• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

(City) Show progress of scouting in city & make custom advancement possible

Vote

• Total voters

DeletedUser103370

Proposal
Show the progress of scouting, and the remaining time in city. Also it'd be nice if the buy-out were gradually decreased as it progresses (since there is less time left to complete). And lastly I'd like to see an option to set custom (partial) advancement, and pay accordingly.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
NA.

Reason
Monitor scouting quickly without the need to load the continent map, more fair and customizable usage of the buy-out option, accessible straight from your city.

Details
  • The first part is easy, show the indicator on top, perhaps next to the FP-bar somewhere. It could be a progress-bar, or a text-based "time-left" (I'd prefer a nice progress-bar though, in tool-tip you'd see the destination and the time left). Clicking the indicator anywhere would bring up the buy-out option, where with a slider you could adjust how far you want it to fast-advance, the attached input-box would show the cost in diamonds accordingly. You could also put the exact amount in the input-box you'd like to spend, then the slider would move and show you how far you can jump with it. It'd be only visible, if there is active scouting in progress.
  • Next, by gradual price I mean if your scout is already at half-way, then instead of 50 diamonds it should cost 25 to finish.
  • And third, instead of a fix price to finish scouting, you should be able to choose how much you want your scout to advance, and pay accordingly. This one could be useful for example if you don't have enough diamonds to advance all the way, still you'd be able to use it to shorten the trip! So for example I have only 25 diamonds, the whole trip would cost 50, then I'd be able to halve the trip with 25. This I could imagine with an input box and a slider, as per the example above.

Visual Aids
*instead of "Postmodern" I wrote "Progressive" in the tool-tip..... just don't mind me..... :D
0okzmzK.png

Balance
No balancing issues, in terms of things needed, simply a progress indicator in city page, and changing the way you pay for scouting to a slider and an input box.
No extra lag is added, since it only needs to load the counter upon page-load. (perhaps update it every 5th minutes or so, it's not an issue)

Concerns
Awaiting feedback.

Abuse Prevention
N/A.

Summary
Quick view of progress of scouting, adjustable buy-out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

I believe the diamond portion of this idea needs implemented in all areas of the game, so on that alone +1
I also wouldn't mind the convenience of knowing at a glance where my scout is, it would also allow players to know whether it was finished, without going to the map and ruining the quest credit it would give.

+1

However, I don't see much point in the third part. If you don't have enough to buy the entire trip, the time to buy part of it is when you are online, with the diamonds to complete the trip. Paying for a portion up-front doesn't make sense, since you might not be online when the scout gets there (or might be busy on some other part of the game, or in another world).

I'd like to add that this proposal can seem to have the effect of reducing Inno's income. However, I think it could increase it because people are more likely to come online, be ready for the scout to arrive, see it only costs a few diamonds and pay up. If they see a charge of 50 or 100 for just another few minutes, most people won't pay.

DeletedUser103370

+1

However, I don't see much point in the third part. If you don't have enough to buy the entire trip, the time to buy part of it is when you are online, with the diamonds to complete the trip. Paying for a portion up-front doesn't make sense, since you might not be online when the scout gets there (or might be busy on some other part of the game, or in another world).

I'd like to add that this proposal can seem to have the effect of reducing Inno's income. However, I think it could increase it because people are more likely to come online, be ready for the scout to arrive, see it only costs a few diamonds and pay up. If they see a charge of 50 or 100 for just another few minutes, most people won't pay.

Well, I was thinking of scenarios like this:
  • you have only half in diamonds of the whole trip, which would take 24 hours
  • you are racing against time because you need to complete an event
  • so by paying only half (or a portion) of the trip, you can save valuable time
or for any other reason if you need the scouting to finish quickly, but you don't have the full amount, you'd still have a way to speed it up.

And yeah I thought the same, paying only the portion which is left could encourage more people to spend, it's simply more tempting to throw off a couple of diamonds, than 50, especially if they're in a hurry!

DeletedUser110195

Well, I was thinking of scenarios like this:
  • you have only half in diamonds of the whole trip, which would take 24 hours
  • you are racing against time because you need to complete an event
  • so by paying only half (or a portion) of the trip, you can save valuable time
or for any other reason if you need the scouting to finish quickly, but you don't have the full amount, you'd still have a way to speed it up.

And yeah I thought the same, paying only the portion which is left could encourage more people to spend, it's simply more tempting to throw off a couple of diamonds, than 50, especially if they're in a hurry!
There's this, there is also not wanting to pay the whole 50 diamonds to finish it instantly, but cutting the time in half would do just fine. Paying at the start to speed things up but not finish would indeed give better customization to how diamond rushing a scout would be used. There's also the end of the trip, in which the player could opt to finish it with a few more diamonds and shave off a little more time.