an update on GBG, there are a lot of things they could add and make it better, i hope we will see some updates soon !