• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show off/def bonuses stats

DeletedUser

I counted 6 people against the idea and no one except the opening poster is for the idea. Even though the opening poster has come back with several rebuttals to the negative opinions I still add my voice to the negatives:

-1 from me.

I like to have as many tools in my defensive arsenal as I can get and subterfuge, if well done, is one of those tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Meaning, she only noticed the massive GB's that give defense bonuses, thus only took the GB's into account and didn't see the reason to double check before the fight tarted
It doesn't matter if she noticed them or not, it should have been apparent after the first hit(s), especially if you use ranged... (this info already available to you in battle, no need scouting)

Scouting and investigating your opponent is like studying before an exam. It's something that has to be done, not let someone else do it for you.
When you have 20 exams in a week, counting this becomes pointless "challenge". Honestly other than the cost of an interaction noted before, which is a valid concern I tried to address, I believe that most objects here are by people who already take notes of such info and don't want to see this not due to some alleged "challenge" or more intelligent decision making :rolleyes: but because they fear that this info being available to the more casual crowd will lessen their/our effort...

DeletedUser10537

battle need preparation and at least it add some peps in it
and moreover, this information can be found, and easily too, so why dev should bothred

DeletedUser

battle need preparation and at least it add some peps in it
How exactly will your battle prep change with this? care to walk me through it, because even though I tried to see it from various perspectives, surely I missed something because I don't see it.

DeletedUser10537

avoiding doing IA vs IA, you will at least invest a time (thinking into it) by scouting your opponent city, look for GB and watchfire boost , looking for possible troups, then prepare your troops... that soem peps, where with no need to look and to digg a little bit.. I'm sure the battle part of FoE is a little bit boring
and hopefully, your neighbor will switch his defense team from time to time so there's at least some surprise

DeletedUser

Sorry OP, -1 also for just about every reason already expressed by previous posters, they are all valid reasons despite your counter arguements.

DeletedUser

avoiding doing IA vs IA, you will at least invest a time (thinking into it) by scouting your opponent city, look for GB and watchfire boost , looking for possible troups, then prepare your troops... that soem peps, where with no need to look and to digg a little bit..
Are you saying that if def/att info will be available to you, you won't be scouting the enemy city and doing prep? The way I see it, you'll still have to scout for military buildings and prep a counter for it.
As for "thinking into it" are you suggesting that playing 'count the dots' with a dozen watchtowers, some click fest with the GB and second grade math has anything todo with thinking?

I'm sure the battle part of FoE is a little bit boring and hopefully, your neighbor will switch his defense team from time to time so there's at least some surprise
Neighbors switching their defenses has nothing todo with this proposal. As for the boring part, the way to make battles interesting is to add challenge to the battlefield by improving AI, adding units with interesting abilities and improve the terrain that we fight in, not by creating artificial challenge counting the dots ;) Also if you actually have been engaged in much pvp you should realize that this proposal won't change your gameplay, while the suggested addition with infiltrate might improve it for casual and make it more rewarding for the pvpers.

DeletedUser

If a player has a 22% defense boost instead of 4%, will it really make a difference as far as what units you bring to the fight? Probably not.

If you attack someone and they have a higher defensive boost than you're willing to try your luck against, you can always retreat with no losses.

What's the benefit to something like this?

Surge

Brigadier-General
I think we agree - we don't like it. I don't think we need an extra hundred posts adding in to this though. And for this reason I won't add my two hundred cents into this because they were already added.

Request close?

DeletedUser

If a player has a 22% defense boost instead of 4%, will it really make a difference as far as what units you bring to the fight? Probably not.
I agree, overall the impact of knowing the bonus will be negligible on your decision making, which is why the ordeal of decoration hunting is even more pointless.

If you attack someone and they have a higher defensive boost than you're willing to try your luck against, you can always retreat with no losses.
The question is what is the benefit of the current situation i.e. does anyone actually scout for this, to avoid the chance that you'd need to retreat? Contrary to some of the suggestion here, I'd argue that most serious pvpers never will(at best they add/update this in a spreadsheet) and I believe that neither will the casual players who simply don't know about this and/or wont be bothered todo the decoration hunting each time for the negligible effect that it brings.

Note that OP was later augmented with a suggestion to add infiltrate/scout button to show that info. The button will be activated for a period of time for negligible cost.(10 gold for week? the standard theme, time is money) Which will:
a. Cause the casual player to feel like he takes more active role in the battles and provide him with more tactical info(always good), as well as avoiding the mind bogging pointless exercise in futility of decoration hunting each time.
b. Allow those who want to scout and the "pro"s who don't need this info, to continue todo as they did. However, since they don't waste the 10 gold on this, it might make their effort feel more rewarding.

DeletedUser

I agree, overall the impact of knowing the bonus will be negligible on your decision making, which is why the ordeal of decoration hunting is even more pointless.

Ok, I've actually bothered to read through all this, so I suppose I'll post now.

My biggest question is: If the overall bonus is "negligible on your decision making", why do you feel this is really worth pursuing? If their total defensive bonus isn't that important to making the decision, and as you have stated before you usually look at their city anyways, why is their EXACT bonus that important to know? A quick scan will reveal ABOUT how many towers they have, and a mouse-over will reveal their GB levels. I don't think this would ruin the game, but I don't really see it as a benefit to game enjoyment.

-.5 from me. ;)

DeletedUser

My biggest question is: If the overall bonus is "negligible on your decision making", why do you feel this is really worth pursuing? If their total defensive bonus isn't that important to making the decision, and as you have stated before you usually look at their city anyways, why is their EXACT bonus that important to know? A quick scan will reveal ABOUT how many towers they have, and a mouse-over will reveal their GB levels.
Like I said before:
That is those quick scans you mentioned take times and when you have to mole over dozen of people time after time it growth to a lot of time pointlessly wasted. Which will become more apparent with the recent addition of 1x1 stackable watchtowers that require no road connection thus dozens can be spread around and/or hidden.

As for what is the benefits(paraphrasing from worth perusing) are:
The question is what is the benefit of the current situation i.e. does anyone actually scout for this, to avoid the chance that you'd need to retreat? Contrary to some of the suggestion here, I'd argue that most serious pvpers never will(at best they add/update this in a spreadsheet) and I believe that neither will the casual players who simply don't know about this and/or wont be bothered todo the decoration hunting each time for the negligible effect that it brings.*

Note that OP was later augmented with a suggestion to add infiltrate/scout button to show that info. The button will be activated for a period of time for negligible cost.(10 gold for week? the standard theme, time is money) Which will:
a. Cause the casual player to feel like he takes more active role in the battles and provide him with more tactical info(always good), as well as avoiding the mind bogging pointless exercise in futility of decoration hunting each time.
b. Allow those who want to scout and the "pro"s who don't need this info, to continue todo as they did. However, since they don't waste the 10 gold on this, it might make their effort feel more rewarding.